Wallace and Gromit in Project Zoo
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I agree with the one desenting opinion that it is not a great gift for a teenager or gamer that is not happy onless bodily fluids are strewn all over the screen. There is funny body humour jokes that might amuse some teenagers; such as Grommit burning his butt in the lava and one scene that lets Grommit take a rather noisy "potty break". It is, however, true to the characters from these wonderful movies and We (my wife and I and our 11, 7, and 5yr old kids)are enjoying it greatly.
- maintains humor of the series: Fans of the clay-mation cartoons will find the usual sight gags and banter.
- good writing/character scripting and characterizations: The writers took the time to study the characters, and placed good healthy doses of personality into them.
- cut scenes are well animated: These maintain the overall feel of the clay-mation animations and move the story along nicely.
- save points are fairly generous: Saves are possible at any time, although progress only really gets saved at certain points. Still, they save it in numerous, decent locations.
- good story: Chock full of typical Wallace and Gromit adventure and humor as they do battle against Feathers McGraw once again.
- Bad camera angles: As seems to be the case in a lot of "modern" games, particularly platformers, the camera is terrible, especially during boss battles. At times, you never see the enemy you're supposed to fight or the next jump point. Boss battles in particular have you looking at the enemy's feet/lower torso most of the time. The lack of any decent camera controls exacerbates the frustration.
- Figgity and questionable controls: The controls aren't responsive at all, unmatched only by the control layout scheme and economy of button assignments in oddness. The R1 and R2 buttons, for example, do the same move (crouch), and the L1 and L2 buttons do the same move (tap to center view, hold for first person view). This is wasteful, as a button to better control the camera or another special move could have been put in one of the button places. Repetitive controls are fine for a novice gamer, but more control options should have been included.Read more ›
That's not what I'd call fun.
The game was also pretty buggy. It could have used some more playtesting but apparently was rushed out the door.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
wallace and Gromit are so much fun. This is an adventure like no other. It does not follow any of the tv specials or the movie that was produced. It has its own unique flare to it. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Eric or April H.
when i ordered this game fr my son i watched him play it and everytime we was jumping it would freeze upPublished on July 30, 2013 by customer
I love Wallace and Gromit and so do the kids. This game is for everybody. This is a humorous game as our heroes fight Feathers McGraw.Published on December 17, 2011 by Afia
Wallace and Gromit in Project ZooI liked this game a lot and I thought it was entertaining. I like how the game keeps you guessing of what you have to do next and is filled with... Read morePublished on March 25, 2009 by Lisa Beadle
we love this game. we, like other people, like action/adventure games. (such as ratchet and clank, etc.)we recently purchased this game from the amozon seller a_wise_choice . Read morePublished on January 2, 2008 by Tina C. Neihoff
My son (then 8) wanted this game and found it relatively easy to play, i.e. he managed to get the end after a lot of playing and finally defeated the bad guy (or bad penguin... Read morePublished on December 22, 2006 by Charlie-CJ
Bought this when it first came out because we love Wallace and Gromit. We really wish it would have been a 2 player game though. Read morePublished on February 24, 2006 by T. Merritt
Wallace & Gromit in Project Zoo is a great game for the entire family. From my husband to my four year old daughter, we just can't turn it off! It's completely entertaining.Published on February 9, 2006 by emermuffin