- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 2 edition (September 14, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0199732639
- ISBN-13: 978-0199732630
- Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 0.7 x 6.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#725,313 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #845 in Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Ideologies
- #1119 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Ideologies & Doctrines > Communism & Socialism
- #1969 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > International & World Politics > European
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Walls Came Tumbling Down: Collapse and Rebirth in Eastern Europe 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Featured resources in history
Explore these featured titles, sponsored by Springer. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"The book strikes a very nice balance between interpretation and narration, never getting too bogged down in a detailed explanation of political developments nor getting lost in overly nuanced analysis."--Brian Porter-Szucs, The University of Michigan
"Engaging and insightful both in its review of the past and its predictions for the future of post-communist Eastern Europe. I was impressed by the creative organization of the book. Stokes is magnificent in presenting the complexity of regional developments and is careful to avoid generalizations across borders and parties."--Irina Gigova, College of Charleston
"This is an excellent book and I have been assigning it for more than a decade. The writing is very good. It is clear, engaging, and at a level that my students can follow without difficulty."--T. Mills Kelly, George Mason University
About the Author
Gale Stokes is past Dean of Humanities, Chair of the History Department, and a three-time winner of the George R. Brown Award for Superior Teaching at Rice University. He is the author of several books, including From Stalinism to Pluralism: A Documentary History of Eastern Europe Since 1945, Second Edition, (OUP, 1996) and Three Eras of Political Change in Eastern Europe (OUP, 1996).
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?