+ $3.99 shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's war efforts,
- Based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world. Dominated by force of arms and magic, this world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.
- Join one of six Armies and fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or the Armies of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos). Wage war across three unique battlefronts.
- Next generation Realm vs. Realm game system integrating both PvP combat and PvE quests on the same map in support of the greater war.
- Engage in four levels of RvR combat
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
EA Mythic is proud to present the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Collector's Edition, a limited-run, premium version of the game for true Warhammer fans. It is the perfect addition to any Warhammer collection and can be proudly displayed alongside your army of miniatures. This special oversized box contains unique collectibles and exciting in-game content to help you get the most out of your journeys through the battlefields of the Age of Reckoning. The Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Collector's Edition includes:
War is everywhere in Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (WAR), the new MMORPG from the creators of Dark Age of Camelot. Based on Games Workshops popular Warhammer fantasy war game, WAR features next generation Realm vs. Realm (RvR) game play that will immerse players in a world of perpetual conflict for years to come.
Upon entering WAR, players must determine their allegiance and join an army. Those inclined towards the side of good may fight for the Realm of Order as an obstinate Dwarf, noble High Elf, or loyal human soldier of the Empire. Those inclined towards darker deeds may side with the sinister Realm of Destruction as a savage Greenskin (Orc o r Goblin), corrupt Dark Elf, or marauding human worshiper of Chaos. RvR combat takes place on three fronts where ancient foes wage an unending war Dwarfs vs. Greenskins, High Elf vs. Dark Elf, and Empire vs. Chaos. Players begin the game fighting their ancestral enemy, but are free to journey to other fronts to help their allies in their ongoing struggles.The ultimate goal in RvR combat is the sacking of the enemys capital city. To do this, an army must invade and take control of the oppositions homeland. Deciding battles take place in the persistent game world on objective-based battlefields and around fortified keeps that must be taken or defended, as well as in instanced Scenarios that contribute to zone control. A New Way to Quest
For the first time, players can engage in Public Quests; these community driven Player vs. Environment (PvE) quests help to advance the games story and allow all allied players within a certain location to participate in an ongoing, multi-stage battle. This is an example of how every aspect of the game, including PvE content, is geared towards the greater war in some important way. Players are not required to participate in Player vs. Player (PvP) combat, and may aid in the RvR war effort and enjoy the game in its entirety via PvE content.Key Features
- Dominated by force of arms and magic, Games Workshops popular Warhammer fantasy world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.
- Join one of six armies and fight for the Realms of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos).
- Never fight alone thanks to a next generation Realm vs. Realm (RvR) game system. With an army of allied players at your back, you will defend your homeland, invade enemy realms, and ultimately join the siege of your opposing Realms capital city. Different types of RvR combat include:
- Open World RvR: Participate in melee skirmishes, objective-based battles and keep sieges.
- Scenarios: Join instanced battles with up to 24 players per side for multi-player combat action, including Capture the Flag, Murder Ball, and more.
- Capital City Siege: Take part in an ongoing campaign to invade an enemys land and sack their capital city.
- Journey to the frontlines and undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an armys ongoing war efforts, including the new Public Quests: multi-staged, communal quests to be completed by allied players fighting together against overwhelming odds.
- Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, new abilities and rewards, and major story plot lines.
- A robust combat system allows players to customize their characters combat abilities with Career Masteries, Tactics, and Morale Skills.
- Explore ma ssive Living Cities that become more or less prosperous based on a Realms overall performance in the ongoing war. Navigate a maze of twisting streets, visit the local tavern, explore a dark undercity, and meet colorful personalities in a city full of adventure.
- Exclusive Games Workshop Miniature - Greenskin Warboss, Grumlok, and his shaman, Gazbag.
- The original graphic novel "Warhammer Online: Prelude To War," by acclaimed Games Workshop writ er Graham McNeill, and illustrated by Chad Hardin, Joe Abraham, Rahsan Ekedal, Tony Parker, and Kevin Hopgood.
- "The Art Of Warhammer Online" - A Stunning Collection of art that gave birth to the Age of Reckoning
- Bonus in-game item The Librams of Insight. (XP-gain modifier good for 60 minutes, 3 uses, 90 minute reuse timer)
- Twelve additional quests in the Tome of Knowledge, each offering an exciting reward, as well as an unique character title.
- Bonus in-game content Twelve character heads (with male and female versions)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Shipping: As expected
Amazon handling: As expected
I bought this game several years ago for my wife and I to play. We were looking for something similar to Wow. While it was kinda there we always found ourself going back. The purchasing experinece from Amazon is what you would expect. Thanks for the experience and time.
Warhammer Online's artwork was gorgeous, but the gameplay itself was a bit boxy because of the lag and the demand on my PC. I would have continued to play it, none the less, if my friends hadn't decided to quit the game long before I was ready.
The unique head, trinket and a couple titles are well worth the money spent.
WARhammer Online started out as every rvr/pvp'ers dream MMO until time constraints and bad descisions destroyed what could easily be the greatest RvR game since DAoC.
That said - the lure of WAR is in it's lore and more so, it can be very casual - jump into the lakes, find a warband and off you go! NO need to schedule raid times or have 24 folks online to accomplish anything.
Although down to 1 US and 1 UK server - there typically is still action in all Tiers.
I have been actively playing sice Beta - and yes, I do have my 4 year mailbox gift to show for it.
After five wonderful years, the WAR came to an end on December 18th, 2013.
Thank you to all of the players and fans for your loyalty, your dedication, and most of all your WAAAAGHS!