Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for JVC BN-VH105 and JVC GC-XA1, GC-XA2 ADIXXION Action Camera
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on October 16, 2012
Who would have thought that this product works as well as the original battery (JVC). I wanted to buy another battery and decided to try this one, because the price is so incredible. I have never heard of this company and there were not many reviews, but I bought it anyway. Oh boy, am I glad I did. The batteries work GREAT, no problem at all and I would only buy these ones again and not the expensive version. The external AC charger is GREAT, so I can charge spare batteries while another one is in the camera. I'm no longer tied to the USB cable for charging. THANKS FOR THE AWESOME PRICE AND PRODUCT.
on April 22, 2013
Almost a 5 star... almost.
First off, the Wasabi power charger system is a modular system. This allows you to charge in a car or from a 110v outlet (and I suppose a 220v European outlet, since it comes with an adapter?) Anyway, the quality of the charger and the batteries are great.

The modular head design of the charger allows me to leave one charger in the car, and another in the house, taking the charger heads for the camera I am using that day to charge up my batteries on the fly or at home. This is very handy. I do wish they would have the heads available separately so I would not have to buy a complete charger for each, but having extras isn't bad, either.

The batteries themselves are first rate. This is my second Wasabi power set up (first was on my Sony camera, they work GREAT!) and the charging system is great as well. They hold as well as the OEM Sony and JVC units that I tried them against, with comparable run times. So good times there.

The ONLY problem is on my second camera, my JVC action cam. The batteries are great also, but the charger unit is for multiple batteries. With no markings to tell you that they work on multiple batteries. What is odd, with the changeable head design of the charger, one would think they would not build it for multiple battery types as well... still, some kind of marking that it also fit this battery would have been nice. As it was, I nearly sent it back because of that, before examining it one last time and having the "Aha!" moment. Understand, I am one of those guys who puts everything together and gets the call out from friends/family/others to fix stuff for them... so if I have a problem with it, I can only imagine what some non-techno type might be thinking...

So, 1 star deduct for that (sorry guys) on an otherwise superb product!
on January 19, 2013
Awesome Deal.. Great quality

2 batteries and a great charger with car apapter for the price of a replacment battery.

Great build quality.
on April 3, 2013
I bought these batteries and charger to keep me from cussing my new JVC action cam (15 min recording HD and the batteries are toast, but that is for another review). The charger is much wider than the battery and I assume it is "universal". There are three metal tabs on the left side and on the right with different +/- orientations. Look carefully at your battery to make sure you are putting the pluses and minuses on the right ones. Because the charger bay is wider than the battery there is nothing to hold the battery in when the charger is plugged into a wall outlet. Kinda big design flaw there! With a few rubber bands and some choice words I finally got the battery in and the light showed orange indicating charging, or I hope so since there was no instructions included in the package at all. The car charger is handy, but again with the terrible fit there is no telling where the batteries will end up when driving along the trail. More later if anything changes.
on May 6, 2014
I own 4 JVC GC-AX1, use all four at the same time. The JVC only take one size battery, no extended battery's available due the small compartment that the battery's fit in. This charger uses either a 110 wall mount or a car lighter, great for my on the go camera needs. The 2 extra battery's are also a big help. Quality is excellent and the battery's are rechargeable up to a hundred times.
on March 31, 2014
Fantastic! The JVC-XA1 does not have the greatest battery life, and the camera can not film (though I believe it can play back) when attached to the charging cord. The batteries charged very quickly and we were always able to have one in the camera, a spare, and one charging. A lifesaver, and so reasonable too!
on October 6, 2012
This is a great addition to the JVC camera. The batteries work quite well, and seem to have a similar working time as the factory cell. Also, the cigarette lighter adapter allows me to charge a battery while using the camera. Since the AC prongs fold away, I can use the outlet in my Tour Pac to charge a battery and change when I take a rest stop break. Great little package, and cheaper than one factory cell. I have a similar unit from this maker for my Drift camera and have had no problem with battery life or quality. No problems with buying for the new JVC and the quality is just as good.
on April 2, 2013
I give this 4 stars because for only $20, I got a battery charger with 2 batteries, a car charger, and this thing charges the OEM battery that came with my adixxion.

The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was because it seems like the batteries included with this kit did not last as long 2 hours like I expected. That may just be me and I've only tried them once. If it gets better, I will update my rating. However, with that being said, I still think it is a great deal. Especially because I now have 3 batteries and I won't miss much of the action if any of my batteries die.
on July 19, 2015
I wouldn't buy it again; less than a year after purchase, both batteries don't hold much of a charge; also, I dislike the charger for 2 reasons:

1) insertion of the battery into the charger is not sufficiently positive--there isn't a clear, tight 'click', so it's not very easy to tell if indeed, the battery has been correctly placed

2) it would be better if the luminous indicator on the charger gave an idea of the charging state: instead, once the battery has been put into the charger, the indicator turns green--and stays green, it doesn't go from red, to amber, and then to green, it's just green, 'charging', but at what level the charge is, only a clairvoyant would know.
on May 12, 2015
Great price on batteries that work at least as well as the JVC battery. Charger is AC/DC with the snap out prongs and the included cigarette plug. Other reviewers have commented that the charger is not specific to this battery, leading to some confusion about charging position. Both the charger and the battery have indicators for the "+" and "-" terminals. Just line up those with right spacing and polarity (see photos)
review image review image review image