Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 356 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 364 reviews
on May 5, 2014
I tested the batteries vs. a new Canon NB-6LH (1060mAh) in a Powershot 120.
Record length time (repeated twice) is below at 30fps, full HD video. Note that even after the camera shuts down due to low battery, it can be turned on and a second recording can be made. These numbers are below. The third recording is below 3 minutes with all batteries, so it was not reported. Numbers are minutes (rounded).
Canon: 29, 28
Wasabi #1: 24, 10
Wasabi #2: 27, 8

The Canon battery was able to record 57 minutes, and the Wasabi batteries were about 35 minutes. That's only about 60% of the capacity of a Canon battery. Considering the rated capacity is 1300 mAh, or 23% more than the Canon, obviously something is a little inconsistent! The Canon battery also weighs 21 gm, while the Wasabi is only 17 gm, so there is less Li-ion material. I did a couple of charge cycles before this test.

The charger seems to be fine -- warm but not hot. I tested it plugged in to a wall outlet, and in my car. Battery charged in 1 1/2 hour in the car, which is great when travelling. It is thicker than than the Canon charger, but a bit narrower.
on June 14, 2013
I got these batteries the day before my husband and I left for Yellowstone, just in time! I was hesitant about buying these because some reviews said they didn't fit the charger, but I've had no problems. They fit the charger, my original Canon battery fits this charger and they charged fairly quickly plugged into the 12V in the back of our Subaru as we were driving around Yellowstone for four days. This charger isn't quiet as secure as the original from Canon, it just has a slight lip at the bottom to hold the battery in. I think the battery bounced out of the charger once while we were driving, this could be solved with a rubber band around it though. I have not tried these batteries in the original charger. I think I ended up going through four batteries on our trip, taking mostly pictures in HQ burst mode and a few videos. I would have one battery in the camera a fresh one in my pocket and the other charging. For the price you can't beat these two batteries with the convenient car charger, a much better deal than the expensive name brand batteries. I also didn't have any problem with them fitting in my Canon PowerSHot SX260 HS.
I have ordered several Wasabi battery/charger bundles like this. They've always given me good products at a good price with quick shipping. A few reasons why:

(1) The battery cells are originally from Japan (before assembly into the battery pack).
(2) The batteries come with very useful plastic end-caps which protect the contacts from shorting out or getting dirty/corroded. (I usually put a rubber band around mine to keep them securely in place.) This is something missing from almost every other source (and they aren't pictured in the product photo, either!)
(3) The bundle includes a car adapter and international plug adapter so you can use the charger almost anywhere.

This time I charged one of the new Wasabi batteries with the Wasabi charger - and the other with the OEM Canon charger. Both took the same length of time.
on June 10, 2011
I ordered Charger kits from Wasabi for my Canon Vixia Video Camera and my Canon S95 still camera. I'm a photographer and have many chargers for all the different gear I use. So far I've been very impressed with both units from Wasabi - well made, fast charging times and the batteries hold an awesome charge. The stock battery for the S95 is 1000ma and these are 1300ma and so far they have not disappointed. The amazing part is I got the charger and two batteries for less than what Canon wanted just for the charger alone! PLUS - I got a cigarette lighter plug to use the charger while on the road, and an EU adapter for my European visits. AWESOME value! Come to think of it, I should probably get a few more chargers for my travel bag...
on March 13, 2017
Decent and convenient for backups.
on March 16, 2011
I have used both the Canon NB-6L 1000mAh and the Wasabi NB-6L 1300mAh batteries in the Canon S95.
The Wasabi battery definitely allows for more shots to be taken on the same camera settings and at 1/3 the cost of the Canon brand battery.
on March 16, 2011
I was skeptical at first but not anymore. The product came in a small box that fits the battery. The battery looks really well built with proper labeling and branding. It also fits into my camera perfectly just like the original am quite impress. No problem charging it. I have been taking some photos with it and to my surprise, it seems to last longer than the original. I will try to post some updates if this remains true after a few more uses. I'm glad I didn't get the original. At this price and performance, I am more than satisfied.
on December 2, 2011
This battery is great for when you kill your first battery and still are halfway through a day and still want to take photos with no outlet nearby. This has been a life saver to me a couple times and sometimes its just nice to alternate between this battery and the battery that comes with the camera. The shipping is simple, inside a simple mailcard-like thing with bubbles. There is no problem with the battery either not fitting in the, being loose, or being a bit too big but just right.
If you want an spare battery just in case your other battery dies, then get this battery because 1. its cheaper than cannon's 2. it lasts a bit longer than canon's
on March 22, 2013
I am sure the batteries themselves are fine, as I have owned Wasabi in the past, but I am writing this review to let you know that I have ordered this product twice in the past couple of weeks, and both times the charger supplied in the package did not fit the batteries. (The batteries fit in the camera though.) I returned the first order and hoped it was just a one-time fluke; however, the second package that just arrived yesterday also had the same problem. Please review your stock on-hand so that others do not have this problem. For now, I'm going to need to order a different brand.
on April 17, 2012
Charger worked on the Wasabi batteries as well as the OEM Canon battery on my Canon SX260. Wasabi Batteries fit the camera and work well. Blue Nook shipping was very fast. Overall - a great bargain.