- Paperback: 72 pages
- Publisher: Blurb (January 6, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781320369510
- ISBN-13: 978-1320369510
- ASIN: 1320369510
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 0.2 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 23 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,048,931 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
So You Want to Create Maps Using Drones? Paperback – January 6, 2016
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"This is a great book for anyone who is interested in learning how to use the emerging UAV technology to create maps, 3D models, or produce orthomosaic images. This terrific guide introduces you to the common industry terminology and the hardware and software needed to begin putting your investment to work.../...I will recommend it to anyone looking to learn more about the incredible capabilities of aerial imagery."
"Easily 5+ Stars. Mr. Calvo described this highly technical drone application and presented it in such a way that anyone can enjoy this book and and use it to help them become prepared for the Drone Revolution. The majority of my work is involved in educating the future small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS) (aka Drone) workforce to be able to compete for the hundreds of thousands of highly technical new jobs that the Drone Revolution is now creating and will create in the next decade. Any of my students would benefit from reading this book, and I am going to start recommending it to all of them. Well done Mr. Calvo - 2 Thumbs Up!"
"Field guides for photogrammetry are rare, and it's great that Mr. Calvo (you can't use his first name in an Amazon review!) has taken the time to put this book together. It's a good overview of photogrammetry using fixed-wing and multi rotor drones .../... recommend this book if you have been curious about photogrammetry and are looking for a way to get started."
From the Back Cover
What is inside this book?
- What is photogrammetry?
- Basics of mapping
- Aerial photography workflow
- Best ways to create a flight plan
- Camera basics for mapping
- How to turn drone-acquired 2D images into 3D
- Best ways to process your images
- Tips when flying over difficult terrain
- Best drones for mapping
- History of photogrammetry
- Case Studies: Drones as a 3D scanning tool
23 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 23 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
At best, and that is stretching things, it's a cursory survey. For that reasonI would NOT recommend this book to anyone seriously interested in aerial mapping, especially given the grossly over inflated price.
This book teaches readers:
1) about aerial photogrammetry (which benefits from a new generation of software for cameras placed on drones),
2) how to prepare a variety of flight plans, and gear up in a light or low cost way,
3) how to fly, photograph, and process images and stitch them together into maps, and also,
4) there is a helpful comparison of the best drones available for mapping purposes.
It provides the information to create your own drone-based map mosaics for areas and times of your choosing. It is a practical field guide for drone-flying novices and will enhance the skills of experienced enthusiasts. Every page has helpful diagrams or insightful photos.
If you actively use aerial maps in work or play, or could benefit from having personalized aerial maps for knowledge or comparison reasons in your life's pursuit, check out the toolbox of information in this book.