Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,811 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,925 reviews
UPDATE: The new Hero3+ battery, AHDBT-302 is a bit larger than the older battery. The older battery has small notches on the top corners, the newer battery is a bit thicker and does not have the notches. The original Wasabi charger would not allow the newer batteries to fit in it, but Wasabi has updated the charger to accommodate the new battery as well as the older 1050mAh battery.

---

The Wasabi Power battery and charger combo for GoPro Hero3 is such an amazing value that you might be skeptical. Don't be,

This is the real deal. You get 2 batteries that, at least on paper, exceed the specs of the original GoPro battery. These batteries are marketed as 1200mAh whereas the GoPro battery is only 1050 mAh, a difference of 150mAh. That translates to about a 10-15 minute increase in recording time. Well... maybe, maybe not. Some people are making a bigger deal than necessary about the alleged overstatement of battery capacity of the Wasabi's. I'm not an electrical engineer so can't make any absolutely scientific claims but I can tell you that in comparing the run time of both the GoPro branded battery and the Wasabi, they are very close. So whether or not the actual capacity of the Wasabi is a bit more or less than the GoPro is not important to me. What is important to me is that these batteries are a lot less expensive and last about the same length of time for all practical purposes. So just getting 2 batteries for almost the same price as 1 GoPro battery is a great deal. But Wasabi Power also gives you an AC battery charger, a car charger adapter plus they throw in a European plug.

The batteries fit snugly in my Hero3 Black and I do not have any looseness with the batteries in the AC charger as some people have reported. Works fine for me. I find that the batteries fully charge in about 2-2.5 hours. The charger also charges the GoPro batteries, although some people claim the GoPro batteries are loose in the charger. Mine are not loose and charge perfectly.

Boggles the mind that GoPro can get away with such highway robbery. But never fear, Wasabi Power is here to ease the pain of buying backup batteries.

Thanks you Wasabi Power for providing such great value.
4444 comments| 374 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2013
The charger and two batteries for The GoPro Hero3 seemed like a great value since a single GoPro battery is $19.99 and the GoPro wall charger is $39.99. However, after just one use the charger stopped working when plugged into the wall. I used a volt meter and there is zero voltage at the charging leads. The charger works fine with the car adapter but does not work when plugged into an outlet. I'm returning this item for a refund. FYI, so far, the refund process has been pretty simple.

UPDATE: I was just contacted by Terry at Wasabi Power. He read my original review and took the time to to find my order information and called me. He apologized for the problem with the wall charger and is shipping a replacement charger to me today...now that's customer service! I thought my only option was to return the item to Amazon for a refund but Terry informed me that if anyone has any problems, they can contact him at 877-268-1235 and he will try to resolve your problem. The great value of this item coupled with the customer service changed my rating to 5 STARS!
33 comments| 347 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2015
After using my original older Wasabi single battery charger a few times, I didn't appreciate the 3.5 hr charge time (battery was not totally dead either).
And it's bulky and charges only 1 battery at a time.

( http://www.amazon.com/Wasabi-Power-AHDBT-201-AHDBT-301-AHDBT-302/dp/B00AAIPT76/ref=sr_1_3?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1435348061&sr=1-3 , Item model number: KIT-BTR-Hero3-LCH-Hero3-01 )

So I went looking for a faster charger , and a dual charger.

I found an OEM GoPro, dual charger.
And also found this newer dual Wasabi charger.

The newer dual Wasabi's published their ratings for the currents (higher than the older single one)... but the GOPRO didn't.
(the more current, the faster you can charger a battery - to a point , too much cause too much heating = destroy a battery)
so wasn't sure which would be better.
So bought the GOPRO dual the the newer Wasabi dual.

I did a test comparing this OEM GoPro with the Wasabi newer dual charger I bought from Amazon at the same time..
The "Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charger" Part Number KIT-US-AHDBT302-01.

Look and feel of this GOPRO is top rate OEM quality stuff.
There is a dull grippy feeling coating on it's surfaces.
BUT For the price, you do NOT get a AC USB wall adapter for 12v USB adapter, and no battery.
You only get the charger body shown, that holds the batteries, and an annoyingly short usb mating cable.

The Wasabi hardware feels well made as well.
All bright shinny black hard plastic, and feels solid.

For my testing below:
I used the AC USB adapter Wasabi supplied with the Wasabi kit.

For the GOPRO, I had to find one, I had a SAMSUNG AC USB adapter with the same ratings as the Wasabi.

5V @ 2.1a .

So Game on...Apples and Apples for a power source.

(NOTE: The Wasabi AC USB adapter actually has two outputs, A 2.1A one and a 1A one, of course I used the 2.1A one for the test, and did not plug anything into the 1A USB output.)

So yea the GOPRO works and looks and feels well made, they both work, but who's the fastest charger?

I used the two NEW Wasabi batteries that came with the new Wasabi kit I just bought.
(I've been having great luck with the 2 Wasabi batteries I already owned... I only have 1 OEM GOPRO battery).
(I now have a total of 4 Wasabi batteries)

Each time I took the time to allow the battery to fully discharge in my Hero3+Black, till the camera shut off.
Typically saw 1hr and 5mins thru 15mins, camera sitting recording at 1080p/60frames, I had WIFI on too.
After discharged, I let the batteries cool down before charging, and cleared the data card (using the GoPro battery)
No matter the charger, the Run times were constant, within 5-10minutes of each other, close enough.

Charge times is what I was really interested in.

With only 1 battery in each dual charger.
The Wasabi took 2hrs.
This GOPRO took 2.5hrs (still a lot better than the 3.5hrs on a ~85% discharged battery with my original Wasabi single battery charger)

With two batteries in each dual charger...
The Wasabi took 2hrs (yes, one or two batteries didn't change the charge time) (batteries finished within 5mins of each other).
This GOPRO took 4.25hrs (what I feared) (both batteries finished at Exactly the same time).

So, if you bought this GOPRO charger, it'll do the job well enough with 1 battery at a time, but poor charge time with two totally drained batteries at the same time.

For about 40% less on cost, the Wasabi dual charger kit gives a TON more value over the GoPro dual charger....
You get:
- A very powerful AC USB adapter.
- A very powerful 12V USB adapter.
- A longer USB cable (compared to the GoPro dual charger).
- And apparently a much better dual battery charger (compared to the GoPro dual charger).
- AND TWO batteries.

The GoPro:
- Dual battery charger.
- Short USB Cable.

The Wasabi kit is the total package , ready to roll dual battery package..
("Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charger" Part Number KIT-US-AHDBT302-01.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2VIR2M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00 )

The GOPRO OEM dual charger isn't ready to roll , and it's more expensive, and a slower charger..
(GoPro Dual Battery Charger for Hero 3 and Hero 3+ , Item model number: AHBBP-301
on August 13, 2016
Purchased these and another size from Wasabi Power in 2015 to use with out different models of GoPros for a week-long international motorcycle adventure (which meant that the plug adapter really came in handy). They held a charge for a few hours of continuous use but I'd have to swap them out eventually in the middle of the day. So, every night was a mission to find an outlet and recharge ALL the batteries for the next day. It took a couple hours to get everything charged, even when using multiple outlets. We haven't used them frequently since then except a few other GoPro filming projects but we'll really test them out again on another big moto trip, hopefully they will still hold their charges as well as they did last year.

That said, they were light, easy to keep together in our luggage (for the plane) and tank bag, and simple to swap out into the GoPros when standing by the side of the road.
on January 26, 2016
Durable affordable GoPro battery.

Pros:
-Compared to the stock battery for the GoPro this Wasabi power battery last longer and is more affordable
-This product comes with a car charger so if you are on the go this is perfect for you
- When your battery is fully charged this product would let you know with a led light that appears on your charger
- Compared to the stock battery for the GoPro this Wasabi power battery last longer and is more affordable

Con:
- I did not encounter any issues or problems in-regards to this product. If I do encounter any problems/ issues I will update this review

If you need another GoPro battery that is affordable and durable I would recommend to purchase this item.
on May 8, 2017
I bought this setup with the charger and these batteries 2 years and 10 months ago, I am 2 months before the end of the warranty. I used my Gopro not a lot, not a little, just kind of once or twice a month. No demanding application, just regular use. The batteries performed fine up until just recently. I was on vacation last week and had my wasabi batteries with me for backup and I found that they would charge in the charger and show green but when I put them in the camera the showed 1 bar of power and would quickly die out. I sent an email yesterday (Sunday) explaining the situation to bluenook. Sure enough I was called first thing this morning and I have to pay $6 for shipping but the batteries are getting replaced no charge. No BS, no long drawn out escalated pain in the butt, just an honored warranty just as stated. Products are only as good as the companies behind them. I think this is a great company and I am SOLD!
on May 6, 2016
I've had these for about a year and so far these Wasabi batteries have held up just as well as the GoPro brand batteries. They charge efficiently and stay charged for a decent amount of time. As far as I can tell, these look and function exactly the same as a GoPro battery, the only thing that sets them apart is the label on the battery itself.

The charger is pretty basic but it gets the job done, it uses an LED light to indicate when a battery is being charged. Nothing fancy, but not garbage either.

This is a great and less expensive option.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon May 28, 2015
Product Name:Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and charger.
Short Description: These batteries were used as backup/replacement for the GOPRO HERO White sports camera.
Visual Appearance ★★★★★
Intended Purpose ★★★★★
Cost ★★★★★
Quality ★★★★★

Pros & Cons
Pros:
-Well priced
-Charger works very well
-Batteries work great, the fir on the camera just fine and last the same as original.
-As a plus you also get a car charger with these!

Cons: I have none.

Final Thoughts and Personal Opinion: These was an easy decision, I say you should BUY IT!

Reviewed by Rody Aroche
on January 31, 2013
All of my cameras and larger camcorders came with stand alone battery rechargers. Having one or more external rechargers is a must for the video pro, or for a serious amateur. The Wasabi charger gives me the external charger that I need for my GoPro POV cams, so that I'll never run out of freshly charged batteries during a shoot.

I really like the fold-away AC plug that is like some of my other battery chargers. It also makes the charger a lot more compact than those with separate AC cords that can be lost or damaged. Having the ability to charge from a car battery without the need for a separate DC-DC converter makes this product even more versatile. Someone did their homework with this device.

Charging times are excellent, and a lot quicker than charging in the camera via USB.

If you already own lots of GoPro batteries, you might want the option to get the charger without the batteries. As a "con" it's a pretty minor one, though.
on December 17, 2012
For about $9 more then the cost of a single Gopro branded battery you get two 1200 mAh batteries and a charger. The slight boost in battery power (1200 v.s. 1050) doesn’t give you much more then the original battery included with the Hero 3. In my quick test the gopro battery lasted for just at 2 hours of time lapse at 2 second intervals, and the Wasabi battery made it 2 hours 15 min. The biggest benefit is actually the charger, this saves you from having to wait for an hour and half or more to charge using the usb port on the unit.

I’ve had a few issues with the Hero 3 locking up when trying to charge batteries. The Wasabi battery charger avoids this issue and allows me to keep charging batteries while the Hero 3 is in use. The batteries provide the same level indication and seem to work identically to the OEM batteries. The Wasabi GoPro Hero 3 battery and charger kit is well worth checking out if you need some extra batteries for your unit.