Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on January 22, 2013
Easy to use as directed. Make sure to tie turkey as directions say so it will turn correctly. Doesn't use nearly as much oil as outside fryers, and easy clean up. I personally would use this outside under cover just because it does leave that famous fry smell and I'm not that fond of it lingering. Turkey came out awesome and can't wait to use on chickens and other smaller items!
on November 22, 2017
We purchased this fryer two years ago and have fried turkeys four or five times, but only used as a deep fryer once. We have been deep frying turkeys for many years, but this unit does the same job with way less oil. The unit works very well after some modifications. The absolute best turkey you will ever eat is one that has been brined then fried. The brine does not have to be elaborate with twenty ingredients like most recipes. A simple brine with salt, a little brown sugar (half or less than most recommend), celery, onion, and garlic is all that is needed for a magnificent turkey.
The most frustrating part of this unit is the magnetic power cord connection. It is designed to keep the unit from being pulled over by entanglement in in the cord. The magnetic plug is very weak and becomes disconnected too easily. I hard-wired the cord into the control panel and sealed the opening with silicone sealant. This invalidates the warranty, but I don't care. Don't attempt this unless you have good mechanical/electrical skills. Otherwise get someone to make this modification for you. The power cord is very short, so if it is used more than two feet from a receptacle, an extension cord is a must. Use a heavy duty extension cord due to the high wattage requirement. I wrap the cord around a fixed object to keep it from being pulled over.
One other potential problem is the need to truss the turkey with cooking twine before frying. Learn to do this well because if the twine unravels or comes undone, an appendage from the turkey will stop the rotation of the rotisserie. Check it often during frying. Trussing does not affect the browning or frying time.
The thing I like most about this fryer is how it all comes apart for easy cleaning. Very good design.
All things considered, I would buy this item again.
on December 2, 2013
Works very well when you make sure the bird fits in the machine. My trussing skills were lacking and after the second time the turkey got stuck I just cut off the wings and legs. Then threw them in the oil after the turkey was done. I also did a 20 pound turkey but cut off the legs and wings first. I had read some reviews where it took 3 hours to warm up the oil... Not so. 45 minutes to an hour and your ready to go. I think 16# is the limit for this machine. LOVE the taste.
on January 9, 2014
We bought this fryer after reading about it in a magazine right before Thanksgiving. I was attracted to the rotisserie frying, using less oil, not having a propane burner, not having to dunk a whole bird vertically, and the ability to use inside if desired.

We ended up using it outside on a table and it took an hour to cook a 13.5 Lb. bird. And let me tell you, it was awesome. So juicy and delicious. If you are a fan of beer can chicken, you'll never go back to a traditional roasted bird after this. We had about a dozen people over who all felt the same way after trying it.

One side note that I know other have brought up as well, you MUST use cooking twine to tie up the bird as is stated in the directions. Otherwise the limbs will stop the rotisserie in the oil and the cooking will be uneven. We didn't encounter this problem as we tied it up well enough.

Check it out, your thanksgiving will never be the same.
on November 19, 2013
It works very well. We tried a 5# chicken to learn how to use it before we do a turkey for Thanksgiving. It does take longer then
what the manual stated of 4min per pound. It took 40min to reach the temp of 160 deg in the bird. Other then that it worked very well.
on January 4, 2015
You would have to be a real dummy to cook a bad meal with this machine. Easy to use, very easy to clean and easy to operate. I've cooked two turkeys with this machine and the second one, using peanut oil, came out crisp and tasty. When I say it is easy to clean, believe it. The machine comes apart and allows you to clean each part thoroughly. Getting rid of the oil is a snap, I just empty it into the container it came out of and throw it into the trash. I hight recommend this Waring Pro.
on December 12, 2015
This us a very good product . Safe to use and easy to operate and clean. Have used this the last 3 years on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Cooked whole turkeys up to 16 pounds and had great results. Just a tip, 24 hour brining makes a big difference in the moisture and flavor of the final product. Look forward to using this every year from now on.
on January 4, 2015
There are so many products on the market today, many of which are falsely advertised and fall far short of their claims. This product is one of the very few exceptions. Even though I have only cooked one 18 pound bird in 55 minutes to near perfection, I look forward to the many years of various uses from this product. Thank you Waring for manufacturing a high quality, easy to use, efficient, and easy to clean product. Jim T.
on November 21, 2013
I purchased this fryer because I wanted a large basket with quick heat up times. This product takes 35-45 minutes to heat up to 375+ with the minimum 2 gallons of oil.

The timer is a little rinky dink timer that barely works and usually cannot be heard over the sound of oil cooking.

The negative aside, once heated up it does a wonderful job of actually cooking small things such as fish, ocra, french fries and doughnuts.

Thanksgiving 2012 I tried to cook a small turkey using the rotisserie feature. It cooked the outside of the turkey to perfection but the inside was still raw. I had to bake it after frying it.

Update: After two years, it still works like it did on day 1. I now think that cleaning it is too much hassle so I don't break it out as often. However, everything is still working so you know it is going to last.

Second update:
It has been another year, I learned to clean it by filling up with soap water and letting it set for 30 minutes, then taking a long bristle brush to it. Looks like new. Made another turkey this year, 8lbs, made sure to let it rise to room temperature before throwing it into the frier. It was the best turkey I have eatten. I also steamed shrimp in it. It seemed to take forever to reach hot enough temps, but it worked like a charm.

The third year it developed a squeak when operating the rotisserie (but only under load). So you cant be in the room with it when you want to make a turkey. Does anyone know of a solution to clean/grease the rotisserie?
on December 3, 2013
This is beyond a doubt the best machine that we have ever purchased for cooking a turkey. It is easy to use and very economical in that cooking time is very quick and the results are fabulous. It was shipped on time and packaged well to protect it. Easy to clean and storage is conveniant. But best of all it make the very best fried turkey!!!!