Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 225 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 243 reviews
on October 31, 2013
I agonized over whether to buy this or the brass-die version. Glad I went with this one. The nylon dies are tough enough to do the job, but gentle on the watch. Using a "cupped" die on one side, the same diameter as the watch face, and a flat die on the watch back side, a gentle press clicked the back into place on a watch that has been worthless for months because I couldn't reset the back after replacing the battery. Quality was good--no paint defects, sturdy, and it can be used either sitting on a workbench or held in the hands.
on November 8, 2013
It does the job but is not a commercial grade product. Great for DIY or small store. I did three watches without any trouble. The dies are plastic/nylon and it is hard to match up the sizes. They are marked but you need a magnifying glass to read it. I used a felt marker to mark them for later use. It is much safer to use than a hammer. It will pay for itself after 3 or 4 watches if you buy the batteries online at 1/3 the cost of retail stores.
on March 21, 2016
It works as expected. The nylon dies fit the most common sizes of watches. I used it for my office watch and it perfectly sealed my watch properly after changing the battery. I didn't exert much effort on the lever to snap in the back cover of my watch. There were no safety measure to prevent you from pressing the lever to hard to break the glass of the watch. You just have to be careful on using this. The quality of the product is great. It's sturdy and lays flat. This is one of those product that I bought but will seldom used. I used it when I changed 4 of my office watches' battery so it already pay its worth. It's okay if you have a lot of watches that you want to change battery with. However, I'm not comfortable using this on my more expensive watch.
on September 7, 2015
Simple to use with a variety of die sizes. It did close a watch that I could not get closed after a battery change, so it certainly does the intended job, but I believe it won't work on watches with odd shaped backs unless they fit within the area of one of the normal dies. I think you could work around this by cutting a custom piece of hard plastic that matched the back shape, then use an appropriate size of one of the included dies.

Overall I think this is a good buy and it is well made. If you have several watches in the family it will be far cheaper to buy the batteries and change them yourself. Be sure to clean the watch outside before opening, and clean the O-ring area and watch sealing area (damp Q-tip works well) before resealing.
on November 13, 2016
Does the job of fastening and securing those snap on Backs to your Watch that are otherwise nearly impossible to get back on unless you have this tool. Rating a (4) versus a (5) only because you must be careful to use the exact, or close to exact size Nylon Die (if possible) with only enough pressure to prevent a flattening or distortion of the Watches Back Plate, or applying too much pressure on the Watches Front Crystal. The how much pressure is enough "can not be set" via a set stop on the tool. Ensure your Watch is perfectly centered in the as-close-to-appropriate size Die, and just be observant and cautious when using.
on December 21, 2014
After my husband broke our daughter's watch trying to get the back of the case on again after replacing the battery, when the battery in my similar watch died, I took it to a store to have the battery replaced. They used something like this to get the back of the case on, so I immediately came home and looked for something similar on Amazon. While this is not the fanciest or best made tool, it does the job just fine. It comes with multiple inserts to fit all different sized watches. We replaced batteries in five different watches (men's and women's) of all different shapes, sizes, types of bands, etc., and it snapped the case on quickly and easily on all of them. We found an insert size to work with all of the watches we had. This is well worth the money if you replace the batteries in your watches, and it is much cheaper than buying even one new watch when the glass on the front breaks trying to get the case on with anything but this press.
on July 21, 2014
My wife and my daughters have a bunch of watches and from time to time I need to go to a flea market to get some batteries, every trip I end paying around $50. I saw a set of tools here in Amazon for about $7 and I decided to give it a try, when I got it I start opening some watches and buying the batteries here at Amazon, and I am sure now that it is a deal DIY, but I got a couple of watches that I couldn't close, I though there were something wrong with the watches until I saw a video on YouTube, so I came back to Amazon saw this press, I started reading some review and decide to buy it, I tried with both watches and I was able to close the watches in the first try, I was so excited, that I decided to come right away to Amazon to let my review. I works perfect
on November 9, 2014
I have over 10 watches and going to the jeweler every time I needed to replace a watch battery was getting both expensive and time consuming. I recently tried replacing the battery in my Movado watch. I removed the back casing with little problems, replaced the battery but I could not get the back casing back on. Every time I got one end in the other end popped out. I was getting very frustrated.
After spending over a half hour trying to get the case in place. I went on Amazon and found this Watch Press at a very reasonable price. I figured I would buy it and give it a try. Well, after installing the right size die for my watch, I popped the back plate in. It only took a second. I also tried it on my girlfriends watch with the same success.The Nylon Dies make it impossible to scratch or damage the watch.
It's a Great Tool to own if you watch to replace your watch batteries yourself.
on October 21, 2013
Over the years, I've accumulated a goodly number of watches that have been languishing in a drawer. For the ones with the pop off backs, I opened them up and made a note of the battery numbers. From an online site, I ordered the various ones I needed (for cheap!) and in a few days they arrived. For the most part, installing the batteries was pretty straightforward. It was pretty amazing seeing the second hand moving each time I put in a new battery! Enter the watch case press! First, I tried to snap the backs on a few watches using just thumb pressure. Mostly, it was a no-go. When I inserted the proper upper (and lower) dies in the press and used a bit of pressure, each back pressed correctly into the case with a satisfying "snap." This press is a well-made metal casting and should last a lifetime. It has just two moving parts: the handle and the downward ram that seats the watch back. The dies, made of Nylon, will never wear out and they serve to protect the watch face and back from scratching. Since I've already fixed about six watches, this machine has more than paid for itself! After using this press for a few times, you'll soon be a pro and have a nice comfort level about keeping your favorite watches running. Highly recommend!
on January 28, 2014
I bought this to press the backing back on two of my watches. It arrived perfectly fine with no chips or messed packaging. In less than 2 mins I had both backs on the watch with minimally effort. Very easy to use and works great. You need to remember that you are working n watches not heavy machinery so be careful when putting backing o n the watch and do not force anything or apply to much pressure.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question