Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 886 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,695 reviews
on May 19, 2014
I never read comics when I was growing up, but the more superhero movies I see, the more I am interested in the full stories. I picked this up because it seemed manageable (instead of having to look for dozens of issues and volumes like some series). I like the artwork, and I like that we get good background development on the characters. The flashbacks are really helpful in fleshing out the characters.
on June 23, 2017
I know this is regarded by some as the best comic series ever but to me it felt a little anticlimactic. Yes, it looks great, the story is good and they use the medium in many clever ways. But even though I enjoyed it, the overall package just didn't live up to the hype.
on March 18, 2009
I picked this up so I could read in prep for the movie. My first "graphic novel" other than "comic books" back in my younger days. Overall I found this a very good Sci-Fi adventure. Storyline is as noted, about a 1980's US in which Superheroes have been outlawed and Nixon is still the President. The story includes some very likable characters, as well as some pretty neurotic ones too.

I'd recommend it if you've never read a graphic novel and want to try one out. It's a decent story for Sci-Fi buffs too, although maybe lacking a bit of depth you'd normally get in a full length novel.

Some nice plot twist to keep you interested / guessing. Takes you back to the Cold War era and the brink of the ultimate showdown.

This is definitely not a "comic book" meant for kids, teenagers perhaps. It's definitely a graphic novel with a mature storyline (murder, violence, gore, reference to rape, etc.).

I docked it one star because, although the ending was good, it seemed to fizzle a bit and I found it lacking the power the rest of the novel exhibited.
on January 22, 2017
As a young man growing up reading comic books, I always favored the heroes. The older I got, the darker the reading material got. I began to discover the importance of the evil perspective. Watchmen captures the reality of vigilantes who suffer P.T.S.D. & mental stress from doing good. I highly recommend this book to anyone who seeks a sense of reality in comic books.
on January 28, 2016
This is a well writing piece of graphic art. The story was interesting from the beginning to the end. Unlike other mainstream comics books, this graphic novel get in detail in the ordinary life of the super heroes. From personal problems, love situations and the question of meaning of life. Absolutely I recommend this book. The motion picture movie do not get closed to this book.
on February 12, 2016
This was the first comic book I ever read. Truly amazing. The art is great. The character building it perfect. That story was wonderful. I actually bought this copy as a birthday present for my sister who is going through a bit of a super hero kick and she loved it!
on September 11, 2017
Great new addition to my comic collection. I've read Watchmen many times before but never owned my own copy. When I say this beautiful edition I knew I had to have it. Quality is fantastic and should hold up beautifully through multiple reads. The additional drawings and sketches at the end are a comic nerds dream, so cool. I highly recommend this edition.
on December 12, 2012
I recently started diving into the comic book and graphic novel genre and decided to pick up this highly rated mini-series. I was not disappointed. This is great introduction to the genre with great storytelling and intricate character development. The book collects the 12-issue mini-series and is a great-value offered in paperback format. I've always preferred this over hardcover alternatives. The story line is extremely captivating. In fact it was so good that I decided to pickup the Blu-ray and am now keeping up with the new Before Watchmen mini-series which deep-dives into the individual characters. Definitely worth picking up even if you're just getting into the comics genre. A great introduction and a great value.
on September 9, 2015
Excellent storytelling by Alan Moore. A clearly distinct story full of sex, violence, and ambiguity. Although, I prefer the ending of the movie, this classic novel introduced the modern age of comics by shedding off the pg-13 storied and opening up the readers to a more realistic view of humanity.
on May 21, 2017
An absolutely iconic graphic novel, provided me with quite a bit of thought provoking entertainment. This story is most definitely not your average comic book (even though I am a fan of your average comic books). It takes a step beyond, I absolutely recommend it to anyone that is even slightly interested.