- File Size: 380 KB
- Print Length: 20 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Electric Literature; 1 edition (May 21, 2012)
- Publication Date: May 21, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0085CDJW6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #901,711 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Watching Mysteries With My Mother (Kindle Single) (Electric Literature's Recommended Reading Book 1) Kindle Edition
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I really liked this book. A lot. The thoughts were fresh and wry enough to entrance me into following his ways of thinking. Yet they resonate in a way that tells me I have followed that line of thought myself. Recommend highly.
And then, as he's thinking about death, he begins to turn over some of the cliches our language has collected about death.
Marcus is hilarious when taking expressions literally, pulling them apart, finding scraps of meaning and revelation.
All that makes for a story that's funny and interesting and reaches out to pluck our common cord of wonder about our own mortality.
Fantastic piece. I've been sending it to friends for weeks now.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Slow and methodical. Starts of slow. Gets a little better. Never makes it to being very good. But it does give you a feeling why he watched mysteries with his mother.Published on February 10, 2013 by Neil
I usually won't read 1 star reviews, let alone use them to make a decision. This book I had to stop reading.Published on January 4, 2013 by Mickey J Juracek
I didn't find anything to like. It just rambled on and on, with no redeeming value. Sorry, Ben Marcus, but I didn't get it at all.Published on January 1, 2013 by Ninny
Was not sure about this, but I find that I am enjoying it. Thank you. Believe I will be satisfied with it.Published on December 23, 2012 by L. Patterson
Very boring story. Not worth my time to read. Not well enough written to pass my creative writing at the high school level. level.Published on December 12, 2012 by Wilma Cassibry
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Singles > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Literary Fiction > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors