Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Warman's Fenton Glass: Identification and Price Guide (Warman's Fenton Glass: Identification & Price Guide)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on January 27, 2005
As an avid Fenton Art Glass collector, I eagerly devour any new material written about my favorite glassware. In this tome, Mark Moran has summoned his considerable journalistic and antiquarian talents to produce a reference book celebrating Fenton's 100th anniversary of art glass production. The well-written and succinct text introduces each section of a chronological photographic tour of representative pieces from 1905 through the present. Mr. Moran has ransacked collectors' display shelves and closets to find numerous beautiful and rare pieces of Fenton that I have not seen previously documented. Also included is a price guide listing some 2000 items.

Seasoned and novice collectors alike should find this book a welcome addition to their libraries.
on August 27, 2005
I find it difficult to rate any one book on glassware since as any glass collector knows, one would literally have to have an entire library dedicated to antique glass only.As far as this book goes I found it to have a good bit of information on many areas of Fenton glass, some of which I was seeking and some I was not aware of. Overall,it is a good general guide, but as I said previously one would need a roomful of books to cover not only glass in general but indeed an entire section of said library would have to be just for Fenton glass. That being said I can recommend this book for beginners and casual collectors, as for the serious and professional types I think a collection of Fenton books should accompany your collection of Fenton glass.
on June 10, 2013
My mother-in-law recently passed away and we inherited a great deal of Fenton Art glass and this book was invaluable in helping us identify several items as she had removed all of the silver stickers! Now I am officially a Fenton collector myself as there are so many other pretty things featured in the book that she did not have in her collection. A must have if you are interested in collecting Fenton plus gives a great history of the company!
on September 11, 2009
I was so excited to get this book, especially since I had read good reviews, and upon first opening it, I was immediately impressed with the pictures. They are stunning. It also gives the history of the company and explains the dates of its marks. Unfortunately, I discovered that's where my good feelings about this book ended. I like other Warman books and other Fenton books, but I found this book to be extremely difficult to use. The organization, other than it's set up by eras of production, makes no sense to me. It gives very little detailed information about individual patterns and colors. Only a few items of each pattern are represented in the photographs, with maybe Crest Line getting the most space. It says items are arranged by color and pattern in alphabetical order under the different era sections, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what alphabet is being used. It seems the best way to try to find something is just to keep flipping through the pages and hope that what you are looking for is one of the items shown. The prices listed are not at all conservative, and I can't imagine that they are representative of what people are really willing to pay. So, overall, the pictures are beautiful, making this a great coffee table book, but as a useful reference guide, I am sorry to report that I find this book to be completely frustrating.
on January 15, 2014
I purchased this book to broaden my knowledge of Fenton Art Glass. Having lived within 30 miles of Williamstown, the Fenton Plant was a favourite place for frequent visits. But as often as I have seen the many fine products displayed in their gift shop, not to mention the homes of my friends and acquaintances, I've always wanted to learn much more. Warman's Fenton Glass helps me to reach that goal. Whether you're just starting your collection or are a knowledgeable antique/collectible dealer, this book is a must have!
on September 30, 2010
Excellent reviews and in depth information regarding the Fenton line of collectable and antique glass. Superb photography with outstanding information. This is a must have for collectors and sellers alike, invaluable, informative and every so enlightening showing many many items from the famed glass maker some of which you would not gather were even produced by Fenton.

Categorically separated in to production years. Many OUTSTANDING photographs with clear true color showing even the smallest of differences of like items. Wonderful "blips" short histories of the items are accompanying each of the detailed photos covering 102 years of production of the Fenton line.

If you are a Fenton collector this is an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE, if you are a dealer this is an invaluable resource with in depth descriptions, production years and value "guide". Do not let the guide set your prices as prices are dependent on popularity, availability, scarceness of specific colors and pattern variations etc as well as economic standings and are meant to simply be a guide not a law on pricing.

If you care about what your hobby of glass collecting or your business in dealing in glass by Fenton do not let this item pass you by, you will definitely regret it down the line, A superb item for your resource library that will pay for itself MANY times over with the information you will glean from this outstanding book.

I would rate this as a 10 star must have for those that love, deal and sell glass. You will NOT be disappointed !
on November 16, 2008
Be careful with these price guides - they tend to be over inflated. There's a lot of placed on the web you can get price information from. use this guide to determine piece names, more than prices. Google yourantiqueroadshow they give free appraisals and it's more accurate. This book: For researching pieces, thumbs up, for prices, thumbs down.
on July 6, 2008
This book has wonderful photos of beautiful Fenton glass items from all through the Fenton production history. The back-up text is also very helpful and informative.
on April 17, 2016
Very informative book with beautiful pictures. I picked up a lot of information about patterns, pieces, prices and dates of production that I didn't know beforehand. I recommend this book to any Fenton lover, buyer, seller or collector.
on March 16, 2010
Great Book - Found 4 of 4 Fenton pieces in this book -- All completely difference - Thanks - Wish all book were like this one