Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Waring Pro Stainless Steel single Belgian Waffle Maker WWM450PC
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Transparent Transparent Transparent  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition GNO Shop Now STEM

on November 22, 2010
I bought this waffle maker and could not be happier. It heats up quickly, and cooks evenly right out to the edges. It is also extremely easy to clean. The corners of the base are rounded, and there aren't any cracks or crevices for batter to get stuck in. Somebody was really thinking when they designed this one. The non-stick surfaces are really slippery. I like blueberry waffles, and the blueberries always burned and stuck like glue to my previous waffle maker, not this one! I don't understand the poor reviews. It makes one delicious, toasty waffle. Waffle makers have two sides, that doesn't mean they make two waffles. The sides close on one another and form a waffle. It ain't rocket science! Buy this if you like waffles. You will be happy. I'm going to go make some waffles now.
44 comments| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2010
As the previous reviewer stated, this is a single waffle maker, not a double. I think whoever typed in the title just made a mistake. Regardless...

I could not be happier with this waffle maker. I turn it on and it's ready to go before I finish mixing my batter. It is really easy. The waffle is about 7.5 inches in diameter. The griddles are non-stick and I can grab the waffle out with my fingers (probably not the smartest option) without oiling the griddle. The whole waffle comes out with nothing to clean. I know I will never buy frozen waffles from the grocery again.

I am kind of a health nut (I really got this for my kids), so typically, waffles are not in my diet. So, I make my batter with Bob's Red Mill, organic, high fiber pancake and waffle mix. I use egg whites instead of whole eggs and I use unsweetened almond milk instead of cow's milk (although, water might be healthier). I spread honey instead of pancake syrup and then sprinkle cinnamon on top. The waffles are amazing.

Again, this is not a double waffle maker. But, the waffle is ready in a minute or two. Why do you need to make two at once? If you do, this is not for you.

Anyhow.... the rest of my waffle is getting cold.

(I'll send an email to Amazon to adjust the title.)
on March 13, 2012
I did not actually purchase this waffle maker from Amazon, but from Costco. I don't really write reviews for items that I did not purchase on Amazon but I have to say that this waffle maker is second to none. I have had several waffle makers over the years and most of them worked okay but took a while to heat up and were difficult to get consistent results. Now I'm sure that this waffle maker is not the only one in existence that works as well as it does but I am here to tell you that it works wonderfully. As other reviewers have stated, you plug it in and turn on and start making the batter and it is ready to use before you have the better made. It also comes with a small measuring cup used to regulate the amount of batter that you pour into the waffle iron. As soon as you pour in the batter you turn the handle to flip the iron over ensuring that the waffle is done to perfection on both sides. In about a minute and a half to two minutes you will hear a couple of beeps. At that point turn the handle again and open the iron and there you have a perfectly done Belgian waffle that practically falls in your hand. It is a beautifully simple machine, easy-to-use and does exactly what it was designed to do exceedingly well. If you like Belgian waffles and don't want to spend a couple of hundred dollars, this is the machine for you.
on February 17, 2012
I love this waffle maker! I previously purchased the Presto Flip waffle maker due to the numerous positive reviews and the lower price. However, I found the waffles too thick for my liking. I found out that my favorite local crepe place uses a Waring Pro waffle maker very similar to this model (if not the exact same model) so I had to have it for myself! The waffles I've been making are so delicious, just like the waffles I get at the restaurant :) It took some experimenting to get the heat settings just right for the batter I was using so that the waffle is nice and crispy on the outside but I finally found a happy place at 4.5. I love my waffle maker and enjoy sharing the waffles with my roommates. I actually found myself bragging to people about how I just bought this awesome waffle maker that is the same one that the crepe place uses. I said that if I made just 10 waffles the machine would have paid for itself and it has :D

It's easy to use, easy to clean, and produces great waffles. I would highly recommend this waffle maker to everyone!
review image
on December 22, 2010
I just bought this Belgian Waffle maker and it is amazingly simple to use. I used a pre-packaged waffle mix, added a little vanilla extract, turned the dial to 5 and they turned out perfectly. Plus, unlike other models I have used at hotel buffets, the waffles are done in about two minutes. I will be using this for brunch on Christmas morning for a group of 30. Know they will love using it.
on February 14, 2013
This was purchased as a gift for my mother. I researched multiple sites and manufacturers for a waffle maker. I did not want a flimsy plastic multipurpose (read does many things, none well) maker. I wanted a sturdy, quality made waffle maker that would not be an eye sore on the counter. I needed something that was easy to use, easy to clean and would last. This product is all of that. Cleaning is a breeze, it does not stick and many times, all that is required is wiping it out. It distributes heat evenly and performs flawlessly. My mother loves it and usually leaves it on the counter as the quality of construction is such that the stainless steel matches well with a very high end refrigerator/oven pair. I will likely search for other products by Waring in the future as the feel, form and function more than met my expectations (and would have had it been more expensive.) Great product. Also makes a great gift (and who doesn't like waffles?)
on June 21, 2011
This is a wonderful waffle maker. Heats up quickly and super easy to use. Basically fool-proof when making waffles. Absolutely non-stick.
on October 30, 2011
Judging from the other reviews of this item, I'm speculating that the one I purchased is defective. My kids were very excited to try this out this morning for the first time and major disappointment was abound. In a couple of cases, the waffles took over 5 minutes to cook and there were no beeps to indicate that they were done. So they came out undercooked. In another case we let the waffle maker go, waiting for three beeps just like the manual said. After 10 minutes the beeps never came and we had a very overcooked waffle. This waffle maker is going back and we will try another one. Hoping to get better results next time.
on September 24, 2012
This is a great waffle maker! It produces perfectly cooked waffles consistently and quickly. The Belgian-style waffle is nice and thick, so you can produce a nice cripsy crunch on the outside and a creamy center if you like. Or, if you prefer a softer waffle, a quick twist of the dial is all it takes.

The whole contraption is pretty big, check out the dimensions if storage space is an issue for you.

It came with a little measuring cup for pouring out the right amount of batter, which is a nice touch.

This thing cooks the waffles quickly, too. I am able to turn out four waffles fast enough to serve them all together, without having to mess with a low oven to keep them warm.

My family loves waffle mornings, so when our last iron burned out, we upgraded a level to this Waring Pro model. Our last Waring lasted seven or eight years, and we used that thing at least every other weekend.

This model flips, to cook the waffle evenly, and it works like a charm. Plus, the kids love to flip it. It's the little things that make my little knuckleheads happy, so that's a plus for me.

Oh, if you are downgrading from a $1000 commercial waffle maker, I'm sure you'll find fault with this model and write about it because you lack common sense and should probably be flogged with an angry, wet poodle.

This is a residential, light-use waffle iron that makes great waffles on the weekends. If you need to make hundreds of waffles a day, get a $1000 commercial waffle maker. If you want to impress your friends and family on Sunday morning with piping hot Belgian Waffles, freshly made whipped cream and loads of fresh berries... get this waffle maker and you won't be disappointed... or flogged with a poodle.
on November 15, 2015
This is a high quality, easy to use appliance that delivers perfect waffles every time! The unit heats up quickly, and the 6 beeps lets you know the unit is ready to go. 3 beeps lets you know the waffle is cooked to perfection. The dial lets you hone in on the perfect timing for waffles, whether you like them chewier or crispier. The secret is making the batter at the right consistency and putting in the perfect amount so it doesn't flow over the side. You don't want the batter runny; a consistency more like cooked oatmeal works best, and I start pouring in a circular motion from the center to the edge just barely covering the bottom plate to avoid overruns. I've had this unit for 3 years and use it about 60-70 times per year, and it's still running strong to include the durable nonstick surface. I used this to cook waffles in my classroom, and it made 25 waffles in about 35 minutes, feeding the entire class with time to spare. You can easily feed a breakfast crowd up to 10 people with no problems. I wouldn't advise the double sided waffle maker unless you are feeding more than 10 consistently. This is one of the most used appliances in my home! Recommended! If you found this review helpful, please vote!