- Hardcover: 32 pages
- Publisher: Barnes & Noble; Revised edition (April 5, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 076070970X
- ISBN-13: 978-0760709702
- Product Dimensions: 17.7 x 12.4 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (52 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #775,944 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Wall Chart of World History: From Earliest Times to the Present, Facsimile Edition Hardcover – April 5, 1999
Find Rare and Collectible Books
Discover rare, signed and first edition books on AbeBooks, an Amazon Company. Learn More on AbeBooks.com.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
The description on the back of one of my first editions says. "14 connecting panels unfold across 40 centuries before, and 20 centuries after, Christ." In brief, the Book starts at 4004 BC and follows Ushers timeline with all the Bible characters shown as linear and their Children are all named and how long they lived and are shown also linear in the same fashion.
After Noah's flood, Noah's children Shem, Ham, Japheth branch out into the different nations, and all the time line of events that follows shows the different nations below in all the expansion of those nations up until now, and my last book was up to date and shows our present time including the USA to President George W. Bush.
This is my experience as I have bought as many as 30 to 40 during my 25 years of buying these wonderful books.
The original printing was first published in the 1890's. My own first purchase of the printing goes back to 1989 as a reprint. That's 22 years to today, March 2011. All of my later purchases are reprinted editions since then and are known as a (facsimile edition). The quality of the pages is super, the images are super, and the coloring is super. Nothing about the quality of this book is less than super and that includes the clarity!
The Truth about history is found in Bible Chronology and seems to be the closest to any form of world history. This book itself compares with the other historic timelines and calls other timelines (Exaggerated Chronologies.), and gives examples of why they are called that.
My first purchases of these books were to use in teaching and to give all my family members copies and to even give a few to my grandkids schools.
Everything I'll explain from here will reveal my frustrations to get my last 4 super books.
All the revised additions I have up to the last were Barnes and Noble on the Jacket.
I knew that the only way for me to get more of these books, I'd have to buy old used ones, I thought.
* In Hawaii about a year ago I found what I thought was the books on sale again. About $9.99. I didn't ask to open the cellophane protection as I thought it was what I wanted. However, the new name was the (Time Chart) of World History. Back in Colorado I ordered about 7 since the price was right. When I went to Barnes and Noble to pick them up I was really surprised. This was not what I thought I had ordered. The pages inside were totally different. I did not purchase these. Remember the two words (Time Chart) It keeps showing up but different.
* I went to Amazon who has been super working with me. I put in the old ISBN # and the Icon of the book looked like just what I wanted. I just ordered one this time, and when the book came it was used like new. The book still had the correct name on it (The Wall Chart of World History), but was updated and better. I got better than I had ordered. How often does that happen?
* This next time I ordered 3 of these books, but when I saw my order, it said The (Timechart) History of the World: 6000 years of World History $25 each. I knew I didn't want the Timechart so I cancelled that order. Amazon help was just super. Remember the two words (Time Chart).
This time I had an Amazon employee help me. I ordered 4 new at $29.95 each and the identifier was. (The Wallchart of World History (Revised): Form Earliest times to the Present - A Facsimile Edition) Hardcover by: Edward Hull. Just what I wanted. Here's why I'm writing this 5 star approval. You guessed it, the title on the cover is and I'm looking at it now. (The Timechart history of the World). My heart just sank. I quickly opened the first book, and it was revised to George W Bush, and it is by far the best of all the editions. I haven't tried yet, but they say this one expands to 30 ft. Yikes.
You may have to order this (new) like I did. You won't regret it. It is no longer published by Barnes and Noble.
New important info.
Amazon did me a great job.
Published by Metro Books
Metro books 122 Fifth Ave, N.Y. New York 10011
ISBN - 13: 978-0-7607-6534-0
Printed in China.
Thanks. It was worth all the pain to get these.
By the way the Icon below here looks just like my old WallCharts of World History. That is not the correct Icon. The name is different also. Be sure to use the ISBN # I gave above here. Hopefully you'll get a later Revised edition than I got. Thanks.
Since this chart dates back to the 19th century I'm not confident about its accuracy on a number of points, however it is fun to see what was going on in the different civilizations at the same time, including China, South America, and India, as well as Europe.
The reverse side covers individual countries, mostly in Europe, with their history of leaders. There are numerous maps, lists, and comments that are interesting to read. It is a fun way to learn history and how different inventions and discoveries affected people around the world.