Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Waring RO18 Professional 18-Quart Oven Roaster, Brushed Stainless
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on September 3, 2008
I was looking for a product to cook 14 pork shoulder roasts for large event. I usually cook the roasts in a crock pot, but knew that to cook this many would take forever; besides the fact that many of them were too large to fit in a large crock pot. After some research, I found the Waring Pro RO18 and ordered 3 of them. I could put 2 roasts in each roaster. They did the job beautifully. I cooked, shredded, and froze the meat in ziplock bags. Then later used the roasters to serve it with BBQ sauce. I plan to use these roasters for years to come, cooking for my large family and friends. They do get hot on the outside, much like an oven, so be sure to set them on a heat-resistance surface.
on April 17, 2013
Love this thing. I used it for roasting a bird but I mostly use it for keeping BBQ meat warm at parties. If you put it on low, it won't dry out the meat. It keeps things perfectly warmed. Cleaning it is very easy and even the baked on stuff comes off easily. It is very large and takes up some serving table space but definitely worth it.
on December 2, 2007
While the oven is advertised as capable of roasting a 20-lb. turkey, I had to cut off the breastbone to get the lid to close enough to roast the bird. Otherwise, the oven worked well.
on April 4, 2011
While I usually use the oven for most things that I use the roaster for, it does have some benefits over the oven.

For the basics, it's a solid performer in what it does. The description of the product is accurate, and I think it's a great bonus if you need more "oven space" on occasion. The removable insert (that you cook in) is awesome as it makes clean up much easier.

On top of that, if you do things like: roasting vegetables (say, for chicken pot pies), or want to slow roast ribs, this works much better (in my opinion) than the oven. I've even used it to make my Thanksgiving turkeys (leaving my oven free for other stuff). When I'm entertaining on the patio and have a lot of something that I want to cook or keep warm, this fits the bill perfectly. It also has more "floor space" than my largest crock pot, so meatballs don't need to be stacked before cooking.
on July 9, 2010
We have to have NSF roasters for Health Department codes and this was the only one we could find. It is the second one we have had and they both work the same way. They heat up way too hot on the sides and you have to really watch things so they don't burn or scorch. We would purchase something different if it wasn't for codes.