Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 28, 2017
After reading the reviews of all different models, some costing more and some costing less, I settled on this one. I have to admit I also went to a local store and saw each of the machines in person to examine the quality. And I'm glad I picked it. It is a NICE machine.
The motor seems plenty powerful and the entire unit assembles and disassembles easily.
My only complaint, and this is very minor.... with the machine properly assembled, sometimes some of the pulp manages to splash out of the machine and collect on the front of the unit. It is a very small amount, but I'm surprised the seal isn't perfect.
But if you're thinking about a juicer, I would say definitely get this one. I feel it is better than the other juicers where you have to buy an additional citrus attachment or paper filters.
on May 21, 2017
This juicer did juice, but there wasn't very much juice made. There was a lot of wet pulp, which is a waste. I'm giving it 3 stars, because the veggies, and fruit with more water, juiced well, but the ones that didn't there wasn't much return. Also it's kind of hard to clean. There are some nooks and crannies that could potentially grow bacteria, if they are overlooked, which is quite easy to do. The noise wasn't too loud, but I haven't had another juicer to compare it too. I wouldn't but this again. If you are looking to juice veggies, and fruit that have more juice to give, then this would be a juicer to consider, but if you really want to make quality juice with other veggies, and fruit, don't purchase this. The price is good, but with a lot of things that are cheaper in price, there also is a lack of quality.
on May 30, 2014
Wanted to try juicing, but didn't want to spend a lot of money and find it to be a passing fancy, so after reading the reviews, settled on this model. I've used it daily for a week and I am very happy with it. If I had to mention any drawbacks, it would be that I feel the pulp catcher fills quickly. If you are making juice for more than 1 person, it will have to be emptied mid way through. The pulp is not as dry as it could be. Cleaning is pretty simple, not too crazy about the brush that comes with the unit to clean the basket, I use a soft toothbrush with better results. If you are mixing fruits and using bananas, put the bananas through first as the basket won't allow the banana mush through once your other fruit pulps are seated in the basket strainer. What a tasty way to get fruits and vegetables !
on April 25, 2014
This was the first juicer I ever bought and it came at a great discounted price (40$ from 100$) so I thought why not! I had it for a few days and found it a real pain to use. It is not really efficient... the pulp would have large chunks of whole fruit in it and also pools of liquid in the collection area. I tried sending pulp through more than once but it wouldn't really produce much more juice, so I would squeeze it through a sieve. Overall it was a lot of work for a low efficiency. When you have to do so many steps and processes to getting your juice, it doesn't really make it worth it. Plus, it would get really messy!

The collection of the pulp is a ring shaped space that goes along the side of the tube, so is awkward to retrieve pulp from without making a mess. Also, the actual blade and sieve piece inside is quite fine and hard to clean. I returned this after a few days and invested 200$ in an Omega masticating juicer and I love it! The pulp is practically dry, so you're getting your money's worth in your produce purchases and the juicer itself!
on December 28, 2012
first off, I wanted to turn many other's review "negative" into a positive. :)

Many said that after juicing, they noticed there was a considerable amount of Juice left in the pulp, an although I completely agree, I found a quick and easy (and tasty) solution to using the pulp rather than just wasting it/throwing i away. Take that pulp out, add sugar if desired (still sweet enough without it but it depends on your taste) and maybe supplement with a little bit store-bought juice or milk an presto: you have homemade whole-fruit Popsicles! Just pour it into a Popsicle mold or a small Tupperware with a Popsicle stick. Tastes SO good and gets my kid to consume a ton more fruits an veggies than before. I LOVE my juicer!

Pros:
-easy to clean, I literally only have to use the spray nozzle on my kitchen sink and it's free of pulp and juice within seconds. I'm not sure yet if the parts are dishwasher safe but it wouldn't matter, it's a breeze to clean.
-nice looking, I was worried about a big appliance on my counter but its actually very nice looking, modern design, and I'm proud to keep it out as I use it every day.
-juices veggies like carrots and celery -I wasn't sure such a low priced juicer would handle these tough textures well but it just powers through them! I think in the manual it only suggests you don't use wheat or lemon grasses. Not sure why yet but I'll live.
-for people complaining that its loud, I honestly don't know what they expected. Lol. It's not like a wind turbine or anything. Think: blender.

The only negative I noticed was that it seemed to take a lot of produce to make a full cup, but it's my first juicer and experienced juicers tell me this is normal. I mean it makes sense, the benefit to juicing is getting the nutrients of 20 fruits and veggies in one batch! And if you use my tip of using the pulp rather than tossing it (you can also add it to oatmeal!) then you're sure to get ALL of the nutrients in a more fun, easy to costume manner that tastes fantastic. :)
on November 7, 2010
So, this is my first juicer purchase. I can't compare the Waring to other juicers, but it worked perfectly and is competitively priced.

Out of the box impressions: It was about 25% larger than I expected (picture posted to compare to single-serving Keurig coffee-maker). Assembly was easy. The directions were simple and clear, and, fortunately, provide you step-by-step instructions on use (not just assembly, disassembly, and cleaning), including how to feed common items into the machine. The instruction booklet also contains some sample recipes, which is nice, as the internet juice recipe sites are ad-riddled and/or written by people a bit more into that juice/detox lifestyle than I'm looking to commit to, and I wasn't sure where to begin. Great-looking piece of equipment, as expected and pictured.

First use impressions: Very easy to use. Similar in sound and time to a garbage disposal. I didn't notice any oily smell--just juice. I got one teeny-tiny bit of blowback from a cucumber before I got the feed tube over it. I got a full 16 ounces of juice from 4 carrots, 3 celery heart stalks, 1 fuji apple, and a third of a medium-sized cucumber. Clean up is reasonably easy (there is a lot of pulp in the collector, which is kind of gross); all the parts in contact with the food and juice that require cleaning are machine-washable, but they will take up more than half of the top rack of a standard dishwasher (also pictured).

First taste impressions: I expected disaster on my first attempt (4 carrots, 3 celery heart stalks, 1 fuji apple, 1/3 cucumber). With a squirt of lemon juice, it was actually somewhere between okay and good. I'll cut back on the celery next time, and probably just make half as much.

Bottom line: From start (cutting up and cleaning produce) to finish (all parts rinsed and in dishwasher), it took me about 20 minutes. With regular use, I expect that time would be cut in half. If you're like me, and want to experiment with making juice a couple of days a week, I doubt you could do better for price and performance. You'll probably even be pretty happy with the end product. Clean up isn't an excusable deterrent either. This juicer offers a do-able way to try adding juice to your diet without a tremendous front-end investment.
review image review image review image
on June 22, 2015
This was our first juicer and we didn't want to spend 200+ for something we weren't sure we were going to like. I think we spend a tad over 50 clams for this unit. So far, we've used it about 1/2 dozen times or so. I enjoy the juice from the various vegetables we've juiced. Here are some interesting factoids I've found out about vegetable juicing. Soft veggies don't work very well, such as Kale or Spinach or leafy-type veggies. Hard vegetables like carrots and celery work great. Cucumbers work good too, but you have to go through a lot of cukes for not so much juice, although it tastes the best. After almost 2 months, I pretty much just stick with celery, carrots and cucumbers and I juice alternate weekends. On the positive side of things, this juicer has contributed to our mostly vegetarian diet, which I've been on for over a month. Whether or not we get into a serious juicer in the future is unknown, but for now this was a small investment at exploring the juicing option. I want to list some pros and cons.

Pros:
Easy to take apart.
Easy cleanup
Easy to reassemble
Low cost (around 50 or so)

Cons:
Doesn't work well with soft veggies.
Seems to waste a lot of pulp.
Insertion hole is too small for certain vegetables, which may need to be sliced into thinner slices.
on May 9, 2014
I rated this product a five star because I think it's a great value. This juicer is inexpensive compared to the very pricey models and yet yields the same result. I learned about it from a family member who also purchased it. I didn't mind spending $50 or even $100 for a juicer because if I didn't use it and it collected dust, I wouldn't be upset with myself. However, it's so simple to use and clean that I actually find myself using it more than I expected. Juicing, in general, is somewhat time consuming as you need to prep all of your ingredients. But the health benefits you receive from it are well worth the time.

I would say the only negative to this juicer would be that the bin for the scraps that remain is somewhat small. I've found I probably should have emptied it at least one and continued juicing to really receive the full affect.
on August 27, 2013
I have a 7 year old Jack Power Juicer I've been very pleased with. The only issue is that after 7 years of use and storage, it is starting to look rather worn. So I decided to update my juicer. This Waring Pro juicer is nice looking, but that's where the positives end with me. I found I was getting 30% less juice than my Jack Power Juicer. I squeezed the pulp left in this juicer's pulp collector and there was a considerable amount of juice still in the pulp. I occasionally found chunks of fruits and vegetables that were not even processed. I did follow the juicing instructions, making sure not to overload the juicer and to clean the strainer and pulp collector with bigger yields. My results were even worse with pomegranates. I made pomegranates jelly this past weekend and was very disappointed with this Waring Pro juicer. With my older Power Juicer, I get 3 1/2 cups of juice for every 4 cups of pomegranates seeds. I got 3 1/2 cups of juice out of 10 cups of seeds using this Waring juicer. That's about 5-6 jars of jelly lost. I am going to send this juicer back and spend a little more money and get a better juicer. In the long run, it will be worth the cost.
on March 2, 2017
I have been using this juicer for years! It may not be the most hightech, but it is so easy to use and to clean... and for me, this has resulted in my juicing often. I tried a fancy expensive juicer that was hard to clean and I never juiced! But with this, I juice 3x a week and love how easy it is to clean.