Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on October 29, 2007
The scholarly background, philological care and sweet writing that Mair provides, allow the reader to decide for himself what to make of and what to do with, (the) Chuang Tzu.
on December 20, 2011
This text was required for a course I was taking, so I ordered it and enjoyed it even after I was done using it for my academic puruits. Without the guidance of my professor I think I might have been lost in the whimsical nature of Chuang Tzu, my attention captured by the comical way in which he (or they, depending on how you look at it) introduces concepts and ideas in the stories. This particular translation is quite good, and easy to follow (although not as easy to truly understand the underlying concepts). It's not for the faint of heart, and probably not something that a beginner to the Tao or Japanese culture. But it's a nice collection. I dare you to buy it and read it, and dare you to find meaning reflected in your own life.
on August 5, 2013
Was excited to dig into this text, but found it aimless and frankly boring. I was following up from "The Way of the White Clouds" and other subject-related books, but this one landed with a thud. Already in my give-away box.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse