|Item Weight||14.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9 x 9 x 14.2 inches|
|Item model number||L-8000|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||LIFETIME In-Home Warranty, Lifetime Corrosion Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.69 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Waste King L-8000 Legend Series 1.0-Horsepower Continuous-Feed Garbage Disposal
|Price:||$136.04 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Want this professionally installed?
- Service provided by a local pro
- Removal of old disposal
- Mounting and wiring 1 new disposal
- Connection of drain lines and existing electrical
- Unit test and clean up
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1.0-horsepower motor with a high speed of 2800 rpm
- Stainless steel swivel impellers reduce jamming and a removable splash guard makes it easy to clean
- Insulated stainless steel grinding components reduce noise
- Fast-and-easy mount system includes all the necessary hardware for hassle-free installation, including drain elbow and gasket.
- Rust free grinding components with a lifetime warranty against corrosion
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Experience a More Powerful Grind
Featuring an energy-efficient, high-speed, 2,800 RPM 'Vortex' permanent magnet motor, the Legend 8000 offers more power per pound than comparative disposers. This 1.0-horsepower motor will grind just about anything, and it requires 115 volts, 60 Hertz, and 7.0 current-amps to operate.
Jam-Free, Mess-Free Feeds
The Legend 8000 is a continuous-feed disposal, which means you can add waste while the unit runs. Stainless steel swivel impellers reduce jamming, and an easily removable splash guard makes it easy to clean.
Grinding Components Minimize Noise and Wear
Because the Legend 8000's grinding chamber is made of glass-filled nylon, you will never have to worry about corrosion. Also, the stainless steel grinding components are insulated, so you'll get the quietest grind possible.
Easy Installation; Works with Septic Tanks
The Waste King Legend 8000 includes a fast-and-easy mount system, with all the necessary hardware for no-hassle installation. The disposer is safe for properly sized septic tanks and comes with a 36-inch power cord.
Lifetime In-Home Service Warranty
The Waste King Legend 8000 is backed by a limited mechanical warranty. This means that if your disposal develops a material or mechanical defect within the lifetime of the original purchaser, it will be replaced in your home--free of charge. The disposer also comes with a lifetime warranty against corrosion.
What's in the Box
The Waste King Legend 8000 1.0-horsepower disposal, mounting hardware, and power cord.
Top Customer Reviews
Here are some facts:
1. This unit replaced a Badger-1 disposal which had come with our house when we bought it new in 2004. I didn't even know what type we had until I took it out. We had been happy with the Badger but it eventually stopped working. Doing some research after-the-fact, I learn the Badger-1 only has a 1/3 hp motor and 1 year warranty. The Waste King L-8000 has a full 1 hp motor and a lifetime (non-transferable) warranty.
2. Though the Badger-1 only had 1/3 of the power of the L-8000, the Waste King was actually quieter. We didn't think either of them was loud, but the Waste King was even quieter.
3. There are basically two types of disposal mounts nowadays. If you have an existing disposal, the odds are nearly 100% that it's installed utilizing either a 3-bolt mount system or the EZ mount system. If you are planning to replace a disposal that required a 3-bolt mount system (such as the Badger-1) with a disposal that requires the EZ mount system (such as the Waste King) you will also need to purchase the following adapter kit: Anaheim Mfg Co 3 Bolt Mount Adapter Kit 3101.
* The above adapter kit is sold here on Amazon for less than $10 and is very easy to install. All you do is swap out two pieces that came with your EZ mount disposal with the two pieces in the kit. You will then be able to connect your new EZ mount disposal to a sink that contains 3-bolt mount hardware. On a scale of 1-10, I would say that the difficulty factor was a 1 or 2. Easy! Additionally, Anaheim Mfg Co (the company that makes the adapter kit) is the same company that manufactures Waste King disposals. So, everything fit perfectly and effortlessly.
4.Read more ›
With the garbage disposal shopping, I quickly learned that the big brands are Waste King and Sinkerator and that those were the two best places to start. After going over several models and two trips to two separate best buys (who, by the way, really need to amp up their customer service model) I cheated and had my mom choose one for me. Sue me. So she chose this particular brand, and wow—it works really well, I can’t believe how easy it makes my life. I can put bones, and tough food products down the disposal, and it makes cooking really simple. Go figure.
Update: As an aside, I also learned from my research that the best way to clean my disposal is to use citric acid. Having previously had no idea what citric acid was used for, I decided to order some from Amazon, going with the brand my sister uses: Citric Acid Powder - Ultra Fine Pure Powdered Crystals - Natural Preservative Food Grade Quality (16 oz) and gave it a whirl after 3 months of using my disposal. I let the citric acid sit with some water in the disposal for about ten minutes, and then I let it run for a solid 2 minutes. I repeated the procedure a few times and after about 30 minutes—wow, all the leftover gunk and food was flushed out of the disposal, leaving it clean with a very mild citrus scent. I feel like I’m becoming a real DIY at home kind of guy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Leaked water out of the box. Installed by professional plumber.Published 5 hours ago by Kindle Customer
It was easy to install and runs quietly. I wish it the directions stated that the splash guard and stopper were included as I purchased and extra set without knowing.Published 1 day ago by Matthew Nypaver
Easy to install thanks to the clear instructions and works as advertised. This thing a is a beast compared to the previous 1/3 horsepower disposal.Published 1 day ago by G.
Installation was very easy and the unit has chewed up everything we have put in it without any issues. Would recommend.Published 2 days ago by jdaysy
Great value pump, Works as advertised and hopefully provides years of use.Published 2 days ago by DF