- Paperback: 112 pages
- Publisher: Watson-Guptill; Second Printing edition (June 1, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0823057062
- ISBN-13: 978-0823057061
- Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 8.4 x 0.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (18 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #266,347 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Watercolor: Simple, Fast and Focused Paperback – June 1, 1999
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The images presented cover a nice range, including tropical and local scenes, water scenes, figure drawing and portraits.
- I love the pictures, Mel's style, subject and composition appeal greatly to me. Personal taste I guess.
- love the philosophy: simple, fast, focused -- that is what watercolor is all about to me and what I strive for.
-- Mel provides some useful insights that help get the right mindset for this approach
None really. If pushed:
- Mel's attractive and distinctive figure drawing style could easily be mistaken for that of Charles Reid, very similar -- but it is a great style that I want to see more of, so I can't complain.
-- the fairly sparse text is less inspiring that the images. The images are great though, so they are tough act to follow --
and this is an art book!
A very attractive and inspiring watercolor book. Recommended!
Anyway, the books are worth every penny.
A 40 year artist new to watercolor.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Beautiful photos of his work but not much in terms of instruction other than in a general way. But I love it and am inspired by Mel Stabin's painting style.Published on December 8, 2012 by Amazon Customer
Love the book....hard to get because it is now out of print. Easy to read.
Now... the rest is up to you!
Ive read some books that its just too complicated for my level to follow. This book is simple and fun.Published on February 2, 2008 by BongCoy
If you love loose and juicy watercolor painting, you'll love this book.
It is filled with goodies, wonderful paintings and demos on how they were done. Read more
This excellent book is throughly deserving of its 5 star rating. The reproductions of Stabin's watercolors (150 of them) are beautiful. The text is clear and interesting. Read morePublished on January 1, 2007 by Carol D. Westphal
Stabin's book is aptly titled "Simple, Fast, and Focused". His book on watercolor has the perfect balance of visuals and text, each commenting on and highlighting the other. Read morePublished on November 9, 2006 by Stephen D. Rice
This is the type of artist-written book that I love! Mel Stabin is inspiring as well as interesting, and reminds all us would-be artists why we are doing this. Read morePublished on July 25, 2006 by Andrea Friedell