Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on December 8, 2013
I have had this book for about three weeks and while it is a great book with fantastic pictures and facts about the tools it covers, its range is limited to high-dollar, high-end collector tools, far above the investiment dollars available to me. I tend to buy, restore and sell antique and vintage tools to people, who like me, will use the tools for their high quality feel in their hands, not just look at them. For me, the book has little value as to its price guide, however, for a serious high-end collector, I'm sure this book would be a great asset, although there are very few markets where one could get the prices listed here. Being a field guide, the range of tools listed is very limited and is not of much help.
on August 6, 2016
great book, great info, small form factor makes it easy to carry, fast shipment, smooth transaction, recommended.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 1, 2011
This is just a list of a couple hundred different tools that fetched a good price at the Fine Tool Journal auctions and some nice photos of a few of them. It is a slightly smaller version of his Antique Trader Tools Price Guide (which I like a little better but still don't think is that great, you can read my review). I don't see a lot of value in this book. I don't think carrying this little thing along to estate sales and antique stores is going to be of much help. There is just not that much in here to help you with the wide world of tools you might encounter.