Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 135 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 161 reviews
on October 16, 2012
Purchased so I could push swimming to more than one mile a day. This makes swimming laps sooooooooooo much more enjoyable.

I'm disabled vet and can't do a lot of sports and exercises like I used to, but I can swim. I was up to a mile but it gets so tedious swimming laps. I bough this and today i did 2 miles for first time!

I swim fully underwater and it works. What's more to say?

I clip it to the back of my goggles and put extra wire from earbuds under the the goggle strap and it works wonderfully. Used it twice now and it just stays in place and works wonderfully. Will update if it fails in unreasonable short amount of time, but I am very impressed so far.
66 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2013
I purchased the Apple Ipod waterproofed by Waterfi in mid-Nov 2012 and it worked great until mid-Feb 2013 (about three months). It will no longer hold a charge. I contacted Waterfi and was instructed by Waterfi to return the Ipod and they would replace the battery. I sent the Ipod back on Feb 20 via certified mail. The USPS has attempted to deliver the Ipod twice, but no one at Waterfi will sign for it.
on July 17, 2013
Okay, so hopefully I won't jinx this by reviewing it. I've had it for four days. I know, not long enough, right? But it is....AWESOME. I swim laps. In a pool. And it gets boring, because I do this for two or three hours daily. This tiny little bundle of joy changed all that. Now I swim and have music! I end up swimming longer because I just want to hear what the next song will be, or want to finish the song that's playing and strangely it's good that way as a motivational tool. The buttons ARE a little stiff as people have noted but they all work, it stays clipped where you put it, the battery life thus far has easily held up to constant three-hour bouts. It's so small you don't even feel it clipped to your goggles or suit straps.
I DO recommend ordering the Waterfi extra short cord headphones (actually now Amazon sell the two items together as a set!) as they seem to be the better of the two different pairs purchased.
Waterfi offer a wonderful two-year warranty (which I did not notice with other brands) and from what I have read in the reviews they stand by it. Therefore I feel confident that even if something goes wrong and I DID jinx the product, I will be taken care of.
So basically- treat yourself!! You WILL love it.

UPDATE: OCT 2013: I still love this gadget. It works so well, it sounds good, the buttons have worked out their stiff issues...it can not be beat. More and more people are turning up at the pool sporting their waterproof IPods! I recommend WaterFi wholeheartedly. Excellent customer service, helpful tips...good folks.
So yeah: TREAT YOURSELF!
on June 4, 2013
My experience is similar to other reviews.

PROS:
- It's waterproof. With good earbuds I can listen to music while doing laps.
- The size of the ipod allows me to snap it onto my goggle strap. I don't even notice it while swimming.

CON:
- Battery died after a few uses. It's been one month since I received this unit and it's already dead. Constant red light (even after a day of charging) tells me that I need a replacement.

I am returning this unit to Amazon for a refund so I can purchase a replacement unit. I hope that the next shuffle from Waterfi will not die after a month. Swimming with music is a necessity - I will never go back to swimming without music and will find a unit that works. I am giving Waterfi one more try. I will update this review and let you know what happens.
on July 19, 2013
Lookit, we all know swimming is healthy and wonderful for the body. It is also incredibly boooorrrrrring! In fact, after 20 laps, it's hard to keep count. So load up this bad boy with 2 or 3 or 4 gigs of your music and then zoom zooom za-zoooom! You just need to keep track of say, 10 3-minute songs, and you've got yourself a decent work out. I even have a totally different workout mix since I'm pulling water instead of lifting weights. I chill with grooves that just mellow me out and I concentrate on technique and form. i've also bought a lot of head phones over the years. the pyles are the best imho.
on February 6, 2017
These folks are very nice. but the product is not. Got the supposedly newer improved one to replace the old one that was dead after couple of years of half an hour per day swimming in the city indoor pool. The first one died in 10 days, the replacement they send died in about 30 days. I'm switching to different vendors now. This is just too much hassle and now I'm to swimming in silence. Pity
on March 1, 2013
What is this magic?!?!?! Music?? Underwater?!?!?! You bring strong Juju Waterfi. Strong Juju indeed.

First off, lets start with the basics. Its an iPod shuffle and thats cool if you like the iPod shuffle.

I can only assume what this company does is dip a standard issue iPod shuffle into strong Juju and VOILA, its an UNDERWATER IPOD SHUFFLE!

Mine swims laps. Not on its own but with me. Specifically, I clip it to the back of my goggle strap, where I no longer even know it is there, kind of like a lamprey. From that position it can best enjoy its journey in the pool where it goes back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth...

The only downside is that the button responsiveness is not all there, I assume the Juju Shield between the electronics and water takes time to transfer the button press from the realm of magic to the plain old iPod Shuffle. The buttons work fine, they just don't have that Steve Jobsian 'click' that feels so good.

But since I am so busy swimming back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and so on it really doesn't matter. I just set it in the locker room and go for it. They even warn you of this Juju induced lack of button responsiveness so you expect it.

Its cool and it makes my swims 172% better. You may get better results but that would only be because you and I differ slightly in how we make up our own statistics on the fly.

I like it and highly recommend the latest episode of State of Trance. Thats a solid 90 minutes of DJ mixed music for your swim, if you can swim that long. If you can't swim 90 minutes thats ok, you can just listen to the rest where you left off the next time you swim. Its cool, its like golf, no one is judging.
on August 25, 2015
I highly recommend this item if you like the exercise of swimming laps. You will never be bored again. uy a square trade warranty you will not be disappointed. As others have recommended double your waterproofing by injecting some DI-electric silicon grease into the earphone jack. Next I would also recommend getting either a rubber sleeve for the ipod or fastening a piece of rubber insole or some such to the back of it with 2 sided tape as it will help with shock resistance for those special times when the ipod slips through your fingers and crashes onto the pavement below. I really just don't want to swim or work out without it.
on July 26, 2013
I love swimming. I have been trying to swim with music in my ears starting in the 90s. I thought it would be great to lap swim and listen to the music. It is kind of boring to swim back and forth. The minutes seem to drag on and on. I bought a Speedo radio in the 1990s. It stopped working after a while. Then, I stopped looking this kind of product.

Last year I had a knee injury and I went back to the pool for therapies. I found this product in Amazon and just could not believe there is such a great invention. I have been using this product since last November. It is still working. Reading from the reviews, looks like the company will try to fix problems. I give them kudos for that. The company also have videos instructions on their website of how-to use it. Kewl!

The one that is not working for me is the waterproof earphones (PYLE is the brand). The vocal sound of singers are so faint after a few months use in water. I didn't buy it from Amazon but I remember that this earphones product was cheap. Also, the cord of the earphones was too long to be used in swimming. I am going to invest the short cord waterproof earphones from Waterfi.

If you love water sports, I highly recommend this product. I am sharing a little secret...I even wear it in showers. :-)
on January 16, 2013
I bought this Waterfi waterproof iPod shuffle exactly one month ago. I used it about 5 times. After about 2 weeks, it started to lose battery life very quickly, requiring me to charge it every single time I used it. Now, when I plug it in to my computer to charge it, the light blinks like it is charging, but it does not charge more than 10%. After trying to charge it multiple times (and turning it on and off/resetting), the product does not turn on, play music, or show any indication that it still works.

I emailed Waterfi customer service for a replacement, but I have heard nothing yet. I liked the product when it worked, but until I get a replacement that doesn't stop functioning within a month, I have to say it is not worth your money. You are better off buying a waterproof case!

EDIT: Well, it seems that my review prompted a very quick response from Waterfi. I am receiving a new unit in the mail and will be sending my defective product back to them. I will test it out and update my rating accordingly.

EDIT 2: I received a new unit about a week later. It works properly outside water (charges properly and plays music). If anything malfunctions once I use it to swim, I will be sure to update this review again. For now, I am excited to give this product another chance!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.