Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,289 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,356 reviews
on March 12, 2013
So, at first, these batteries were great. At a fraction of the cost, they lasted longer than my OEM battery. After 5 months or so of use, they started not getting charged to 100% (according to the battery info menu in the camera). I was still able to get a good amount of use from each charge though so I didn't really pay it much notice. A few weeks after that, charging only got up to 73%-82%. Now, at 11 months, I am used to it only saying 73% after a charge. However, now when I use it, it goes from 73% to 40% normally, then suddenly drops to 0% or dead.

I was out shooting video on my 5D3 for a commercial and it died after 5 minutes. I had just charged all my batteries (these 2 wasabi ones and my OEM canon one) earlier that afternoon. I took maybe 15 stills with it, then we started using the camera for video recording. After 5 minutes, the camera just started shutting itself off. After a little troubleshooting, I noticed the dead battery light flashing. I didn't understand how that could be as this was a newly recharged battery. So, I pulled it out and used the Canon battery and it lasted perfectly fine for the next 3 hours. A few days later I recharged the wasabi battery and played around with it while sitting at my desk and was able to recreate the issue. I tried completely draining the battery as far as I can before recharging it several times. Hasn't improved. I think I'm giving up on these batteries.

Apparently they don't sell battery reconditioners for lp-e6 batteries so I can't try it on them to see if that would help.

It's too bad. These seemed like such wonderful batteries for the first 9 or so months. I have even recommended them to several people. Guess I have to bite my tongue now. I still don't believe in paying the insane prices for OEM batteries. For the amount of use I got out of it for the price I paid, it might be okay. But, I'll probably try a different brand next time first.

Update June 4, 2013
I started using the Wasabi charger to charge the Wasabi batteries exclusively and it seems to have helped a little. Both batteries are now back to working they way they did as I described above at the 11 month point. In comparison to the OEM battery, they now last 2/3rd's as long. Not so great considering my OEM is rated for 1800 mAh and these Wasabi ones are rated at 2600 mAh...

Something else to note, the wasabi batteries are specified as 7.2v, where as other batteries (ie STK) are 7.4v. So maybe as the battery is used and its voltage slowly drops, it goes below the minimum voltage threshold of the 5D3 even though there is still a good amount of power left sooner than the other batteries. *shrug* I did initially buy the Wasabi because it was 7.2v just like the Canon one though.

The most annoying thing about using these batteries in my 5D3 is the fact that once the battery charge indicator drops below 50%, the cameras FPS drops from 6 down to 3 or so. So every charge I get full performance from 73%-50%, then reduced performance from 49%-0%.
66 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2013
Using a recently calibrated iCharger 206B, I ran a few discharge tests on both of the Wasabi LP-E6 batteries I received. Testing with a 500mA drain from a 8.4V full charge to a depleted 6.0V, the batteries only gave me 1300mAh and 1409mAh. This is half of the claimed capacity. The claimed capacity numbers are being increased by Wasabi to "compete" with other brands that also do not meet their stated capacities.

Using the included battery charger, the batteries get slightly overcharged at 8.44V. 4.22V per cell is a bit higher than the 4.20V they should stop at, but it shouldn't be enough to cause major cell damage.

- The original Canon LP-E6 battery is rated at 1800mAh and sells for MSRP. Running with a 500mA drain, my 2-year old Canon battery provided 2095mAh.
- The Wasabi LP-E6 battery is sold as 2600mAh, but it tests between 1300-1400mAh. This battery sells for 1/4 the price of the Canon.

For the price, the battery works, but you will be swapping batteries almost twice as often. I cannot provide 5 stars because the battery capacity is falsely advertised like many today. I cannot provide 4 stars because the battery does not come close to the Canon battery, which was released with the technology available 5 years ago.

These batteries do not come close to matching the Canon in capacity, but they are 1/4 the price. I will not comment on expected cell degredation since it has not been tested, but other reviewers have covered my thoughts well enough.

I am moving on with the search for an aftermarket LP-E6 battery that offers similar capacity to the genuine Canon product.

*This review has been updated to better reflect my view on the VALUE of these batteries, rather than focusing on the marketing tactics of false capacity numbers*
33 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2012
This is such a great deal. I have had these batteries for almost 2 years and they have never given me any problems so I just got some more. They came charged between 60% and 80%, nice. They are rated at a higher mAH than the canon lp-e6 so they might last a little bit longer, I haven't done side by side testing. What I do notice is that these batteries function just like canon batteries. Some other non-OEM will not be this way, for example these Wasabi Power will give battery info in the camera and will charge on the canon charger. They are are reading full recharge performance in my camera's battery info after around 2 years of use.

The value is clear, for $32 you get prime shipping, 2 batteries 1 charger and 1 car cigarette lighter adapter for the charger and the foreign plug if you're going to Europe. a canon battery cost just about $58 here on amazon.

I advise doing what I did which was get two of these packages, which gives you 4 batteries and 2 car ready chargers for a few bucks more than one canon battery! I will probably buy more, you can never have too many batteries! It gives you peace of mind, especially shooting video to know that you are covered.

2 batteries in a battery grip on the Canon 7D gave me approx. 3.5hrs of continuous video recording at 1080p. so half that to get how much a single battery will approx. give you.

I have never had any problems but Wasabi Power says it will replace any non working batteries no charge within first 30 days and with only a shipping charge within the first 3 years.

Pros-

- 3 year warranty

Cons-

-None

Summary-

This is the kind of modern product I really appreciate, essential for powering the camera, affordable and long lasting. The company says that their goal is for every customer to be 100% satisfied and I think that with this product that every customer will be.

It would be cool to see them make a multi battery charger, maybe a Quad?
22 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2016
This review refers to the 2 batteries + single charger kit.
I am satisfied with my purchase, but not impressed. For the price I knew I couldn’t expect more: these batteries are definitively not comparable to the original ones. In fact, despite the claimed 2600 mAh, they last about 75% of my old original Canon 1800mAh battery. Which is still a pretty good deal considering that together two Wasabi batteries + charger cost less than a half of an original Canon one.

The charger is solid but smaller and lighter than the Canon one (good when traveling), but it is also less powerful (500 mA vs 1200mA), hence slower. Another difference is that while the Canon charger shows the percentage of charge you have reached in 25% increments, this one only blinks red while charging and green when the battery is ready.

Right now I have cycled them about 20 times, and they seem to hold well the charge. I’ll update my review when I will notice that performance are degrading and let you know how many cycle you can expect from them.

Notice that I use my Canon 70D only for videos, you may have different results on different cameras and for different use. I wouldn’t be surprised if, for example, they showed a different performance for photography.
review image review image
on May 19, 2016
These batteries do NOT last as long as the Canon batteries. I do time lapse star photography and with 2 original Canon batteries in a 5D MKII with a battery grip the camera will take a 15 second exposure every 20 seconds from sunset to sunrise and still have some juice in them in the morning. These Wasabi batteries will die by 3:30 in the morning.

The charger output is also rated much lower than the Canon charger and battery charging takes significantly longer with this charger. That part was well documented when purchasing the batteries but I was very disappointed with the life of the batteries.

If you are using these batteries in a situation where you do not need long life out of them then they will work fine for your needs.
on November 30, 2016
I found it wierd that this battery has premium japanese cells even if genuine canon battery is made in china but I gave it a try. I got the product and despite of what is said the battery has 8.4V and this could degrade your camera lifetime. I will return it immediately and this supplier should be banned for lying the product spec.
review image
on September 25, 2014
--- UPDATE: 7/26/2016 ---
It has been over 2 years since my first review on the pair of Wasabi Power LP-E6 batteries purchased back in January 2014 and I've figured that now is a good time to give you an update as to how well these batteries are holding up.
They've been in use for my Canon 70D and 6D as the first set before switching over to the Canon batteries. Two and a half years later they are now starting to lose charge faster than normal, however are still running strong just shy of 3 hours of continuous use, and I shoot sports & musical events, so these batteries are constantly being used to death. Still, I can confidently shoot 300 photos or possibly more on a single charge. The battery indicator is not entirely reliable at this point as I can take a few photos now, then an hour later happen to notice that my battery bar is half-gone and is a clear indication that my batteries' life-span are reaching to an end.
I have purchased a second set of LP-E6 batteries from Wasabi Power, now labeled with dates upon receiving them, along with the older pair dated with 01/14 just to remind myself that the pair is old. Canon batteries on the other hand have manufactured dates stamped on the back, and I now wonder why Wasabi Power haven't done this too. For whatever reason it may be, Wasabi Power will see me from time and time again as their customer, now that I notice that they have a new charging bay for multiple batteries, that'll be my next purchase real soon.

Oh, and I still don't like the poorly designed battery trays. They fall off too easily.

--- OLD REVIEW ---
Would you still believe that I haven't touched my Canon's battery yet? That's how long each battery lasts; about 6 - 7 hours each.

The only thing I don't like is that the plastic cover casing doesn't fit snug on the battery, so expect it to fall off easily if you are carrying these batteries around loosely.

Everything else works of course. Even my Canon 70D recognizes these batteries and gives me an accurate battery meter reading.
review image review image
 This is a review of the Wasabi LP-E6 battery kit. I was provided a free sample for evaluation.

The Canon LP-E6 battery will cost you about nearly $60. That's right... 60 smackeroons. This Wasabit LP-E6 equivalent battery kit costs a fraction of that and you get 2 batteries, the charger (with foldable AC plug) and a car charging cable plus a European plug adapter. Wow, what a deal this is.

Now a good deal isn't really a good deal if the batteries don't perform well. But these do perform well. They are every bit as good as the Canon batteries and actually have significantly greater capacity.

I've used other Wasabi batteries, particularly GoPro Hero batteries and they also have exceeded my expectations.

I usually live by the mantra that "you get what you pay for." But my experience with Wasabi batteries is that you get way more than what you pay for. These are an excellent battery with great performance at an unbeatable price. How can you go wrong? 2 batteries plus charger for way less than the cost of a single Canon LP-E6 battery.
on June 27, 2014
I purchased this two pack with the charger and then bought one additional battery of the same type. In the beginning, they worked just fine. I was impressed and ready to give it a positive review. Then I started to notice that sometimes when I put them in the charger, the light would turn green after much too short of a time and the battery wasn't fully charged. Soon, the light would simply turn green as soon as I plugged it in and it would stay green no matter what I did. Meanwhile the batteries weren't charging. The charger seems to be OK as it charges other LP-E6 batteries I have but the three Wasabi batteries don't charge and are now paper weights. Disappointing.

Update: It's not the batteries. It's the charger. The batteries are actually fine. The charger will sometimes show a green light and not charge even when the battery is discharged. It will also sometimes prematurely indicate fully charged when not. It seems to be related to the contacts between the battery and the charger.
on May 28, 2015
I ordered a few a couple of years ago to supplement the Canon battery that came with my 7D. They are still working fine in both the 7D and in my newer 5D3. My OEM Canon batteries were getting old and not holding much of a charge, so I bought a couple more Wasabi's. They work great in both of my cameras. I think they hold just as much energy as the OEM Canon batteries, but it is very difficult to do an accurate comparison.

Be aware that when you insert a Wasabi into your recent Canon camera, the camera firmware will say: Communication with this battery is irregular, use anyway? All you have to do is click YES and that's it for as long as you leave that battery in the camera. Canon added that little gem to their firmware during an update over a year ago. Even so, the camera still reports the level of charge and gives a rating for recharge performance on each battery. Also, I can register the Wasabi batteries with the camera firmware so the camera can track the recharge performance.

I have two Wasabi chargers now and two Canon chargers. I mix and match the brands all the time with no noticeable difference in charging time or energy output. This is despite the fact that the Canon chargers are rated at 1.2 Amps output and the Wasabi chargers are 0.5 Amps.