Wanted in Paradise Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- "Triumph after tragedy, is the focus of this great read. The story of loss and love between Jasmine and Romeo was beautifully written and had loads of twists and turns," - Nicki, The Overflowing Bookcase.
- "Full of emotional moments, and some scary edge of my seat moments there were several times that I couldn't put my kindle down because I was dying to know what was going to happen next," - Alisa, Sassy Southern Book Blog.
- "Wanted in Paradise, the perfect title for this book. It's a great read with a plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat and keep you turning the pages to see what happens next," - Pam, Love2ReadRomance.
- "If forbidden romances with sexy singers and the exotic enigma who pines after them longingly are your jam, this book will more than entertain you," - Kali's Book Reviews.
- "I love nothing more than being transported to a beautiful place whilst reading and that is exactly where this book takes you. It is so full of passion it makes your heart race and keeps you wanting more," - Joanne, Mrs C's Honest Book Reviews.
- "It was very action packed and kept me on the edge of my seat," - Stormi, Boundless Book Reviews.
- "If you're looking for a read that holds you by the heart and gut, takes you through the wringer to the point you yell at them to 'Just realize it already!' to an HEA then this book is for you." - Patti, A Romantic Journey Book Blog.
- "It kept me thoroughly engaged throughout the read. I loved this book and will definitely read more by this author," - Lainey, Fictional Book Boyfriends.
- "Their story is filled with drama and twists, and although their journey has a lot of ups and downs you knew that a love like theirs was meant to be," - Kari's Book Reviews and Revelations.
- "What hooked me was the suspense part of the story," - Amazeballs Book Addicts.
- "There is a bunch of surprises in store for the reader. Humor and heat, and even some tension to complete the book," - Book Kitty.
- "The descriptions of the characters were perfect and Ashenden did a really great job painting a picture of the villas and the setting of the Maldives," - Dani, Book Smugglers Den.
- "A wonderful beach read that I definitely recommend," - Sue's Romance Reviews.
- "I enjoyed the beautiful beach setting, the charismatic characters, and the fun storyline," - Charlotte, A Soccer Mom's Book Blog.
- "A great debut book by Kate, full of drama and forbidden love. Everything you'd like and expect from a summer of love read," - Jayne, Cupcakes and Bookshelves.
- Print length : 264 pages
- Publication date : November 25, 2018
- Word Wise : Enabled
- File size : 2751 KB
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B07KWH76RS
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,104,963 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The H calls up his on and off girlfriend again for sex 40% into the book and then appears to have have sex with her 60% into the book. The h sees them in an intimate moment outside his room and mentions that she is surprised to see the OW. He tells her she must have known that he was seeing her. Then when she asks about the OW later on, he brushes her off with saying he doesn’t want to talk about her. Then the OW topic doesn’t come up again. However he does ask her not to sleep with a certain OM in the book towards end of story. What a jerk.
This is not my idea of a romance and definitely not the actions of a H. I didn’t like either of the characters.
Not a recommend.
So, the start of the book was a bit confusing at first. We have Jasmine writing a letter to her cousin Reyna, talking about dating Diego and her friend (her Diego's brother) Romeo. It confused me for a minute because the blurb implied that it was Jasmine's and Romeo's story. However, the first chapter reveals things and the confusion was quickly forgotten.
Jasmine has been through a horrible experience when visiting her cousin in the Philippines. Her love for Romeo is known in the very beginning when she thinks he's in the room with her while she's recovering. However, this moment changed Jasmine. The way she viewed the world. The way she viewed her life. Struggling with PTSD, she tried to find her place in the world. Then she sees a news report about her ex boyfriend and her love interest's brother. She reached out to the man, both out of concern and wanting to offer comfort, but also wanting to see him again.
When she laid eyes on him for the first time after all years apart, she was almost stunned by the waves of euphoria and love that surged through her.
When Romeo offered her a job to help him with his benefit concert he was trying to get word out about, and the chance to heal, that's when things really change for her. She's back on an island and a beach. Jasmine had convinced herself it would help her heal. Though, in the back of her mind, she wanted the time with Romeo to see if there could be anything between them.
This is where the real story begins. The minute they board the plane to the Maledives. There was friction between Rupert, Romeo's publicist, and the staff helping with the concert. Romeo was captivating to watch work but then when they were alone together things got weird. Not in a bad way as in the writing, but as in Jasmine was wanting more and Romeo was avoiding it.
This book had me holding my breath several times as things started to go array with the concert site and someone trying to use Jasmine for their benefits. Then there was Rupert who was just plain nasty. I didn't like him from the start. Clive, project manager, was funny. A drunken disaster sometimes but funny.
There was a point that I had to set my tablet aside and walk away because the emotions were so intense. The ability to connect to these characters was easily done with the author's writing. I was able to visualize their surroundings (and longed to visit myself).
If you're looking for a read that holds you by the heart and gut, takes you through the wringer to the point you yell at them to "Just realize it already!" to an HEA then this book is for you. I loved every moment of this book and will be looking out for more books by this author.
This book had twists, romance and a love triangle.
Jasmine had a tough past and decided she needed a new direction in life.
Romeo was a forbidden love that Jasmine knew would never happen but that didn’t stop her heart, he was the one man she loved and could never have.
After years from Seeing Romeo (her ex boyfriends older brother) she ran into him by chance and after catching up he offered her a job with a charity project he was organising in the Maldives. Romeo was a huge international singer, adored by millions around the world but wanted to give back to society.
Romeo also loved Jasmine but would never cross that line because of his brother.
Jasmine found herself tangled with attention from Kamal- a sheikh of the Maldives and Romeo did not like it wanting Jasmine to stay away from his advances. Rupert - Romeos assistant was someone I wanted to strangle. He was mean, jealous and threatened by Jasmine and did everything possible to make her leave.
I loved this book and will definitely read more by this author.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Top reviews from other countries
If you fancy a good read & then this is the book for you