Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 187 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 271 reviews
on October 12, 2016
I haven’t read Fire Bound yet and I don’t know when Bound Together is supposed to come out but so far, this is my favorite Sisters of the Heart book. I love that this book starts pretty much where Hidden Currents left off, making it impossible to really get this book without reading the Drake Sisters.

I also really love the fact that the author keeps Jonas involved.

The fact that Rikki was different and still made a life for herself just makes this book different from her others and I love the way this book came out. Even in her Dark books with one woman blind and the other mute, they weren’t born like that. This is just a special book for me.

The writing is just amazing for this story, the cover and the picture on the inside are both beautiful and does not disappoint, it looks like a great story and that’s exactly what it is. The pace is perfect, a little bit of slow healing, character building and just the right amount of action.

I can’t wait until Bound Together comes out, I really hope it doesn’t fall short when everyone meets up.

Everything just flowed and fit like a good movie or show. Would very much recommend this series to any romance lovers.
on January 26, 2017
I will preface this by saying I have never read this author's work before, so although I know this is the first in a spin-off of her Drake Sisters series, I was not familiar with Sea Haven or any of those characters.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book primarily because of the main female character. Rikki Sitmore is an autistic woman, living on a large farm with her four adopted "sisters" - all of whom have some kind of tragedy or difficulty in their past. Rikki's is that there have been several fires in her life that have killed people close to her. She's worried that perhaps she's subconsciously starting those fires. At the beginning of the book, she's busy living her life the best way she knows how, as a sea urchin diver obsessed with forming every inch of her existence around preventing fire near her or her loved ones.

Lev Prakenskii, the male main character, is a Russian operative (assassin mostly) who ends up in the ocean during a rouge wave. Rikki saves his life. They form a strong bond almost immediately, although I was pleased to see that it came mostly from him first. He clings to Rikki as the first person in his life to really see him, not just see his usefulness. To be clear, I enjoyed this because most romance novels I've read have that happening in conjuction with the woman swooning and falling all over him, being sweet and understanding at every turn.

Rikki isn't the typical romance heroine. She does take care of Lev and she does provide understanding without judgement, but she does it in a far more realistic way. She tells him she'll kick him out if he's violent toward her or her family. She never wavers from being the boss of her boat, her house, or her existence. Even when Lev begins to push her outside of her comfort zone, he asks first and defers to her judgement. My favorite scene in the entire book is when Rikki goes to the local grocery store to buy food for Lev, and nearly has a breakdown. Her autism means that she find bright lights, noises, and people uncomfortable to the point of pain. I appreciated that the author did not shy away from portraying how debilitating autism can be - but also how people on the spectrum can adapt to a society not built for them, living their best lives without fear or hesitation.

(I am going to temper that last paragraph a bit by saying I'm not sure how convinced I am that anyone like Rikki - who abhorrs touch and change and new things - would immediately fall into Lev's arms and allow him such physical access to her at all times. But, hey. They have some kind of crazy soul connection, right? I guess it's okay.)

The sex scenes were detailed and hot. The minor characters were of passing interest. I thought the plot was thin and wrapped up entirely too quickly, although I did enjoy that Rikki manages to use one of her "freak outs" as a plot device.

All in all, a solid read. I think I'll pick up the rest of the series as I'm curious what Rikki's "sisters" manage to get up to with Lev's brothers.
on February 26, 2016
I'm speaking as an avid and I mean AVID Feehan fan. This wasn't her best work. She obviously had a hard time figuring out where she wanted the story to go in the initial chapters. This made chapters erratic as they jumped between the characters point of view so quickly that you were confused as to who was thinking at any point in time.
As she got into the story, you began to see her typical Carpathian-espe male come out for the male lead but it was an admittedly different female character. I enjoyed her quirks as I learned more about her and she seemed a bit more HUMAN than the usual perfect female with trust issues she usually falls back on. But as usual, Feehan is an EXCELLENT story teller and after the awkward introduction of our main cast, you get sucked into the actual story.
I'm enjoying the story as it is, and I have about 30% left to read and I'm already buying the next few books. I'm floating between 3 and 4 stars at this point.
on August 4, 2017
Rickki knows she is different but she has worked hard to make a safe place for herself and her adopted sisters, a place she will fight for. Lev is a ghost, assassin, lost, and injured. Vikki is also an urchin diver and saves Lev's life after a freak wave sinks the yacht he is on. Nature brings them together and while their tortured pasts threaten them, together they complete the whole. Sensual, terrifying, thoughtful, and thought provoking, this novel will draw you in and surprise you! A great book!
on October 20, 2013
Most of us have just left Sea Haven with a nice, complicated ending involving beloved, well known character's and now we are back there with a new group of people that we don't know. When reading situations like this or going to movies like this it is important to not get caught in the trap that this new book series will be like the last one. You need to take it as a new thing entirely...because it is.
I mean, come on, did you really think she was going to drop Ilya or Elle (Aleksandr really) in on the very first book? And ruin the build up to it? This is the first book, an introduction to a whole new world. Even though we know the landscape, the season has changed so instead of looking for those spring flowers we've spent seven books exploring, start to enjoy the summer flowers.
Now to the nitty gritty. Having been autistic as a child and having friends with OCD, it makes sense for CF to reiterate the issues. For one thing it is annoying and that's how the autistic and OCD are seen because they are not the norm. For another, CF is stressing that Rikki's life begins and ends with her coping mechanisms. She wanted you to SEE Rikki, to understand her. Many people will not be able to 'get' it or her but try.
Other readers have complained about, um, let's call it poetic license. The accusations being that this out that could not have happened because of whatever. Puhleeze. Since when has CF NOT done extensive research? Whenever I run across something that seems like it doesn't fit, my mind immediately turns to how CF would have solved the problem. For instance, why didn't Jonas have Hannah call the wind? Because she's pregnant and no way would he risk her if it didn't involve immediate family. Also, he has a sixth sense of psychic gifts and would know these women had their own magic as well as the fact that having a brother of Ilya's around meant psychic gifts as well. CF doesn't state every little thing because she doesn't assume her readers are stupid and that if you can't figure it out at least you have faith that she knows what she's talking about.
Have I covered everything? Not by a long shot but at least I've put my two cents worth in and hope you will treat this book as the intro it is and know that with every succeeding book it will get more complicated and twisted and suspenseful as only Feehan can do it.
on August 28, 2015
I haven't read Drake series, so after reading the reviews, I was surprised to see so many negative reviews most which centered on characters from Drake series not being in the book more for this series. Not having read Drake series, I think this bok was an awesome romance and what I would expect from Me Feehan. One of my favorite authors.
on January 13, 2012
Summary:
This book picks up right where the last Drake Sisters novel left off, on the day of the mass Drake sister wedding. Rikki is a sea urchin diver with an affinity to water. On the day of the wedding she is out at sea farming for sea urchins when the huge wave that the Drakes sisters combated back knocks Rikki off her boat and back into the ocean. Thankfully, she still had all her gear on. While in the ocean a large man is being knocked around in the aftermath of the waves, Rikki grabs onto him and pulls him back onto the boat. When Lev comes to on a boat, he realizes that he is not sure who he is entirely but he does know that there is life threatening danger surrounding him. When he realizes there is someone on the boat with him instinct takes over and he goes for the throat, literally. When he comes out of his haze he realizes it is the woman with the eyes that pulled him out of the water. Rikki has no idea what to do with this man, she pulled him out of the water so she feels responsible for him, his life is depending on her and something about that resonates with Rikki and she knows without her he will probably die. He is severely injured and is convinced there is someone out there trying to kill only he doesn't know who or why. Rikki takes Lev back home with her under much duress, after 4 fires and the death of 3 loved ones she is not entirely sure she isn't setting those fires herself, so she has become paranoid about anyone being in her home. Lev quickly learned that Rikki is a very unique person and does not like anyone messing up her routine, but something about her stirs his protective instincts, which he never knew he had. He doesn't know much but he knows that he is a killer, but not in what capacity. As time passes Lev becomes stronger in body, remembers more of his previous life and knows it's not good. He also knows he wants to start a new life with Rikki and starts to build a new identity. Rikki is autistic with sensory problems; simple things like fluorescent lights cause her severe pain. After several fires and 3 deaths, Rikki found her "sisters" and same to Sea Haven where she has managed to carve out a peaceful existence for herself. Letting Lev into her life has been extremely difficult for Rikki, but his presence also brings her some sort of calm she never had before. She comes to accept his existence in her world. Lev recognizes Rikki as a water element and under his encouragement she starts to explore her talents more. She finds that she can do a lot more than she always thought she could, she can actually command the water in all its forms. Lev is not without his own talents; he can plant memories, see through animals eyes, and heal to some extent. But with all their talents combined can they combat the two forces that threaten the peace that Lev and Rikki have managed?

Review:
I have read some reviews where people didn't like how eccentric Rikki is, I disagree with that opinion. I really enjoyed her eccentricities (well I don't have to live with them, so it's easy for me. LOL). People come in all forms even autistic ones. Not all heroines are going to be perfect with no bad habits. What I like about Rikki is despite her disabilities she has she has found a way to live her life the best she can. I can't even imagine not being able to go into the grocery store because the lights cause her pain. Yet Rikki has managed to become a productive member of the community as well as on the farm with her "sisters". Lev is a government agent for Russia and is tired of living in the shadows, once he starts remembering things he realizes this is his chance to get out, for Lev to die and Levi to live. He knows that he wants to start his life over with Rikki, when she looks into his eyes he feels like she is looking into his soul. He knows he's met someone that he can really start over with, someone that accepts everything about him including his past. It was so sweet to see this hardened killer, really accept someone that would realistically be very difficult to be with. He is willing to do what it takes to keep Rikki stable and able to manage within her personal limitations. You get the feeling that these two are the only two that could possibly make it work with each other for the long haul. I do want to note this novel is more of an emotional story there is very little "action" and what little "action" there is, is at the end. What I did not like about this novel was Ilya did not make any appearances, which was one of the reasons I picked this book up. He was my favorite male from the Drake sisters. I waited the whole book for some sort of reunion and there wasn't one. That was a bummer! And the cover if this book is terrible! So please don't judge this book by its cover. Lol!
on January 26, 2017
Christine Feehan is a wonderful writer pulling me into each story she writes, I will never get tired of reading what this this author pens! A woman with autism who can control water meets a man who is stranded in the ocean after a boating accident. She saves his life and their adventure begins. Being autistic makes her life difficult, adding another person to her routine is nearly impossible! He needs help because he suffers a concussion from in his accident underwater being battered against a rock shelf.
on March 12, 2011
No SPOILERS or plot summaries. Recommendations included.

HIGH LEVEL: Book 1 of a new para-romance series that builds off of Feehan's "Drake Sisters" series. I recommend you read the Drake books first. It isn't entirely necessary, but many of the supporting characters were introduced there first. This world is steeped in the magic of nature in addition to the varying psychic skills of the characters. The only monsters you'll find are the same ones we see in the world at large- except here they can read your mind.

ATMOSPHERE & MAGIC: If you read the previous series, this will feel very familiar to you. I was a HUGE fan of the Drake series and am finding myself completely enthralled with this new Sea Haven one as well. The magic is refreshing and the importance of the ocean and the environment makes me feel right at home. There is an abundance of wildlife featured in this book- from the ocean creatures to the gardens to the woods to the skies. The landscape plays a big part in this story.

CHARACTERS: The characters here are both damaged- with serious psychological injuries, some that will heal and some that won't. Watching them heal each other was a joy. I have to say that I REALLY, REALLY appreciated the care that went into creating Rikki- a woman who manages her independence in spite of autistic handicaps. As a person who edges close to some of those symptoms, I found her a wonderful character to relate to and watch others have to work around her strength. There was no pity, no need for rescue. It was an interesting- and HIGHLY insightful- angle on romance when the man has to work to be noticed "as a man" to a woman who clearly has no need of him at all. I am very impressed with this character.

It was a little confusing at first trying to work out how much Lev, the male lead, actually remembered versus how much he was trying to keep hidden from Rikki. From the middle of the book on, I felt we got almost too much of Lev's inner thoughts and not enough of Rikki, but it certainly cleared up any confusion around him from the early pages.

PLOT: Pretty simplistic overall, but just enough components to keep you interested. It felt a little too thin by the end as the resolutions came a little too easily.

BOTTOM LINE: I loved this book- it wasn't perfect, but it was worth any small complaints I might have around the plot to get to know Rikki and watch Lev work his butt off to win her over. It was also fun to get a lingering glance at a town and a few characters that I had already come to love.

RECOMMENDATIONS: (hard to find something very similar... these have something of a similar atmosphere)
1. Christine Feehan's Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, Book 1)
2. Anya Bast's Witch Fire (Elemental Witches, Book 1) - light para-romance
3. Nora Roberts' Dance upon the Air (Three Sisters Island Trilogy) - light, healing magical romance on the opposite coast
4. Moira Rogers' magically diverse romance series Crux: Southern Arcana, Book 1
5. Nalini Singh's Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changelings, Book 1) - romance series which features weres and psychics, but also carries plotlines with some substance
6. Eileen Wilks' procedural crime featuring werewolves and romance Tempting Danger (The World of the Lupi, Book 1)
7. Christine Warren's somewhat inconsistent, but often awesome series featuring werewolves, demons and vamps Wolf at the Door (The Others, Book 1) - skip the one about werecats, it had a weak female lead
on September 15, 2017
I like this series. Each book is complete on its own, and also part of the whole. Each character is so special and unique that I enjoy meeting each one.