Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on September 6, 2014
Love it!
VINE VOICEon October 8, 2011
Set against the backdrop of post-Katrina New Orleans, this page-turning psychological suspense novel had me biting my nails throughout.

Protagonist Mira Gallier, whose husband Jeff died during Katrina, restores stained glass windows--in churches and in homes--and had just finished restoring the windows at Sisters of Mercy. Now detectives Spencer Malone and Tony Sciame are at the scene of the brutal slaying of Father Girod, surrounded by the destruction of those stained glass windows--by Graffiti.

Next begins a horrific series of events, all seemingly connected in some way to Mira Gallier, and the killer seems hell-bent on squashing demons only he can see. As the body count increases, the methods used by the killer differ just enough to make it hard to zero in on the murderer.

Because of strange happenings at Mira's home and art studio, the detectives even suspect her for awhile. The search broadens, but it will take many pages and many events before the reader will know who it is.

What, if anything, does Mira's deceased husband Jeff have to do with any of these events? Is his friend Connor, who is in love with Mira, somehow connected? And what about Mira's therapist, whose name she got from someone she now believes to be her enemy?

There are many characters that fall under suspicion, including one of the detectives on the case. We look here, and then there, misdirected by events as they unfold in a twisted and convoluted way. Will the killer be the last person one would expect?

I liked Mira and Detective Malone a lot...and really didn't like one of the detectives. I had my suspicions about almost everyone at one point or another, which was a good device for the author to use. As the threads of the story come together, we see that parts of it had nothing to do with the murders, but more to do with the psychological after-effects of Katrina.

Five stars for Watch Me Die!
on March 15, 2012
I am a big fan of Erica Spindler and this book was fantastic. She has a way of getting you hooked on the people in her books at the very beginning and then writes with such talent that you don't want to put the book down. This book was no exception. Believable characters and enough spins on the outcome that you are still guessing at then end but not to a point where the outcome is totally ridiculous. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone looking for a great book!
on October 12, 2014
While I love Ms. Spindler's book, I wanted to give this one 4 1/2 but since we can't I can only give it a four. While I liked the book the book and the storyline, when I got to the end, I didn't understand how or why the killer targeted the main character. In all of the other books I have read of hers the killer and the main victim have some sort of past relationship that intersects their lives somehow, but in this one it just seemed sort of random.
on June 25, 2011
I am not going to give a book report here as I don't feel the need to describe the whole book to someone who might want to read it and have the mystery solved before they buy the book. It was another great book by this author. I did not think anything about the plot was predictable. Thought it had many twists and turns and actually I did not figure it out until near the end.
on April 14, 2012
Erica Spindler does a superb job with her novel Watch Me Die.

After losing her thought-to -be perfect husband during Hurricane Katrina, Mira's life was in a downward spiral. Finally, Mira felt she was gaining control once again until her past comes back to haunt her. Mira, an artist by trade, restored stained-glass windows in a church and now those windows have been ruined, and the priest from the parish murdered. Mira was devastated by this, but it turned out this was only the beginning. Others are dying and it seems Mira has a connection to all of them. While she is certainly a person of interest, a man from her past comes back into town and all eyes turn to him as a potential suspect. Spencer Malone is put on the case to sort everything out. Will he be able to put the pieces together before it is Mira's turn to die?
on January 16, 2014
I am a huge Spindler fan and have read many of her books. This one was just as great! The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because it started very slow. Normally I don't have a hard time getting into her books but this one took a little longer to get going, but once it did it was just as good as the rest!!
on February 16, 2014
I haven't read Erica Spindler in awhile and I enjoyed this book a lot. Fast paced and full of suspense. I just thought the culprit was a bit too easy to figure out and the ending left me a bit cold. It felt rushed and unrealistic.
on September 15, 2011
I have been a fan of Erica Spinder's for a while. I met her and got a signed copy of her book DEAD RUN back in 2003. I worked for a national book distributor and we were having our annual trade show and she was one of the guest authors there. I didn't really know much about her and had never read any of her books, so I didn't really have much to say to her when I met her. Boy I wish I could change that! I read DEAD RUN and was entralled. I had to get all of her previous suspense books (no romance, please!), and read them all and make sure I get her newest book every year.

WATCH ME DIE is set in New Orleans (it's been too long away, since 2007's LAST KNOWM VICTIM), and it is great to have a story set there again. The book is fast-paced, suspenseful, and creepy. The story is great and being set in New Orleans, is still dealing with the aftermath, even after 6 years, of the affects of Hurricane Katrina.

I highly, highly, highly recommend Erica Spindler to be added to your reading list. She is so much better than her books sales reflect. I wish her publisher did a better job of promoting her. I know with her old publisher her new hardcover books were available in mass market stores but with her current publisher she is only available online and in book stores. I know in the age of e-readers this should not matter, but I still think it does.

Give Erica Spindler a try, you will not be dissappointed!
on January 5, 2014
I started reading this book on a Sunday morning and couldn't put it down. I finished it late Sunday afternoon. Great story with just the right amount of suspense and mystery. Erica Spindler weaves a perfect whodunit novel. Loved it.