Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 589 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 611 reviews
on January 5, 2013
First off, one of the primary reasons I am writing this review is because apparently the manufacturer offers buyers a $10 gift card if you write a positive review. You get a thank you note that comes with the product asking you to write a positive review in exchange for the gift card. Just thought that that was relevant information to disclose since the main reason I purchased the battery in the first place was because I noticed the overwhelming amount of positive reviews there were on the product page. Anyways, that being said I have been using the battery for a few months now and have found it to be a good quality product. It lasts noticeably outperforms the original Canon battery that comes with the camera. I would say it lasts probably about 33% longer, perhaps more. That being said it is a much better deal since it is also much less expensive. If Wasabi decides to go ahead and give me the $10 gift card when I send them the email with the title "10GC" I might just use it to purchase another one of their batteries! Actually I probably would.
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2012
I bought this kit for traveling purposes. I didn't want to haul the original battery and charger which can cost a fortune to replace if lost. These worked better because the batteries do lasts longer. I got them fully charged and played with it extensively and it seems to hold up much longer than the original Canon before the battery bar goes down. The kit also comes with a Euro AC adapter and a Car charger, but I bought it mainly because of the two 900mAh batteries compared to the 680mAh OEM Canon. The only downside is the bulky charger -- which emits a permanent green light with or without a battery lodged in. Actually, there are two lights, one turns amber while charging, then goes back to the (permanently lit) green when finished. It can also be a little tricky while trying to get the battery in and out.
on October 2, 2012
I bought a canon A4000 IS for a wedding in jamaica i was attending and lost the battery and charger on my way to the airport... talk about a bummer! when.i came back.to the states to replace it, the replacement battery and charger at best buy was $100 freakin dollars! the camera only cost me $150 to begin with. Found this great deal on.amazon and for 2 batteties and 2 chargers (car and outlet) and great delivery time (less than 1 week) my camera is like.new again..well it is new lol! i ordered through blue.nook! im gonna take a picture of the charger lol!
on July 8, 2017
Amazon says that I purchased this over 3 years ago. I am back on the page because I misplaced the charger and I am tired of looking for it, so I am buying another one, and I wanted to make sure I got the same brand. I have been very happy with the performance of both the charger and the 2 batteries. I also love having extra batteries. I carry my camera in my purse and like to have it ready at all times. I seldom have to change batteries, but it's nice to have a spare when you need it.
Wasabi batteries seem to have the same capacity as OEM batteries but these cost an average of 1/4 the price and come with a stand-alone charger that plugs in a wall or a 12V car outlet so there's no reason to ever buy OEM anymore! If Wasabi makes an aftermarket item I'd suggest trying it before you get OEM because I've already gotten 3 sets of 2 batteries for 2 different cameras of mine as well as a GoPro and I still haven't spent what I would have just to buy 1 OEM battery for my DSLR lol!
on May 3, 2017
I purchased this item about a year ago and charger has stopped working reliably. I often have to wedge something to make battery fit tight into charger, but even then, I will check a few minutes later and charging will have stopped. I've often taken a battery I thought was fully charged and gotten just a few photos before it showed dead. I'm going to give one of the other brands of replacement battery/chargers a try.
on March 28, 2016
Wasabi Power nailed it again. This brand never failed me. This is my 3rd battery (GoPro, Canon SLR and this) from Wasabi Power. Works pretty much the same as the original Canon battery with regards to battery life. But on how long will it last (lifetime of the battery) remains to be seen. With its price (about 60% cheaper than original Canon), you can't go wrong, especially if this is used as a spare battery.

Highly recommended.
on August 21, 2012
So far it has worked fine though I don't use the camera a lot (it was a replacement during a trip). My initial test showed it held charge at least as long as the new OEM that came with the camera. Whether it will continue to perform that way over time remains to be seen. I can get almost 2 hours of video (640x480 30fps) out of either one using the A3400IS.
on September 20, 2014
Perfect! I had ordered, with my camera, a supposedly compatible charger and an extra battery. The battery was already charged when I received the camera which was kind of strange, but who is going to complain. I didn't charge up the extra battery which was neglectful of me, but if I had, I would have discovered that the charger was not compatible with the batteries! The batteries fit into the charger, but the charging elements weren't placed in the spots where they would touch the spots necessary on the batteries. I didn't find this out until I shot a large amount of pictures at my granddaughter's wedding in Israel-thankfully I got a lot of pictures before the first battery ran out. The second battery, however, didn't last as long. I tired recharging it and even purchased a "universal" charger for the car in Israel but it didn't work either. I couldn't take pictures for the rest of my trip. When I got home, I went directly to Amazon to find a compatible charger. This one came with two batteries which I really don't need, but it was the only one that was right for my camera and didn't have a lot of extra doo-dads and gim-cracks that hiked up the price. What I really like about this charger is that it can be used in the car as well as at home and it fits the batteries I already have perfectly. It's a great buy and it doesn't hurt to have the extra batteries. I'm completely satisfied with this purchase and more because of the adapter that will allow me to charge the batteries in my car. You won't be disappointed.
on August 24, 2016
The battery started out giving juice for my normal day of used. Then in about a month the juice is diminished to just about what I was getting with the manufactured battery. I returned the battery.