Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.14 shipping
Walkman Car Connecting Pack for MD Walkman and CD Walkman (Model# CPA-9C)
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Order it now.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The CPA-9C cassette adapter is ideal for listening to your CD or MP3 player through your car's in-dash cassette player.
- Plug the jack into your player and the cassette tape into your car's cassette deck to start enjoying your tunes while your drive.
- Compatible with decks that make you insert the cassette with the tape opening facing the side.
- Mini-plug inserts into your portable MP3 or CD player's headphone jack.
- Silent mechanism reduces mechanical noise on the road. Self-adjusting spring-loaded head maintains optimum contact with your cassette deck's tape head.
- Compatible with car cassette decks that have side tape opening
- Self-adjusting spring head and silent mechanism
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Photoland NY||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Major Goods||Yogi Comp||Cyberguys!|
|Item Dimensions||4.5 x 0.8 x 8.7 in||5 x 5 x 1.75 in||4 x 7.3 x 0.2 in||1.38 x 5.12 x 7.09 in||5 x 2.12 x 8.12 in||2.48 x 0.35 x 3.93 in|
|Item Weight||2.08 ounces||1.41 ounces||—||—||3.95 ounces||1.44 ounces|
|Size||—||—||1 Pack||NO SIZE||accessory||—|
The Sony CPA-9C is a quality accessory for being able to listen to ipod & iPhone devices through your car's cassette player.
The Sony CPA-9C cassette adaptor allows you to connect your minidisc or CD player to a vehicle cassette player. While this Sony product works best with Sony CD and MD players, the adaptor will operate with non-Sony products as well. There are a couple of key features to this adaptor which make it a fine choice. The first notable feature is the spring-loaded head. The head will automatically adjust itself to your vehicle's cassette deck, ensuring that the two heads have optimum contact and transfer the best possible sound. The second key feature is the silent mechanism. A silent mechanism yields less operational noise and a better quality MD or CD sound. This adaptor works with all cassette players which require you to insert the tape opening facing the side. The mini-plug inserts into a portable CD or MD headphone jack. The cassette adaptor is a cheap way to make your vehicle CD and MD operational.
What's in the Box
Sony CPA-9C Cassette Adaptor
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- It works. Easily plug in a phone or MP3 player to a cassette system for a low budget conversion.
- It's better than other things out there. I've had one of those plug-n-play radio systems that attaches to your phone and plays the signal through the radio by finding an "empty" station. The sound quality on this is better and more reliable than that.
- Sound quality is not all that great. Something about converting a digital format to an analog piece of equipment causes a loss in quality of sound. Granted it's not terrible, but it's not particularly awesome either.
- It makes this weird clicking noise. If your music is loud enough it's not really all that bad, but come to any quiet lull or transition between songs and it's noticeable. Just a constant *thwack* *thwack* *thwack*
This is an improvement. The sound quality is better than the FM transmitter, I do not have to turn my stereo volume up as high as I did with the other product. I cannot hear this tape make mechanical noises even when listening to books where there are pauses without sound. I am happy with this purchase.
The internal gears in the first of the other not-to-be-mentioned-brands broke down and I had to throw it away. For the second(again not-to-be-mentioned brand), the wire near the 3.5mm plug started to fray and I had to frequently fiddle with it to get the connection to work. Eventually it stopped working completely,
After months of continuous daily use I think there are two great things about the Sony Walkman adaptor. The first is that is is shorter lengthwise than the other two and is the only one that was able to comfortably fit into my cassette player. The second great thing about this one is that there are no internal gears to break down and is therefore much quieter than the other two.
other than that. I really liked the sound. very equalized and pleasant, but after five weeks of working, I was disappointed.
the return policy is 30 days for Amazon. could not return it. went into the trash can.
Most recent customer reviews
The CPA-9C shows quality engineering and workmanship, despite its manufacturing takes place in China.Read more