Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 395 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 439 reviews
on November 19, 2016
My 10 year old son spent all of the money he received for his year-end straight 'A' report card to buy all of the Warriors' sets. He loves them! I, too, am reading them (52 years old and much more emotional...I cry at least once a book). He has started sharing his Warriors' books with classmates and the books are receiving high ratings from them, as well. I have recommended the Survivor series (dogs) to a classmate's mom who was having trouble getting her son to read (their 5th grade class is required to read a half hour each week day and one weekend day).
These books grab your attention and keep it, to the point of not wanting to put them down. We even think of our cats differently now :-).
Authors, Thank you so much for sharing your talents! We would love to see a movie or TV series, as well.
All of the books sets that were ordered arrived on time (even the pre-ordered ones) and in new condition. VERY satisfied with the entire experience.
on February 26, 2017
This is the second full volume st I have got my son in 6 months. He lover the first five books so much that it was only logical to buy him the next set so he could continue reading. Only thing that is not in my favor is I find him with a book under covers at 2:00am. Lol The book areadequate to last soft cover with a nice dark side picture on each. They come in a nice sturdy series boxs that hold all 5 books and that's a big plus for my Son. :-) Great set of volume books for older youth with good reading skills.
review image
on July 25, 2016
My 10 year old son is obsessed with these books, he had read an earlier series from the library at school. I felt like the box set was a great value. He had already read the first book, but I think the set was still less than buying only some of the books separately. Plus he likes to refer back sometimes since these are such long sagas...
on February 5, 2016
My daughter has been hooked on the Warrior Cats series since she was 9 years old. She has managed to acquire the entire first series through used bookstores, and thrift shops. Took her awhile to get them all, and they weren't in consecutive order either. That didn't stop her from reading the series out of sequence, and reading them multiple times until she stumbled upon another used book in the series. She even picked up a few books from the other series, and read those too. That's how good these books are.

Knowing how much she loved the first series, I couldn't have her wait as long as she did acquiring this second series the same way she did with the first one. She was itching to read more about these cats, so I had to get the second series for her. I definitely got my monies worth, because she blew through the entire series within a week of its arrival. She has read these books over several times since. She's also got her friends hooked on these cats.

You can not go wrong with any of the Warrior Cats books. The New Prophecy is no exception. My daughter prefers these books over her tablet or Nintendo DS any day.
on January 2, 2016
My 11 year old daughter is in love with all things Warriors! I am so thankful for this series because it has really gotten her into reading! I love them because they are real stories with happiness, romance, jealousy, politics, as well as sadness. She laughs and she cries. Oh and she already loves CATS so this was purrfect for her!

I was reluctant to buy them at first, because she can check them out at our local library for free, BUT it's a very popular series. She was always having to wait on someone else to finish the book! It took her almost an entire semester to read through most of the first series because of this! I finally just bought the last two books so she could start on this one! Needless to say, she's one happy tween! I'd much rather her be reading these books, than being on the internet or playing video game.
VINE VOICEon January 1, 2012
My (then-future) husband bought me Watership Down as a birthday gift long years ago, and I loved it. No other animal stories have quite lived up to its memory till I started reading Erin Hunter's Warriors books. Last Christmas my husband, still wisely predicting my tastes, bought me the first series of Warriors, and last week he bought me the second. I'm delighted to say I still love these wonderful cats.

Erin Hunter has an enviable talent for telling stories within a series. Each novel is complete in itself, one major danger having slowly been revealed and dealt with, one set of relationships having been brought into question and either resolved or convincingly shelved, and one deliberate forward step having clearly been taken in the overall story arc. I could pick easily any single book up and read it without feeling lost. Or I can read them one after another (I did) without feeling bored.

The overarching story is nicely plotted, keeping me eager to know more. The cats have pleasingly convincing characters and a well-researched way of life. And the spirituality of Star-Clan watching from the heavens is delightfully drawn, even to non-believers and the fate of the lost. The mythic lends a satisfying completeness to the characters, and, while human emotions are easily recognized, these cats are always their own well-defined individuals, never devolving into animals playing at people.

Two-legs (or No-furs, of whatever else we are called) cause much trouble in the world around us. But warrior cats aren't perfect either. Erin Hunters stories come pretty close to perfection though, and I highly recommend them.

Disclosure: My husband bought them for me. My mother's going to read them next. And me, I couldn't put them down.
on June 14, 2015
Though I hate the new covers, the books are great (per the norm). I've read them many times over, so I can tell you that the storyline is formed in an exquisite way, full of excitement, adventure, love, and a whirlwind of emotions that will sweep you off of your feet. Oh, gosh, I sound like I belong in a publishing company! Sorry if I bored you to death there for a minute. But everything I said is completely true! As for an age recommendation, don't listen when it says you should stop reading them after elementary school, because they definitely get... How do I word this..? Dark. Really dark. Not in this series, but in the ones after it... Well, there's a lot of death, blood, gore... Well... It's not OVERLY gory, but somewhat. I hoped that my review helped you to make choices about Warriors. Enjoy!
on August 10, 2017
Our grandson wanted this for his B-day. He was very excited to get it. Can't wait to read them was his response to opening the gift. Our daughter-in-law said he spent two days reading the first series. He loves them. His dad hadn't read them when he was a kid and has read the first two books; but, he can't read as fast as his son. Dad has to work sometime. Maybe our grandson will get the rest of the series for Christmas.
on February 18, 2016
My 10-year-old daughter is a HUGE Warriors fan. She has been a fan for the past two years or so. She has read every book in the series at least two or three times. She also has a number of friends who are fans as well. I like that the books are not just entertaining but she learns from them too. She tells us about different herbs you can find in the wild and what they can be used for. It is a wonderful series of books for her age group.
on June 22, 2017
I haven't read them myself, but I bought these for my hubby (a sci-fi reader) and my mother-in-law (a crazy cat lady). They both love them, and turns out they are letting my sister-in-law read them too, and now she's hooked! Anyway, I just ordered the third series...they're so ready for them to arrive! Oh, and the new kittens in our family are all being named after the characters from the books now...lol!