Top positive review
Good grinder for the money
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on June 21, 2012
I am pretty happy with my new meat grinder.
1. when used correctly grinds very efficiently and reasonably quickly. I have gone through 20lbs of hamburger and 16 lbs of sausage so far. Keeping the meat very cold the machine operates quickly.
2. Easy to use and assemble and very easy to take apart and clean.
3. Attractive and shiney. You can't underestimate the power of shiney metal in a product for astetics!
4. High review is because over all this grinder functions very well and efficiently. It does what I need a grinder to do without undo stress on my hands. The instructions were easy to follow.
1. The plastic piece used to push/feed meat into it is black plastic with a cap on it. The cap comes off so you can store plates and pieces inside. While this is great for storage I find it annoying to have the cap keep coming off under my hand when I am using the "pusher". I may have someone cut me a wooden piece to use for this purpose.
2. Like most machines that are not crazy expensive not all of the metal pieces ARE stainless steel. This means that you must wash the blade piece and grinding plates and completely dry them immediatly. Then you coat everything with mineral oil to prevent rust. I wish I didn't have to be this careful. If the pieces do rust you can clean them with steel wool. I was, however, aware of this when I purchased the machine due to the product details.
3. Again like most feedback I have seen on grinders this machine is very noisey. Since it needs to run a fair amount of time that can get annoying. This was, however, something I expected due to all the research on electric grinders.
Some general advice for folks using this machine: Work clean and cold. Not only does putting your meat chunks into the freezer for 1-2 hours promote food safety but it makes a huge difference in the ease of feeding the meat through the grinder. When I let the meat warm I find the grinder does not like to quickly cut through the meat and the fat strands tend to get caught up in the blade more. However, very cold meat/fat feeds through very fast. Read the instructions through at least once (or more) and you will find a lot of tips about cleaning and operating the machine that work very well. It also helps to be sure you are assembling everything correctly.