Kindle Oasis Water-Safe Fabric Standing Cover, Charcoal –9th generation (2017) release
- Designed by Amazon to snap perfectly onto your all-new Kindle Oasis
- Textured fabric that feels like the binding of a book and is water safe
- Slim design that can transform into stand for hands-free reading
- Opens like a book, waking Kindle Oasis when opened and putting it to sleep when closed
- Choose from three colors – Charcoal, Indigo, and Sandstone
- Removable cover designed for your all-new Kindle Oasis; 9th generation (2017) only
We want you to know:
This cover is designed to personalize your Kindle Oasis, while protecting the display from dust and scratches when not in use. It is not built to protect against accidental drops. It fits the contours of your Kindle Oasis without fully wrapping the device, leaving the corners and the handgrip portion of the aluminum back uncovered. We recommend detaching before reading for the lightest possible one-handed experience. Available Covers: Kindle Oasis Premium Leather Cover | Kindle Oasis Water-Safe Fabric Cover
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There are two ways in which the cover fails almost 100% of the time:
1. Fold it behind your Kindle like you would a paperback cover (yes it’s intended to be used this way, because the magnet sticks the cover flap to the back of your Kindle in the folded position). Then when you try to fold it back to the closed position by pushing your fingers between the Kindle and the cover flap, the cover comes right off, smooth as butter. If you’re holding the Kindle up at the time (as opposed to, say, laying it on your lap), then you’re guaranteed to drop your cover, Kindle, or both to the ground.
2. Fold the cover behind your Kindle and lay your Kindle flat on the table. Then when you attempt to pick up your Kindle by gripping the exposed metal, the device comes right off, leaving the cover on the table. No amount of force is necessary to do this. The device literally peels right off the cover, as if it were designed to do so.
This cover is bad. Even if you accept that it leaves a big part of your device completely exposed and that the cover itself has uncomfortably sharp edges, and even if you were to consider those as “design choices”, the fact that the cover does not stay on, and potentially increases the chances of dropping your device as a result, makes this a failure.
I’m almost tempted to return my new Oasis itself and go back to the impeccably designed Voyage + cover combo as a result of this experience. This is the worst ever design from Amazon, and I’ve had every single Kindle and cover combination since the very beginning. FAIL.
and nearly as worst of all is that you literally cannot hold onto the slick and slippery oasis 2 without some sort of gripping aid. i understand the cell model has a rubber area, but my wifi one is all slick all the time.
Having now also seen the third party covers with hard backs that cover the entire back, I prefer this partial cover. It allows for customizing with decals and it also is lighter weight than the full versions.
What has gotten no attention tho is that the texture of this cover picks up dust and fur with great ease. My cover is rarely a pure indigo but rather a lightly furred version. It does repel water, but looks well-used all the time.
Bottom line is that I think this cover took a bum rap for its design. In use, it’s the best cover out there. I’ll live with the dust and fur for its ease of removal, protection, and light weight.
- The cover magnet isn't strong enough and keeps falling off
- The "stand" flap doesn't securely support the Oasis in a standing position on a hard flat surface, and definitely not on a lap, pillow, or bedding.
- I chose the fabric so it could withstand potentially wet hands from being poolside or at the beach. However the fabric is so rough my hands begin to feel sensitive at the holding points. I suppose it's rough to give a sense of grip, and water resistance, but it's just annoying to me, and uncomfortable.
It's hard to imagine Amazon had many, many, people approve the product design of this cover and say, "yep, that's great!" At this price point I expected more. If it was half this price it would still be a possible return.
I just came on amazon to check to see if others had issues and unfortunately that's the case (no pun intended). I was resigned to ordering a leather case but that looks like a no go as well. If nothing pops up over the next week or two with this issue -I may have to send the Kindle back until they get a cover. My trusty older Oasis version has been many of thousands of miles and been safe and protected all the while. It's also quite a bit lighter than this one - meaning I worry more about this 7" version and dropping. Amazon rarely has this bad of quality control - I guess it had to happen sometime. Here's hoping they fix it pronto!