- Series: Oxford Modern Languages and Literature Monographs
- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 1 edition (March 25, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0199267545
- ISBN-13: 978-0199267545
- Product Dimensions: 8.6 x 0.8 x 5.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.9 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #15,905,432 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Wasting Heroine in German Fiction by Women 1770-1914 (Oxford Modern Languages and Literature Monographs) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
"The study is impressive in its breadth and depth. Richard elucidates a topic of concern to women today, as the gendered aetiology of depression, for example, indicates.... It systematically traces the trope of illness and health over a century and digests the existing secondary literature in elegant prose. Wasting Heroine contributes much needed literary and historical research on the gendered nature of health."--German Studies Review
Browse award-winning titles. See more