Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 82 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 140 reviews
on September 30, 2013
I like this book. I think this the best book of love at books. i wish I was Toni because mind control work on her and at the end of the vamp power but still human. This book is so rommmic. I love book. I can’t put the book down. All other people were in this book. This book there is human who work for vamps as a day guard and her friend is in matel hospital. her name is Toni and meets a vamp name Ian. If u like vampire book and u are adult, u will like this book. It was very decide, so you are not adult to not read it. The decide the sex scene in very detail.
on December 28, 2015
When I saw the title of the book I thought it was a little cheesy the I read the write up and it perked my interest. To read the story unfold and see Toni's character grow and come to like not just in her love for Ian but the lengths she goes to help and protect her friends and the people she loves. This book doesn't have just one story line but several. Toni is trying to rescue her best friend from her uncle that has had her commitment after her attack in order to take control of her inheritance. Ian is trying to find his true love, and uncover Toni's secret. Last but not least the Malcontents, the evil vampires and how Toni and Ian both have to try and survive the battle with them. This is one book definitely worth the price.
on June 4, 2017
''This is my second time reading this book and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I love it when Ian and Daytona where at it! Lots of actin in and out of the bedroom.
on January 5, 2016
Toni had had a terrible childhood and so did Ian. Toni's friend, Sabrina, is stuck in a sanatorium so her uncle can keep all her money. Toni needs to get her out. In her efforts, she gets in a bad spot, but is saved by good vampires. She even gets a job with them where she meets Ian. She asks Ian to help her with Sabrina. Working together to help Sabrina they she begins falling for him, but she doesn't know if he is as well. This is an exciting story with fight scenes, evil vampires, magic, and romance. The characters are unique and complex.
on February 15, 2013
This review concerns the whole series.
I ve read better since then, but i have to say that when i started reading the series "Love at stake", i got completly caught up in it. The story is quite interesting, funny, coherent, very entertaining and moreish. The characters personalties and physics as well as the places, scenes and actions are all well described and easy to picture, espacially the sex scenes, which i particularly appreciated! LOL! And literally loved the kilts!
I haven't found any repetitions or spelling mistakes (not that i m an expert anyway) as i have in some other books.
Despite the emotional rollercoaster effect that the books had on me , i found a bit odd that some whatever hundred years old bad ass vampires who had all been single for all their life would all of a sudden all fall madly in love one after the other, just like that at first sight, and would commit to an eternal relationship with a mate after not even a week sometimes. But i guess it s part of the game! Yeah i liked it.
on January 3, 2016
A different take on a saturated genre. I enjoyed the characters and their flaws without too much whining but enough insecurities to identify with. I would definitely recommend this book.
on November 8, 2009
I know it's strange to try and find logic in reading a romance novel about vampires and other interesting wild animals, but I do expect a vampire romance to make some logical sense. Although an interesting read, it was also a frustrating read. This is the second book I've read by Ms. Sparks and, unfortunately, it's like a repeat of the first book. In the first few chapters of the book, Ian was depicted as immature and kept stumbling over his feet due to his rapid 12-day-growth spurt which made him 12 years older. Issue #1: Ian was almost 500 years old; Dougal came across as more mature. #2 Ian had his new body for well over a year, there should not have been any stumbling over feet. If anything, I could understand if he experienced a greater issue trying to fight and balance his sword because of his body change.

The fact that the Vamps hired Toni to guard them during the day is just ridiculous. I also felt she was untrustworthy. No matter how the author put a spin on it, Toni spoke and shared Vamp information too freely. The Vamps security as a whole was extremely amateur at best. The fact that they had a huge Christmas party after an explosion and ransacking of one of their townhomes was idiotic. The logic behind the "party must go on" attitude was that the Malcontents wouldn't try anything because there would be a lot of Vamps in attendance. I would say that's the perfect opportunity for another bomb!!!

Lastly, but not least, this book was too predictable. And I ABSOLUTELY hate the way she depicts Phineas as this 1970's jive talking black guy. Kerrelyn, black people do not go around high-fiving people as a greeting. Since Phineas was a drug dealer in his previous life, his greeting should have been described as a slight lifting of his chin.

Overall, the author has a good writing style, but her books are too fluff, fluff and doesn't do much in the make sense arena. However, there is humor in her books. So if you want a light vampire romance with humor and romance these are the books for you.
on September 1, 2015
Again, these are fantastic stories. The characters are complex and diverse and the stories are funny without being silly. I recommend the entire series .
on October 9, 2009
I recomend this book for all vampire romance lovers. This book isn't just page on page of smut, like some novels, #5 focuses on the actual relationship and the relatable problems of the characters. One searching for love, the other wanting love but it not no.1 on her list of things to do.

Since the first book I've been wanting Ian to have his shot at love. And I was glad it wasn't on a Vamp talk show/ dating competition. I could see the storyline potential from the start and here it is! Nice, believable, and constantly adorable characters. I'm a combination of Irish and Scottish and i love the accents. Even if they're written.

On the first pages it shows how Ian (now fully grown from a young teen) doesn't even know how to properly flirt. A very unique begining for a romance. Tie in a cool plot and good pacing and you get an excellent KS book.

On a personal note, having a character by the name of Brianna (my name) in the story made it a little weird but the humor, sense of danger, and possiblility of eternal love kept me reading till the end.
on April 21, 2017