Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor

Showing 1-10 of 1,456 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,523 reviews
on July 25, 2013
This video is on how to solve the problem with the Wasabi Power battery stuck in the charger. This is an EXTREMELY easy fix with no side effects!
But as for the product itself I am very happy with it so far! The batteries last a very long time because they sent me batteries with 1800 mAh! The charger is decent and it comes with adapters! You can NOT beat this price! I will definitely buy this product again!

I forgot to mention that there isn't a chip in the battery to tell you how charged it is. This can be a problem, but I've managed to get used to it.
3535 comments| 242 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2013
the batteries do what they are made to do! even comes with a car charger for when im on the go.

just a small catch about taking the batteries out of the charger, rock them to the left and right, dont try to take it out the way you put it in. it wasnt made for that and i can see some people getting mad and breaking the batteries.

if you look on the charger there is an arrow, this indicates that you rotate the battery that way to take it out.. i didnt see it at first haha
on April 2, 2017
I had great hopes when I bought this but it has been very disappointing.

1. You need a 2A 8V adapter to go with the charger, which didnt come with the package. I had to buy one separately.

2. I charged both the batteries to its full THREE times. BUT they are completely drained out in just a month of NO USAGE. In Contrast you charge a OEM Canon battery, that thing will be on for a long time.

3. Now I charged fully and kept it OUT of the camera and guess what, after few weeks, its drained too!!

I bought this in November and have been experimenting since then!

I just wonder if those positive reviews are really true!
on September 20, 2016
I managed to misplace my original camera battery charger for the EOS 600D a while ago. While I eventually found it, I’d already ordered a replacement. The Wasabi Power Battery and Charger works quite well. I was blown away by how cheap it was compared to other, similar products on Amazon. And it came with two batteries as well, something I didn’t need at the time, but definitely didn’t object to having. After casual use, I found they worked well. And as a casual user they were virtually indistinguishable from the Cannon batteries and charger.

However, a few weeks ago, I had to film a decent amount of footage for a team promotional video, which drained the camera battery quite quickly. The Wasabi batteries lasted about half as long each as the original battery did and took about as much time to recharge. Between the two of them and the original Cannon battery (and charger) I was able to shoot for eight hours or so, almost continuously, but the Wasabi batteries were clearly draining at a much faster rate. They each lasted about 40 minutes and took between 1-2 hours to recharge.

I would probably buy these batteries again, especially considering how much cheaper they are than others on the market, however you should be aware that they aren’t nearly as good as the original.

Note: Some of the kids on the team had some trouble with getting the batteries out of the charger. You have to push the battery backwards before you can lift it out. There are directions printed in the plastic, but you can’t actually see them when there’s a battery in it.
on June 15, 2013
I bought this, and it's good to have two backup batteries for the original Canon OEM battery. But I did some testing, and all is not quite as advertised. The Canon battery label says that it's 1120 mAh, and the Wasabi says that it's 2000 mAh. But I found that the Wasabi folks have rounded the number up -- way up.

I tested the batteries by photographing video continuously with a Canon T4i, with the LCD screen illuminated in live view. You can only shoot 30 minutes of video at a time, but I just started a new 30 minutes after each cycle. What I found was that you can shoot about 2 hours on a fresh charge with the Canon OEM battery, but closer to an hour and a half with the Wasabi. That's not bad, but my first battery will always be the OEM, with the Wasabis as backups.
These Wasabi Power batteries are great! I got them as an alternative to the pricey Canon brand battery for my t3i camera. I am very impressed with how long the batteries hold a charge. It seems to be just as long as the Canon battery. They lasted at least 2 days each, through heavy shooting/video recording while on a trip in Ireland. Once back home, I store them in my camera bag, and have been able to pull them out and pop them in the camera to take unplanned shots, and their charge is still full or at least 3/4 full after having sat in the bag for over a month or two without use! I highly recommend these!

I have noticed some people stating that they are having trouble taking the batteries off the charger. I can see where this may be an issue at first, but once you get the hang of where to press to disconnect them, it is not an issue. In fact, this should not dissuade anyone from purchasing the batteries. They are just secure on the charger.
on January 22, 2016
I purchased these batteries because my original ones had died. It was to be used on my Canon T2i. I took my equipment with me to New York to take some videos and photo's for my trip and as soon as both the batteries were charged i plugged them into my camera and BOTH batteries did not power up my camera. I borrowed another camera same model as mine to see if maybe my camera was broken and the same thing it didn't work. Then i tried an original battery that was from the second camera and both camera's worked. The batteries arrived brand new and both did not power up my Canon T2i (550D). I felt cheated for my money and couldn't return the product as i passed the deadline for returns. I would not buy these again. Beware when purchasing these, Test them right away to make sure they work. I should've done that before my trip but didn't because i have used amazon soo much and they are the best in service and products, didn't think they would send me a brand new product that was bad. I still love amazon and will continue to use them. I'll just be more adamant about testing right away, that way i could return the product asap. Bummer i wished it were a better story, but oh well it is what it is....
on July 15, 2016
These batteries perform just as well as Canon OEM batteries. The charger is great too. I love the convenience of the wall plug being right there. I like the car charger attachment too. I would definitely recommend these.

UPDATE 1 YEAR LATER

Above was my original, 5-star review. I wanted to give an update after 1 year of real world use. These batteries probably last half as long as the Canon OEM battery. I'm not sure what Canon does to their batteries, but they LAST. Over a year later, my Canon battery still packs a good punch. These? Not so much. The charger is nice, and I still like that. I can only recommend the batteries if you're desperate, though. If you can afford the OEM batteries, it's worth it in every single case for professional shooting. If you're just a hobbyist or beginner, you can get these. I also want to note 1 super annoying thing for professional camera users: the true battery reading is delayed. What I mean is, when you put a dead battery in (not knowing it's dead), it might show 3 full bars for as much as 30 seconds. I've been at gigs before where I throw a dead battery in to continue my shoot, only to find out 30 seconds later that I have to switch it out again. This never happens with Canon OEM batteries. Overall, I'd buy OEM batteries if you can afford them.
on December 16, 2016
Bought this more for the charger than the batteries, but this is a great combo deal.

I was concerned that this would charge slower than some of the other chargers out there, but when plugged into a good USB power source, it charges just as fast. This helps to reduce the bulk of the items that I have to carry around. I used two batteries at a shoot last night, and depleted them fully (about 3 hours of continuous video on a Canon T3i using magic lantern). Plugged them in to this charger, and both batteries were fully charged in less than an hour so.
I've had these batteries for four years and they are still going strong. These batteries are a must have for Canon Rebel shooters. They don't seem to last as long as the Canon branded battery but for two batteries and at least half the price of one branded battery, it's still a no-brainer.

The included charger works well enough but I hardly use it. The batteries fit just fine into the original battery charger and into my T3i. When I purchased it, they included two orange caps that I find handy since I keep them on batteries that are charged. It helps me keep track of charged and uncharged batteries and safely storing the batteries without taking up too much space.

Wasabi batteries are great and had no qualms purchasing their batteries for my mirrorless camera. Highly recommended.