Waring Pro MG855 Professional Die-Cast Metal Housing Meat Grinder, Brushed Stainless Steel
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Extra large die-cast hopper
- On/off switch with reverse function
- Heavy-duty 350 peak watts motor
- Three Cutting Plates: Fine, Medium, Coarse
- Includes 2 sausage attachments
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Fresh ground sausages, pates, meats for chili, and fish for soups can all be prepared at home with this professional quality meat grinder. Solid and sturdy, the beautiful brushed stainless-steel housing should last a lifetime. An extra-large, die-cast hopper holds a generous amount of cubed or sliced meat, which is then fed into the grinder tube with a long plastic pusher. Three metal cutting plates are included: fine, for spreads, pates, hamburger, and baby food; medium, for soup-related textures; and coarse, for ground meat used in chili. Fish and vegetables can also be ground with the appliance. Stored inside the pusher are two sausage attachments, which allow meats and spices to be combined for thin or plump sausages (recipes for Cajun, Italian, venison and other sausages are included in the user guide). Covered by a five-year warranty, the 450-watt motor works effortlessly and operates with a simple on/off/reverse switch. All parts should be washed by hand.
Top Customer Reviews
The outside of the box states that it has a 1000 peak (input) watts, motor. However the sticker on the bottom of the unit says 350 watts. So I am not sure exactly how powerful this unit is but it *looks* like it means business. :)
I chose this grinder over the MG800 due to the fact it was a newer updated version with a more powerful motor and less expensive.
*UPDATE* I have run 15 lbs of Top Round through this Grinder, using the smallest grinding plate. The Grinder ran effortlessly, It did not jam or have any problems. Clean up was very easy. Make sure to oil the cutting blade and plate as soon as you clean it to prevent rust. I am looking forward to years of the freshest hamburger meat possible. After I run a few hundred pounds of meat through the grinder I will come back and update my impression of this machine.
1. when used correctly grinds very efficiently and reasonably quickly. I have gone through 20lbs of hamburger and 16 lbs of sausage so far. Keeping the meat very cold the machine operates quickly.
2. Easy to use and assemble and very easy to take apart and clean.
3. Attractive and shiney. You can't underestimate the power of shiney metal in a product for astetics!
4. High review is because over all this grinder functions very well and efficiently. It does what I need a grinder to do without undo stress on my hands. The instructions were easy to follow.
1. The plastic piece used to push/feed meat into it is black plastic with a cap on it. The cap comes off so you can store plates and pieces inside. While this is great for storage I find it annoying to have the cap keep coming off under my hand when I am using the "pusher". I may have someone cut me a wooden piece to use for this purpose.
2. Like most machines that are not crazy expensive not all of the metal pieces ARE stainless steel. This means that you must wash the blade piece and grinding plates and completely dry them immediatly. Then you coat everything with mineral oil to prevent rust. I wish I didn't have to be this careful. If the pieces do rust you can clean them with steel wool. I was, however, aware of this when I purchased the machine due to the product details.
3. Again like most feedback I have seen on grinders this machine is very noisey. Since it needs to run a fair amount of time that can get annoying. This was, however, something I expected due to all the research on electric grinders.
Some general advice for folks using this machine: Work clean and cold. Not only does putting your meat chunks into the freezer for 1-2 hours promote food safety but it makes a huge difference in the ease of feeding the meat through the grinder. When I let the meat warm I find the grinder does not like to quickly cut through the meat and the fat strands tend to get caught up in the blade more. However, very cold meat/fat feeds through very fast. Read the instructions through at least once (or more) and you will find a lot of tips about cleaning and operating the machine that work very well. It also helps to be sure you are assembling everything correctly.