Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,325 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,394 reviews
on November 5, 2012
This is such a great deal. I have had these batteries for almost 2 years and they have never given me any problems so I just got some more. They came charged between 60% and 80%, nice. They are rated at a higher mAH than the canon lp-e6 so they might last a little bit longer, I haven't done side by side testing. What I do notice is that these batteries function just like canon batteries. Some other non-OEM will not be this way, for example these Wasabi Power will give battery info in the camera and will charge on the canon charger. They are are reading full recharge performance in my camera's battery info after around 2 years of use.

The value is clear, for $32 you get prime shipping, 2 batteries 1 charger and 1 car cigarette lighter adapter for the charger and the foreign plug if you're going to Europe. a canon battery cost just about $58 here on amazon.

I advise doing what I did which was get two of these packages, which gives you 4 batteries and 2 car ready chargers for a few bucks more than one canon battery! I will probably buy more, you can never have too many batteries! It gives you peace of mind, especially shooting video to know that you are covered.

2 batteries in a battery grip on the Canon 7D gave me approx. 3.5hrs of continuous video recording at 1080p. so half that to get how much a single battery will approx. give you.

I have never had any problems but Wasabi Power says it will replace any non working batteries no charge within first 30 days and with only a shipping charge within the first 3 years.

Pros-

- 3 year warranty

Cons-

-None

Summary-

This is the kind of modern product I really appreciate, essential for powering the camera, affordable and long lasting. The company says that their goal is for every customer to be 100% satisfied and I think that with this product that every customer will be.

It would be cool to see them make a multi battery charger, maybe a Quad?
22 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
 This is a review of the Wasabi LP-E6 battery kit. I was provided a free sample for evaluation.

The Canon LP-E6 battery will cost you about nearly $60. That's right... 60 smackeroons. This Wasabit LP-E6 equivalent battery kit costs a fraction of that and you get 2 batteries, the charger (with foldable AC plug) and a car charging cable plus a European plug adapter. Wow, what a deal this is.

Now a good deal isn't really a good deal if the batteries don't perform well. But these do perform well. They are every bit as good as the Canon batteries and actually have significantly greater capacity.

I've used other Wasabi batteries, particularly GoPro Hero batteries and they also have exceeded my expectations.

I usually live by the mantra that "you get what you pay for." But my experience with Wasabi batteries is that you get way more than what you pay for. These are an excellent battery with great performance at an unbeatable price. How can you go wrong? 2 batteries plus charger for way less than the cost of a single Canon LP-E6 battery.
on July 11, 2013
I bought these partly becuase of the reviews. I used another 3rd party battery for a few years (2-3) and that worked fine so I am trying these. However when I put them into my 7D, neither batteries was recognized and my 7D cannot communicate with them. I charge them fully, tested one by taking a couple of pictures, then shut my 7D down. When I tried again in a couple of days, I was very surprised to find the battery was already drained since it wasn't used at all in between the two days!! Going back to buy the real thing...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 31, 2014
I use these batteries for my Canon 70D (they also work in my Canon 60D).

Pros:
- Cheaper than the Canon batteries. (On Amazon, they're the best price I found on the entire net)
- Keeps a charge just as well--if not better--than the factory Canon battery that came with my camera.
- Handy car charger is especially good for wedding photographers who are out in the field with just their vehicle and need a quick charge.

Cons:
- Makes for a horrible hockey puck.

If you have a Canon DSLR camera and are a serious photographer or videographer, definitely get these batteries.
on April 1, 2016
These batteries, like other third party batteries I have purchased will suffice for casual and non-critical photography applications. Here's the caveat, if you are a professional photographer you cannot rely on the battery status charge indicator in the viewfinder of your camera (or top display, if you have one). They can (and have) indicated they have two bars of battery life left (for example) and the next thing I know the camera (Canon 6D) is shutting down because of a dead battery. In critical assignments or wedding photography, for example, this is absolutely not acceptable. If you are a casual or amateur photographer they will provide satisfactory battery life for non-demanding applications, but when you absolutely, positively must have the best and most reliable battery for your Canon cameras (or other equipment) that require the LP-E6(N) battery, my suggestion is to purchase the OEM Canon batteries, you won't regret your decision in the long run. My feedback is always based upon a LONG TERM examination and use of the products I am reviewing, I hope this opinion and experience proves helpful and beneficial. Happy shooting!
on January 11, 2017
I am writing this review based on my personal opinion after owning this item for 5+ months.

This aftermarket battery really impressed me with it's quality. The OEM LP-E6 Batteries from Canon are too expensive and especially for a guy like me that always loses my small camera equipment and SD cards (yes, it's a terrible), 2 LP-E6 batteries and a charger is perfect for a guy like me! After using this ever since I bought my Canon 80D in July as back up batteries, I have not been let down by these.

Also, I had skepticism about the car charger as to why I would need one but it turns out, when I went on a road trip, it was very helpful!

All in all, great batteries that perform just as good as OEM batteries for a great price.
These batteries have been great! I purchased the two batteries, charger, and car adapter for about $30. I am using them in a NEWEER brand battery grip and everything works great. The batteries last long and they display the power consumption on my camera!

I've read a few reviews that said these batteries do not last a long time. This has not been my experience. I use them for shooting video in my 70D and I have seen outstanding battery performance. I plan to purchase a few more of these down the road to have has emergency backups. (For super long shoots where I can't recharge Ie. 48 hour film projects, festivals, etc.)
on September 22, 2016
I have 6 of these batteries. 4 were purchased in April 2013 and 2 were purchased December 2015. I just had the first 2013 Wasabi battery fail to take a charge after over 3 years of use. Given that these cost 1/4 of the genuine Canon batteries, and I got 3+ years usage out of them, I couldn't be happier. Until it failed to take a charge I didn't notice any difference in battery life. I do charge the Wasabi batteries in the Wasabi charger, and the Canon batteries in the Canon charger. I did notice which charger is used can make a difference. I am ordering 2 more to replace the one that failed. I always order the 2 with the charger, as the charger is basically free, and the Wasabi charger can be used with a 12V car plug, which helps when staying in a offgrid location.
Wasabi! It's green stuff and it's good to eat on sushi and to open up your sinuses. Pack that into a battery and bammmm!!! It's amazing! I first used Wasabi Power batteries for my canon t2i, now these with my Canon 5D Mark ii. I know for sure that the Wasabi Power for my t2i last longer than the stock Canon battery. With the 5D Mark ii I am unsure. I don't count my shutters on each battery and I barely care about the battery gauge on my camera. To me, being unsure if I get more or less shots from the Wasabi only means that it must be somewhat comparable to the stock Canon battery right? I would say so. And in the future I will update this post if I notice a dramatic difference between batteries.
So far, these seem to have longer life than the OEM that came with my 7D Mark II. These came as a bonus when I bought the camera.

UPDATE: 9/11/2016, one of the batteries died. At least one of them lasted almost a year, so I can't complain since it was free. I'm pretty sure they are relatively cheap, so not to bad anyway. The other one is still going strong, but it would be a bummer to be on a shoot not knowing when it will go out. I use the EOS 7D mark II and it eats batteries like candy, so I at least have 3 with me at all times. I still would recommend these and my STARS aren't going to change, just be aware that you may get a year out of these