- File Size: 1724 KB
- Print Length: 154 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Forget Me Not Romances, a division of Winged Publications (October 9, 2016)
- Publication Date: October 9, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01M6220XV
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#58,921 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #249 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Historical
- #254 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Historical
- #382 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Religious
|Print List Price:||$6.97|
Save $5.98 (86%)
War of the Heart (A Snow Globe Christmas) Kindle Edition
|Length: 154 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Similar books to War of the Heart (A Snow Globe Christmas)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
For history lovers, and in particular readers who are fans of British mini series on television, this books is a feast chock full of historic details that bring 1940 London to life. Ms. Victoria has indeed proven she has the research skills necessary to pull off a story set so accurately and realistically over seventy years ago.
I highly recommend War of the Heart not only as a holiday read but as a treat to be savored any time of the year.
I do want to mention one aggravating thing, and this has to do with formatting. I noticed throughout the book that every time the author uses the words two or three in a sentence, she capitalizes it. EVERY TIME. At first, I thought it was typos, but all the way through the book, it's been a constant. She doesn't do this for any other numbers, like four, five, etc. It makes me do a double take every time because I think it's a new sentence, lol. Miss Jenna, if you are reading this, you might want to get your publisher to fix it. Some spiteful person might take off stars for that. :)
Transported back to England during the blitz, Louise and George must not only fit in to WW II England, but they must survive and try to find a way back to the current time.
This book has it all. Intrigue, history, romance, and Christmas. Will the mystery of the broach be solved? Will the family feud continue? And will Louise and George stay in 1940 England? You’ll want to read this book to find out! I highly recommend it.
Louise arrives at a particular bed & breakfast in London she’s been drawn to and discovers it’s double booked. The B&B’s manager, George Walker, finds a dusty room for her on an upper floor. As Louise unpacks the family heirloom snow globe she brought with her, she realizes George has one exactly like it.When the two snow globes inadvertently touch, both she and George are transported to London during Christmas week, 1940.
The author is masterful at weaving in historical details of the London blitz as well as British customs of that era. Louise and George must don period clothing and try to fit in on the streets of that bombed out city. If you’re a fan of authentic British characterization you’ll love this story. Along the way, they meet Brits with the proverbial stiff upper lip, as well as discovering London’s darker side and meeting miscreants.
This is an elegant historical romance with just the right amount of suspense. I highly recommend this story.
Messages of trusting in God, forgiveness, the savior’s birth, salvation, thankfulness (no matter the circumstances), the importance of family ties, and more are sprinkled throughout. A lively picture is painted even though the times are bleak, and the story encourages us with characters who find joy in the midst of heartbreak.
This story is memorable with an ode to back to the future, and more, my dear, Watson as George so playfully calls Louise. A happy ending is a delight for me, and my, how delightful this book is!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Historical
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Historical