Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 6 reviews
on July 27, 2013
We have a property which is periodically vacant and a leak could do significant damage. In fact, prior to purchasing the property it had been subjected to flooding from a ruptured water filter line under the kitchen sink. It was an expensive ordeal to repair the damage, but fortunately was covered by the prior owner's insurance. Once I took ownership, I worried about a potential leak developing when the house is vacant, resulting in catastrophic damage.

So, I purchased the WaterCop and placed sensors under every sink, washer, and toilet as well as in the mechanical room by the water heater. Now if there is a leak from one of these areas it will shut off the water main.

We have internet available at the site, so I using a Site Sentinel 4 remote control device that connects to the WaterCop via the RJ-45 connector using standard ethernet cable. This device is used in the communication business, but works well for many alarm/control applications. I have it programmed so that when it detects an alarm state from the WaterCop it sends me a text message. The device also alarms on power outage conditions and allows me to toggle the WaterCop valve on and off via the internet. Now, not only will a future leak be halted in its tracks, but I will be made aware of it within seconds and can take action. Pretty slick!

Of course, the protection afforded is only as good as the installation (proper location, confirmed RF signal transmission, wiring/programming of ancillary device) and maintenance issues such as replacing batteries and periodically testing the valve.

I have been overall pleased by the system. I think the receiver and valve are very well built. The remote sensors work fine, but I had to cut and splice the sensor leads in some areas to route it around, underneath or through cabinets. I'm not sure how I would revise the device to make that easier.

I recommend the system for peace of mind, especially for temporarily vacant properties, but even one's primary residence. Now that it is installed I do sleep better at night.
on August 24, 2013
Great product, installed on main waterline in garage. Placed sensor in kitchen, bathroom, utility room with water heater and wash machine. Tested the sensors with a table spoonful of water which immediately tripped the valve. The most difficult part of the installation was routing the waterline into garage from under house. Sensors are wireless and were a snap to install. Whole job took about three hours.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.