Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 7, 2011
I bought the Sony DSC-TX9. Did a search for nice alternatives for the retail Sony NP-BN1, and these were the best deal! Not only are the batteries much cheaper, but have a larger capacity. Using the conversion 'amp = watt / volt' to convert Sony capacity to Wasabi: Ah = 3.4Wh / 3.6V, Ah = 0.944. (mAh = 0.944Ah x 1000) So the Sony capacity is 944.44mAh, vs. Wasabi at 1200mAh.
64 helpful votes
65 helpful votes
on March 4, 2016
Update:

I've been using these batteries for five months and have ran into no heat issues. I would consider my original review comments below only applicable if you're actually continuously shooting video for a full 29 minutes. I use the camera to film my son's basketball games. So I'm only recording for 5-10 minutes at a time (turning my camera off during timeouts). I swap out batteries at half time. With that usage pattern, these batteries have worked flawlessly. They seem to last just as long as the original Sony battery.

Original Review:

These batteries work in my Sony CyberShot DSC-WX220 camera. However, testing shows that they get hotter than my Sony battery when shooting video. I took continuous 1080p 60fps video with each battery. First video goes for 29min then second video runs until battery is depleted. Tests also show that the Wasabi Power batteries do not last any longer than the Sony battery. Here are the results:

Sony: 51min
Wasabi Power #1: 48 min
Wasabi Power #2: 52min

I never had any temperature warning with the Sony battery. The battery depleted at 22min of the second video. The first Wasabi Power battery was near depletion at 19min of second video when temperature warning icon showed up. I turned the camera off at that point. I thought it might have to do with testing back-to-back so I waited a day to test the second Wasabi Power battery. With that battery, the temperature warning icon showed up at 29min of first video so I turned it off for a half hour. Then I started second video and at 23min of second video the temperature warning icon showed up and within seconds the battery was depleted and the camera turned off.

I also tested charging from a fully depleted state. These are the results:

Sony: 91 min
Wasabi Power #1: 75 min
Wasabi Power #2: 83 min

The Sony battery was charged in the camera connected to a 500mA USB power adapter. The Wasabi Power batteries were charged using the supplied charger. There is not a significant difference between the two. I did not test the Sony battery in the supplied charger as I'm still a little paranoid about it's quality.
4 helpful votes
on March 15, 2013
I recently purchased a Sony DSC WX150 digital camera. It did not come with an off-camera charger. Also, I wanted to obtain an extra battery. While surfing Amazon, I discovered this incredible package. For only $19.99 you receive the charger, two (wow) batteries, European adapter and car charger. I saw the battery alone for sale in a retail electronics store for $49.95. It would have cost me over $120.00 for what I received for just 20 bucks with this package....the battery charger does a great job charging the supplied batteries and the Sony battery that came with the camera. The charge holds just fine, the generic battery fits perfectly into the camera. I have no opportunity to test the European adapter, and I will soon try the car adapter. I will update this review if any problems are encountered. Also, I commend Amazon and the vendor for incredibly fast shipping! If you have not tried the Amazon Prime membership, it is more than worth it as you receive the merchandise at blazing speed plus many incredible extras! All in all, great product, fabulous service and the results are exceptional. You will be all set up to record copious amounts of digital shots without having to worry about battery life. Highly recommend!
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on May 14, 2011
It's amazing that on amazon I can buy two batteries and a charger with a cigarette lighter attachment for only $25 when just one sony battery cost 30 or more. I bought it for the Sony Cyber-shot TX10 and so far every thing works fine. The batteries charge up super fast and from what I can see so far they last longer. I've yet to get to really test them as far as endurence to really say but I will update after further review. If you own a sony camera don't buy sony batteries buy wasabi, it's a wonderful deal and I recomend to any and everybody.
30 helpful votes
31 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
Works as good as OEM Sony batteries, but cost 1/5 the price LOL!! Wasabi aftermarket batteries and chargers seem to be the same quality and capacity as OEM for my Sony camera, my friend's Canon camera, and my other friend's GoPro so with a performance sample from 3 completely different brands of electronics I'm only buying from Wasabi from now on. $39.99 for 1 OEM Sony battery, or 2x Wasabi batteries + a charger for $19.99? That's not a difficult decision when both hold the same charge and function identically!
0Comment|Report abuse
This Charger is great .... You Can use it both ways...... in the car..... or at home.
The charge light is amber when the battery needs a charge .... turns green when fully charged.... thought that was cool.
Batteries fit in the charger without any troubles.... After Using the camera all day, over seventy five photos taken, the Battery is half way on the meter, (charged) It takes about an hour, and five minutes to charge the battery back to full charge. THAT"S Very good in my book.. It's a good deal.
Thanks Guys for being so prompt with my order....
on June 14, 2014
The price is very good at the price, less than the price of two Sony OEM batteries but a PLUS you get the charger and car adapter. The only tricky part is the capacity: some one calculates that Wasabi one has larger capacity than OEM one but in real world the difference is not much bigger.

I used the both fully charged batteries of the one came with the DSC-WX80 and one from Wasabi to record the video in AVCHD format, the camera's highest resolution. Each battery lasts only about 1 hour though I have to resume the recording about every 30 minutes which I think it is sort of limitation of the size of video file about 2G. I tried twice and got same result. This is the only reason I take one star away.

The charger is great too. It is very convenient to charge the batteries with LED indication.
on October 2, 2017
These batteries lasted less than 5 minutes before dying. I charged them and retried it several times but these are trash for my Sony Camera. Funny enough I bought the Wasabi batteries for my Gopro 4 and they were EXCELLENT which is why I bought them for extra batteries for my Sony camera and they won't last more than 5 minutes before dying. Definitely would NOT buy their batteries for cameras again....very shocked!
on July 30, 2014
Bought these to provide additional batteries for my camera. They work, but seem to hold a little less charge than the original battery. I like how they include individual plastic cases, so you can keep the batteries protected and clean until you need to use them.

They can be charged in the original charger, and the OEM battery can be charged in this charger.

Considering the OEM battery costs more than this entire kit, I think having three batteries (OEM, and two aftermarket) plus an additional charger is worth it versus paying the asking price of the OEM batteries, even though the battery life is slightly less.

The quality of them feel OK (other than the shorter life) and they don't feel cheap and crappy like a Chinese no-name one. The charger, however, isn't the highest-quality. It will charge the batteries, but does not feel like it's a very good or durable unit.
on November 12, 2012
Having a standby camera battery is essential when taking a lot of pictures during our travel. In many situations I found out that I do need this extra battery, so I ordered this Wasabi Power package that consists of two batteries and a charger for both of our WX-150 Sony cameras. We received the package faster than expected and it is exactly as described on Amazon's web site. The camera did not know the difference between these batteries and the original Sony battery, except for the longer running time due to their higher capacity. The charger is convenient to carry around, it does not have cables to occupy room and weight and its power prongs hide conveniently within the body of the charger. Also, a car battery adapter is included so the charger can be used in the car as well. I recommend this package to anyone who takes a lot of pictures away from home.
4 helpful votes