- Paperback: 528 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (January 1, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1683366484
- ISBN-13: 978-1683366485
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 1.1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 70 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #378,764 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
War Paint: Madame Helena Rubinstein and Miss Elizabeth Arden: Their Lives, Their Times, Their Rivalry 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Also available to Amazon Students. Check for eligibility
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
* ". . . is exhaustingly, admirably researched . . . "―The New York Times Book Review section, February 15, 2004)
"The amount of research and meticulous personal data in [your] book is really quite remarkable and compelling. It provides a wealth of information from which to draw wonderfully three-dimensional characters and humanizes this iconic twosome."―Raquel Welch
"I have seldom enjoyed a book so much as WAR PAINT. The research is staggering - I loved all the detail about society and the arts in Paris, New York and London that so beautifully set our two heroines in context during such a long span of years - well done - it was a wonderful read. Thank you for so much enjoyment."―Lulu Guinness
About the Author
Lindy Woodhead has worked in fashion PR for more than thirty years. She worked in the music business before establishing her own PR agency in 1974. She has been on the board of Harvey Nichols and worked in television and advertising. She is married and lives in London.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Between the two of them, they were either friends or acquaintances of nearly every famous person alive throughout several decades,in all manner of fame. They knew kings and queens, movie stars, politicians, artists, musicians,and, of course, fashion and cosmetic designers. As they say, anyone who was anything, they knew. Very fascinating history.