- Hardcover: 448 pages
- Publisher: Sotheby Parke Bernet Pubns (February 1982)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0856671509
- ISBN-13: 978-0856671500
- Product Dimensions: 10.4 x 7.7 x 1.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,107,812 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Watchmaking Hardcover – February, 1982
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
And the motherlode: color photos of every important watch he has made AND hundreds upon hundreds of detail photos of various sections of the watches AND color photos of every piece of every movement! Just a cursory glance at just the unusual or beautiful photos takes hours!
I bought it because I thought it might help me get a start at cutting my own wheels (I want to build my own movement). But what I got was everything just short of George coming to my house and holding my hand. Unbelievable.
Buy this book if you want to work on watches. Buy this book if you want to look at pretty watches. Buy this book if you want to see the pinacle of engineering documentation. Buy this book!