& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- One new Hero per race, each possessing powerful spells and magical abilities
- A host of new units, each equipped with new abilities and spells, giving players the opportunity to create diverse strategic and tactical forms of combat
- Player-built shops, unique for each race, equipped with items carefully designed to improve and aid the units of every race
- Neutral Heroes, available for recruitment by all players, that can supplement and strengthen a player's army with all new spells and abilities
- Expanded multiplayer options over Battle.net including multiple new game types, clan and tournament support
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
One new Hero per race, each possessing powerful spells and magical abilities.
A host of new units, each equipped with new abilities and spells, giving players the opportunity to create diverse strategic and tactical forms of combat.
Player-built shops, unique for each race, equipped with items carefully designed to improve and aid the units of every race.
Neutral Heroes, available for recruitment by all players, that can supplement and strengthen a player's army with all new spells and abilities.
Expanded multiplayer options over Battle.net including multiple new game types, clan and tournament support.
Top Customer Reviews
Each race gets a new hero added to the ranks, as well as several new units. These new units enhance the races with great new abilities. Aside from these new units, there are also new items to be found in the game, as well as a few joke items that refer to other Blizzard classics, like Diablo II. New Creeps are also roaming around the game, waiting to be killed by your heroes!
The story continues, and this time it is explained from different perspectives. In fact, the Alliance campaign and the Dark Elf campaigns are like playing 2 more completely new races, which you will understand once you start playing. There are also a few hidden features, such as secret levels and other easter eggs that you will have to look hard to find. Blizzard definitely put alot of time into making a quality product. There is even a bonus downloadable Orc campaign. There are only 2 new cinematics, but most of the story is explained through good in-game cutscenes, with some excellent voice acting.
Orc fans will be sorely disappointed, as they are flat-out ignored in this expansion. The Orcs have absolutely no influence or bearing on the story at all, nor are they ever mentioned once in any campaign. The bonus campaign 'The Founding of Durotar', which details their settling and adjustment into their new lands in Kalimdor, is only one chapter with many, many sub-missions. Blizzard promises that they will release more chapters to the campaign for download in coming weeks, though it is not clear how many chapters there will be, or how long the wait will be between chapters.Read more ›
- my favorite new hero is the orc hero.... its like a powerfull voodoo witchdoctor..... most notable is his healing spell (which finally gives orcs a healing option for early game) which acts like chain lightning, but has a healing effect.
- spellcasters have been changed.... their attack type is now "magic attack"..... their armor type is now "unarmed". I won't get into the details of how the attack and armor works, because they are likely to be modified for final release.
- spellcasters now have inventory! a 2 slot inventory.
- ancients now have heavy armor when uprooted (makes ancient rushing a little harder i guess)
- all races can now build item shops with items unique to each civ. Most notible is that each civ's item shop gets a unique orb... orcs get orb of lightning ;D.... orbs arnt available until tier3 though and cost about 400gold on current beta.
- cyclone is now dispelable
- crypt fiends (and other undead units) can learn the burrow ability which lets them dig into the ground and act as a spy/regen health
- you can now buy transport BOATS (at goblin shipyards)... this should make for some interesting water maps hopefully.
- orc burrows can be upgraded to heavy burrows which have fortified armor instead of medium.
- when units are following a hero, they mimic the heros actions.. i.e.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The game that revolutionized the way we play network RPG games.. still hooked to this ever wonderful game!Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
This was my absolute favorite game for probably a year when I was in high school (around 11 or 12 years ago now lol). Played through the campaign and then played online. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
my husband said they work so perfect for keeping the dust down while doing his wood sculpting hes very please .Published 8 months ago by Janis A. Mysinger