Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Customer reviews

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on April 29, 2017
I came to this book in a roundabout way, having been curious about a lack of biography for the artist who played a favorite song on my Pandora station, through a search that led to the author's blog and, having encountered her written voice, directly to Amazon for this book. The slice-of-life scenes feel like a combination of a great conversation intercut with vivid cinematic intermissions. At one point, my husband came out to find out why the dogs had abandoned his reading room to find them piled on top of me while I cried through one of the chapters. I hope that the post-book feeling of being in a slightly brighter world as a slightly more awake human being remains--this was an unexpected and welcome reading experience.
on April 5, 2012
This is definitely a 'can't put it down book. Robin Meloy Goldsby is even more exciting and charming in this book, than in the 'Piano Girl', if you can believe that this could be possible.
She is the kind of woman that everyone deserves to meet at least once in a lifetime, let alone live with her. Brilliant, funny, and most of all a very gifted writer, as well as pianist. She is working in a 'castle hotel' in Germany, but I don't suspect that such a gifted writer will be able to spend her time, albeit she loves it, in a piano bar, after her fourth book comes out.
She has an excellent gift of observation, and makes the most fun, from her present residency in Germany. Her youth recollections in New York are hilarious.
She also laughs about herself and her family, in a very funny way, as very few people can. If I were her husband I would be very jealous of this super gifted lady.
I bought the kindle version of this book, at almost half the list price, a big bargain, but when I saw it available, having read the 'Piano Girl' I would happily have paid double the list price.
This book has lifted my spirits in these difficult times.
Robin, if you read this, please know that I am awaiting anxiously for you to publish your next book.
on June 7, 2011
I was delighted to find out Robin Meloy Goldsby had written a sequel to Piano Girl. Anyone who can play so beautifully and write such transporting music, must have some interesting things to say. And she does. She always does. Like many readers, I was interested to read about her life in Germany and she doesn't disappoint. From a riotous adventure obtaining her driver's license (with her husband's own red-tape adventure with stern Officer Schweinsteiger) to the evocative images of the castle she fills with music (Schlosshotel Lerbach) we're along for the ride. Curtis and Julia's adventures as Americans sampling different cultures are a joy to read. I can relate to Julia's affection for animals and particularly the pony she loved; and Curtis's swap with Chris is a glimpse at young-vision ambassadors. Robin shares her friendships and brings all of her readers into the fold with some chuckles along the way.
on August 8, 2011
Robin Meloy Goldsby has turned out another winner. After "Piano Girl" I thought, "How can it get any better?" But it did. She is amazing... I'm laughing my head off, I'm riveted, I'm tearing up, I'm laughing again... it is hard to put it down. She shares her experiences in a unique way that just draws the readers right into her Piano Girl world. Singers, musicians, entertainers, audience people-- all will enjoy this memorable book-- it's great!
on December 3, 2012
What a treat to share Robin's world, from behind the piano to behind the wheel on the autobahn. Her reflections are humorous and human and her words paint unforgettable images and stories.
on June 9, 2011
I am a pianist and was surprised to start reading and laughing almost immediately. This book is full of wonderful anecdotes and stories.

I highly recommend it.