Top positive review
63 people found this helpful
Great product! Just be patient while using it the first few times until the fit is perfected.
on April 19, 2015
First, my expectations were fully met. I wanted to have a similar experience in swimming as I do when I run which is to have a distraction to focus on while working out. I read many reviews before buying this product. Many mixed reviews. So I was skeptical. I purchased this product as a Christmas gift to myself from my spouse. There was some trial and error experimentation before I perfected using the headphone and iPod combination. Much of this has been covered in other posts, but I want to reinforce what worked for me. I have now been using this Waterfi product for 3.5 months.
1) As the instructions shipped with the product state, select the largest from the given rubber ear sleeves (shown in grey in the picture of the product) that will fit in your ear comfortably. This is a must to prevent water leaking into your ear canal and shorting out the speaker. If water does short out the speaker, don't worry. After it dries out once you are out of the water, it will work again. My first few tries, this occurred and just kept swimming because I could still hear music from the other ear.
2) Wear a swim cap that will cover your ears when you swim. The cap holds the ear buds in place and prevents other body parts from knocking them out or having them pop out from normal turbulence while rolling of the head or flip turns. I put on the cap and adjust it so it covers my ears before inserting the buds in my ears. Then expose my ears to allow the ear buds to be inserted. Also put on your goggles.
3) Turn on the iPod and select the genre of tunes if you have set up the iPod to play different music for different activities (I have one for Swimming and one for Running).
4) As the instructions shipped with the product state, pull the top of your ear up, when inserting the ear bud. I also will stick my finger in the pool water and then insert it in my ear before inserting the ear bud to act lubricate. It works! Make sure the correct bud goes in the correct ear (each bud is labeled with either R or L). I typically start with my right ear. Then I clip on the iPod to one of my goggle straps. Then insert the left earbud.
5) Once the earbuds are in place, cover your ears again with your swim cap.
6) Move the little black ring that keeps the separate wire of the two ear buds toward the bottom of your neck to limit the slack of the wires.
7) I typically check on the condition of my cap every 500-700 yards. Occasionally, the cap will drift above the ears. Just pull it back down and don't get frustrated because this is normal.
Hope this helps.