Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Walking With God: A Journey through the Bible
Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 20, 2016
Like many I've sure, I attempted to "slog" through the Old Testament and was looking for something that was more of a cliff note and explanation of events and places and this is just that, giving you a full understanding of what happened, the significance of and the tie into the birth of Jesus and New Testament and resurrection.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who would like to better understand the Old Testament and how the Church came to be.
on August 29, 2015
Very helpful study of the underlying unity of the wide-ranging stories of salvation history in the Old and New Testaments. Attention to recurring motifs and Hebrew words ties themes together, so that the small details inform the big picture. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Regardless of your level of theological education, you're almost certain to learn some new and valuable things.
on March 14, 2014
This book taught me. Lot about salvation history. Together with the Bible timeline DVD class lessons it opened my eyes to salvation history. I wish we can teach this to our kids as early as eight graders. I think if we teach them this book with the Bible Timeline they will be strong in their faith going through high school and the college years. I wish I ha studied this in my younger years. God has a purpose in all of this. My faith is stronger than ever. Nobody will be able to take my Catholic faith away after learning God's plan for us. As we studied this I realized the perfection of God every minute detail has been planned. Thank you Jeff Cavins and Timmy Gray for this book. Thank you too for the Bible Timeline study. I pray that each parish will offer this book and class in their parishes.
May God bless your work.
on October 29, 2015
Reading some chapters over and over to again taste the OH parts! Gives the bible a new feeling in this modern world. Puts you in the times and traditions of what was going on at the time. Wished I had read it before and I will read it again and again!
on December 9, 2016
A very easy and enlightening read. You will not want to stop reading until you've finished the entire book. The author has done an excellent job of pointing out things that you may never have thought of before; such as the passages about women and water. Highly recommended for any Bible study group. Enjoy!
on April 8, 2012
This is an excellent condensation of the biblical story of salvation, particularly focusing on the continuity and correspondences between the Old and New Testaments. Something else I really enjoyed was the definitions of many Biblical names. For instance, Barabbas means "son of the father", so it adds a layer of meaning that the people asked that "son of the father" be freed while they demanded the crucifixion of the "Son of the Father".

My only complaint relates to the Kindle version. The side comments are graphics which are sometimes semi-legible, even when zoomed. Also, being graphics, I was disappointed that I was not able to highlight anything in them, as they often contain very interesting information.
on December 20, 2011
Many of us have never advanced in our understanding of Scripture beyond the stories we heard when we were small. This book presents the stories as the Author meant them to be understood. Words that we sometimes gloss over mean something and Scripture scholars Dr. Tim Gray and Jeff Cavins present the historical books of the Bible in a clear manner, telling the stories, explaining with the original language means. You will read Scriptures in a new way, with a new understanding of salvation history. I recommend this book for everyone who wants to learn more about the Bible and what the inspired words really mean.
on August 16, 2011
If you've ever picked up the Bible and lost interest in reading it because you felt it was a little too boring, then Walking With God is a must read. The authors will keep your interest as they explain much of the Old Testament right up to the time of Christ!
on May 6, 2017
This book offers wonderful insight into Bible stories that I thought I knew and which caused me distress . For example God's call to Abraham to sacrifice his 'only' son has left me uneasy . Jeff was insightful linking this to Abraham's willingness to have his concubine Hagar and their son Ishmael die in the desert, stressing that we're all Gods children, and Abraham had another child Ishmael. Lots more like this
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 5, 2018
not my favorite - but I haven't read it all yet.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse