Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 2,922 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,045 reviews
on April 11, 2013
The charger and two batteries for The GoPro Hero3 seemed like a great value since a single GoPro battery is $19.99 and the GoPro wall charger is $39.99. However, after just one use the charger stopped working when plugged into the wall. I used a volt meter and there is zero voltage at the charging leads. The charger works fine with the car adapter but does not work when plugged into an outlet. I'm returning this item for a refund. FYI, so far, the refund process has been pretty simple.

UPDATE: I was just contacted by Terry at Wasabi Power. He read my original review and took the time to to find my order information and called me. He apologized for the problem with the wall charger and is shipping a replacement charger to me today...now that's customer service! I thought my only option was to return the item to Amazon for a refund but Terry informed me that if anyone has any problems, they can contact him at 877-268-1235 and he will try to resolve your problem. The great value of this item coupled with the customer service changed my rating to 5 STARS!
33 comments| 344 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
UPDATE: The new Hero3+ battery, AHDBT-302 is a bit larger than the older battery. The older battery has small notches on the top corners, the newer battery is a bit thicker and does not have the notches. The original Wasabi charger would not allow the newer batteries to fit in it, but Wasabi has updated the charger to accommodate the new battery as well as the older 1050mAh battery.

---

The Wasabi Power battery and charger combo for GoPro Hero3 is such an amazing value that you might be skeptical. Don't be,

This is the real deal. You get 2 batteries that, at least on paper, exceed the specs of the original GoPro battery. These batteries are marketed as 1200mAh whereas the GoPro battery is only 1050 mAh, a difference of 150mAh. That translates to about a 10-15 minute increase in recording time. Well... maybe, maybe not. Some people are making a bigger deal than necessary about the alleged overstatement of battery capacity of the Wasabi's. I'm not an electrical engineer so can't make any absolutely scientific claims but I can tell you that in comparing the run time of both the GoPro branded battery and the Wasabi, they are very close. So whether or not the actual capacity of the Wasabi is a bit more or less than the GoPro is not important to me. What is important to me is that these batteries are a lot less expensive and last about the same length of time for all practical purposes. So just getting 2 batteries for almost the same price as 1 GoPro battery is a great deal. But Wasabi Power also gives you an AC battery charger, a car charger adapter plus they throw in a European plug.

The batteries fit snugly in my Hero3 Black and I do not have any looseness with the batteries in the AC charger as some people have reported. Works fine for me. I find that the batteries fully charge in about 2-2.5 hours. The charger also charges the GoPro batteries, although some people claim the GoPro batteries are loose in the charger. Mine are not loose and charge perfectly.

Boggles the mind that GoPro can get away with such highway robbery. But never fear, Wasabi Power is here to ease the pain of buying backup batteries.

Thanks you Wasabi Power for providing such great value.
4444 comments| 372 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2013
After a trip to Tahoe, it felt like the Wasabi batteries crapped out sooner than my original GoPro battery. That prompted an investigation.

I charged the original GoPro battery and the 2 Wasabi batteries on the Wasabi charger. The wasabi charger is pretty consistent - the batteries were coming off the charger at 4.17V, which is a full charge for li-ion.

I discharged each battery at a constant 0.4 amp rate on a battery discharger with a cutoff set to 2.8V. Why 0.4 amps? I discharge at approximately the same rate as the battery is being used and a 0.4 amp discharge would dump the battery in a little over 2 hours.

People are raving about the 1200 mAh capacity on the Wasabi battery label. It's a flat out lie.
They tested at 856 mAh on one and 862 mAh on the other battery. That's only 72% of the rated capacity. FAIL!
The GoPro battery tested at 937 mAH - which is significantly more capacity than the Wasabi batteries.

-1 star for inferior capacity
-1 another star for blatantly lying about it so that unsuspecting people would buy it.
2323 comments| 421 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2016
Purchased these and another size from Wasabi Power in 2015 to use with out different models of GoPros for a week-long international motorcycle adventure (which meant that the plug adapter really came in handy). They held a charge for a few hours of continuous use but I'd have to swap them out eventually in the middle of the day. So, every night was a mission to find an outlet and recharge ALL the batteries for the next day. It took a couple hours to get everything charged, even when using multiple outlets. We haven't used them frequently since then except a few other GoPro filming projects but we'll really test them out again on another big moto trip, hopefully they will still hold their charges as well as they did last year.

That said, they were light, easy to keep together in our luggage (for the plane) and tank bag, and simple to swap out into the GoPros when standing by the side of the road.
on May 8, 2017
I bought this setup with the charger and these batteries 2 years and 10 months ago, I am 2 months before the end of the warranty. I used my Gopro not a lot, not a little, just kind of once or twice a month. No demanding application, just regular use. The batteries performed fine up until just recently. I was on vacation last week and had my wasabi batteries with me for backup and I found that they would charge in the charger and show green but when I put them in the camera the showed 1 bar of power and would quickly die out. I sent an email yesterday (Sunday) explaining the situation to bluenook. Sure enough I was called first thing this morning and I have to pay $6 for shipping but the batteries are getting replaced no charge. No BS, no long drawn out escalated pain in the butt, just an honored warranty just as stated. Products are only as good as the companies behind them. I think this is a great company and I am SOLD!
on May 6, 2016
I've had these for about a year and so far these Wasabi batteries have held up just as well as the GoPro brand batteries. They charge efficiently and stay charged for a decent amount of time. As far as I can tell, these look and function exactly the same as a GoPro battery, the only thing that sets them apart is the label on the battery itself.

The charger is pretty basic but it gets the job done, it uses an LED light to indicate when a battery is being charged. Nothing fancy, but not garbage either.

This is a great and less expensive option.
on January 25, 2014
Got this and decided to test the 1200mAh Claims.
Basically... nope. The Two Batteries tested 943 and 941. Just for the heck of it I tested the stock battery and got 1098mAh. Close enough to the 1080mAh they are labeled as.
(link to the plot)
review image
Product Name:Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and charger.
Short Description: These batteries were used as backup/replacement for the GOPRO HERO White sports camera.
Visual Appearance ★★★★★
Intended Purpose ★★★★★
Cost ★★★★★
Quality ★★★★★

Pros & Cons
Pros:
-Well priced
-Charger works very well
-Batteries work great, the fir on the camera just fine and last the same as original.
-As a plus you also get a car charger with these!

Cons: I have none.

Final Thoughts and Personal Opinion: These was an easy decision, I say you should BUY IT!

Reviewed by Rody Aroche
on May 2, 2016
Updated Review: I decided to update this review to give pros and cons on why you should or should not buy this charger.

Pros:
Cheaper than the Gopro OEM charger you can buy.
Fits easily and does not take up a lot of space in the Smatree Gopro carry box I purchased
Seems to recharge batteries faster than the Gopro OEM charger does.
Battery(s) fit snugly into recharger.
Batteries I received fit into my Gopro Hero 3 Black with no problems.
Can be plug into a wall outlet or into your car's cigarette lighter.

Cons:
Recharger seems flimsy and feels like it could snap or break when using it.
Gopro EOM recharger looks and feels more rugged than this Wasabi charger does.
Batteries do not seem to last as long as Gopro OEM batteries do.
Much like the Gopro OEM batteries these batteries do not keep their charge for a long periods of time.

Summary: This is not a bad back up to your Gopro OEM charger if you are someone like me who takes their Gopro on outdoor adventures where you spend long periods of time away from any place that offers a recharging station. But because of how flimsy the charger feels I would not make this charger your main Gopro recharger. As long as you take care when handling or plugging charger into a wall outlet it should work well. Serves well as a back up and is worth purchasing for that reason.
on January 31, 2013
All of my cameras and larger camcorders came with stand alone battery rechargers. Having one or more external rechargers is a must for the video pro, or for a serious amateur. The Wasabi charger gives me the external charger that I need for my GoPro POV cams, so that I'll never run out of freshly charged batteries during a shoot.

I really like the fold-away AC plug that is like some of my other battery chargers. It also makes the charger a lot more compact than those with separate AC cords that can be lost or damaged. Having the ability to charge from a car battery without the need for a separate DC-DC converter makes this product even more versatile. Someone did their homework with this device.

Charging times are excellent, and a lot quicker than charging in the camera via USB.

If you already own lots of GoPro batteries, you might want the option to get the charger without the batteries. As a "con" it's a pretty minor one, though.