From the Manufacturer
It is the distant future and the Imperium of Man has spread across the entire galaxy. But our days of expansion are long past. Once, when the Emperor of Man led us in battle, we were unstoppable, but no longer. The Emperor has withdrawn to Earth to rule from his Golden Throne, leaving us to fight a thousand wars of attrition in his name where our defenders die by the billions. We have little hope for support from Earth and we are losing the battle for human survival. Our only chance lies with the Space Marines, genetically modified warriors of superhuman ability and the pinnacle of human potential. But the Space Marines are few, the galaxy is large and our enemies are countless. The situation is most dire in Sub-Sector Aurelia. It is from this cluster of worlds on the very edge of the Imperium that came the Blood Ravens, a chapter of the Emperor's own Space Marines. Now savage aliens seek to overrun the sector, and break the Blood Ravens once and for all. Captain Davian Thule and a handful of Space Marines lead the raw recruits defending these worlds. Yet, another Space Marine prepares to join this desperate battle, a newly promoted Commander, ready to lead in our darkest hour. You are this Space Marine.
|Space Marines |
Genetically modified warriors of superhuman ability, Space Marines are the pinnacle of human potential, but there are fewer and fewer left in an expansive galaxy full of enemies.
|The Eldar |
Deadly warriors, The Eldar are masters of psychic power and sophisticated technology. One-time masters of the galaxy, but now few in number they would sacrifice billions of humans to save a handful of their own.
|The Ork Menace |
Savage and bloodthirsty, barbaric and brutal, Orks infest the galaxy from end to end. These aliens are brutal combatants and an uprising in their ranks that can topple entire systems if not stamped out quickly.
|The Tyranids |
From beyond the edge of the galaxy and guided by a communal hive intelligence, the Tyranids exist solely to strip the universe bare to feed their endless appetites. They are without number, without fear and without mercy.
Key Game Features:
- Simplified Entry Point - Whether you're new to the genre or a seasoned veteran, Dawn of War II gets you into the action quickly and easily. Learn the game at your own pace and get ready to save the galaxy.
- Brutal Frontline Action & Tactics - Get straight into the action and experience intense melee & devastating ranged combat. Use vicious melee sync-kills to obliterate your enemies. Outsmart your opponents - using dynamic and destructible environments to suppress, flank and destroy your foes.
- Epic Single Player Campaign - Command an elite strike force, developing the skills and abilities of your squads and commander as you progress through the game.
- Persistent Long-Term Goals - Customize your Space Marines with persistent leveling and unlockable special abilities. Equip them with the hundreds of unique weapons and items you earn through mission rewards and battlefield drops.
- Co-Op Multiplayer - Play through the entire single player campaign co-operatively with a friend, at any point in the game, anytime.
- Next Generation RTS Engine - Utilizing Relic's proprietary Essence Engine 2.0 to deliver cinematic visuals, detailed graphics & special effects.
Dawn of War II is split between campaign-based gameplay playable as a Space Marine, supporting singleplayer and co-op action, and skirmish gameplay in which players can play as any of the four playable factions in singleplayer or multiplayer battles. In the case of these multiplayer conflicts, gameplay and matchmaking is supported via the Games for Windows LIVE gaming service. In addition, unlike previous Dawn of War games or expansions, Dawn of War II features an increased and more realistic acknowledgment of the importance of cover. To that end players will notice that some environments in-game are now fully or partly destructible by certain units in their arsenal, adding to the battlefield carnage and the need for players to plan their strategy and choose their playable units and battlefields wisely.
|Minimum Specifications:||Recommended Specifications:|
|OS:||Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or Windows XP Service Pack 2|
|Processor:||P4 3.2 GHz (single core) or any Dual Core processor||AMD Athlon 64×2 4400+ or any Intel Core 2 Duo|
|RAM:||1.0 GB (Windows XP) 1.5 GB (Windows Vista)||2.0 GB (Windows XP and Vista)|
|Video Card:||128 MB Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT / 128 MB ATI X1600, or equivalent||256 MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT / 256 MB ATI X1900, or equivalent|
|Sound Card:||100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card|
|Hard Drive Space:||5.5 GB of free space|
|Other:||Internet connection required for multiplayer|
Steam account required for game activation and installation