- File Size: 593 KB
- Print Length: 22 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: September 30, 2010
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0045JK408
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #28,519 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
Water and Other Stories Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The second story, ANGEL'S SONG, is a bit different. This one takes place in a different world, one with dual suns. The author tells us that it is a companion short story to the novel "The Thorn" book one of the "The Chronicles of Gan." Jacob's father had been killed by a strike of lightning near a tree, and the tree stood as it had since the lightning strike. Jacob always avoids the tree, even looking at it, as he goes to help an older man and to bring food to him. The older man, named Eder, likes Jacob, who is still a teenaged boy. One day Eder reports that he has to go away and he wants Jacob to stay at his house and tend to his duties for him until he returns. Jacob's mother agrees, and it is then that Jacob knows that his mother trusts him and considers him a man.
What transpires after this shows the religious and spiritual nature of the author and the story. This is evident throughout the three stories. Even though this story takes place in a different time and a different world, it is relevant to our world and to coming-of-age stories.
The third story is WATER. This short story is based on the healing at the pool, a biblical story. To anyone familiar with the book of John, the answer is given in the description of the man who comes to the character of Moshe and says, "Wilt thou be made whole?" I thought this was a very tender story of a man who went wrong and later on wishes he hadn't. The outcome some will probably know.
These stories are worth reading, just for the messages in them and for a nice collection of inspirational stories.
I'm extremely glad that I did. It is quite the inspirational work. There are three short works within it, one that's based in modern day and two that are based back around the time of Jesus. The first, from the eyes of a homeless man, was my favorite and really lifted my day.
If you are looking to be inspired, in mind and toward action, then pick this up. You'll be glad you did. I'll be looking for more of Daron Fraley's books in the future.
Have an amazing day and do yourself a favor and download this wonderful work!
These are three lovely, inspirational stories drawn from biblical roots, told from new points of view and updated with the kind of little twists that make them thoughtful allegories for modern readers. The author, Daron Fraley, crafts his stories with skill and realism, while grounding them in a spiritual super-text that takes each character on a small journey through a dilemma or question and leads them to a destination of personal realization in which there is no doubt or confusion as to the meaning. My personal favorite is 'Petitions', partly because of the humor and wit of the main character. This is a book of stories that a person of faith might enjoy sharing in their family, but they can be enjoyed by anyone regardless of their beliefs because they access universal concepts of sharing, joy and self-discovery.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Fantasy
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Anthologies
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Anthologies & Literature Collections
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Collections & Anthologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Historical