BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on April 26, 2015
Not bad, not great. It's about a captain who goes insane after drinking too much salt water after his ship sinks. Tragic ending.
on December 18, 2016
This was an example of read the reviews before you buy. I was expecting to see a 90 minute movie, not a 25 minute movie. When in the advertisement for this movie on amazon it claims this to be "epic", I felt after watching it was a little less than.
on December 12, 2015
I'm sure this will make Watchmen zealots salivate, but I found it somewhat lacking. I can't put it specifically, but the reading was more effective and, animation wise, it was somewhat lacking. I'm always comparing with what's been acomplished by anime, and I'm still not convinced by this style, but it carries the story.
on May 29, 2015
short film. Like a comic book type animation. Def recommend for the die hard watchmen fan! Lots of extras including making of film.
on August 21, 2009
As a newly introduced fan to the Watchmen Comic novel, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the Captain's tale against the Black Freighter but I appreciated the story even more so in the "Watchmen Motion Comic" because one could see the parallels in both stories. That of the captain and the watchmen.

"Under the Hood" was also pretty good. For those of you who have only seen the movie, you will enjoy it because it tells the story of the original super heroes "The Minute Men."

So again, watchmen fan, must have. Not that big of a fan, not so much!!!!!

You decide....
on July 30, 2017
Good story very short for the price
on April 14, 2017
I liked how the art of it was different. it was good!
on December 23, 2016
This arrived right on time...Im impressed. Good job
on May 18, 2009
Before I ever sat down in a movie theater to the "Watchmen" motion picture I read through the Watchmen Graphic Novel. When I did so I was introduced to the concept of a superhero that does not always do the right things and does not always save the world without so much as a single casualty. I was introduced to men and women who are flawed in many ways, but who had the skills and the charisma to do what they considered the right thing to do for the benefit of the world's people's. Within the pages of Watchmen was a side story that mirrored the main story and it was called "Tales of the Black Freighter." Though I read through the story of a shipwrecked sea captain whose determination to save his loved ones drove him to the brink, I felt that the dvd brought new life to the story. In the graphic novel you are focused on the Watchmen story while this other one slides in and out of focus. With the story being told in one cohesive storyline along with Gerard Butlers emotional narration made me really feel and care for this story and its bitter ending. I would also suggest this dvd for people who are also just simply looking for good emotional story telling. The "Under The Hood" documentry ,if that is what you could call it,is also an interesting piece to watch for fans of the movie or graphic novel and it also makes this alternate timeline that the novel and movie are based around feel real by adding in commercial breaks with referances for people who know their "Watchmen."
on June 10, 2013
It was very different from the movie from Zack Snyder but I still liked it. I had to watch it twice to really get a full understanding of it. What I didn't like is that the movie is only about 30 minutes long.