Other Sellers on Amazon
Crimson Sweet Watermelon Seeds, 150+ Premium Heirloom Seeds, 1 Selling Watermelon & ON Sale!, (Isla's Garden Seeds), Non GMO Organic, 85% Germination Rates, Highest Quality Seeds, 100% Pure
|Price:||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$0.51 (8%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- One of the most popular watermelons out there! Crimson Sweet has a tough, medium green rind with dark-green stripes.
- Seeds are great for Planting in Garden or for storing in a seed safe for emergency. As soon as the vines begin to develop, apply a thick layer of mulch to control weeds and protect the melons from soil contact. Keep the soil moist until the fruit begins to grow, then water only if the soil dries out completely. Watch out for insect pests, which can be a problem. Crimson Sweet melons are disease and anthracnose-resistant, and inhibit fusarium wilt.
- Annual. 85 days. 6-12" height. 5-6' spacing. Produces nearly round 25 lb. average striped green watermelons with crimson flesh.
- Latin Name: Citrullus lanatus Type: Open Pollinated, Heirloom, Warm Season
- USDA Zones: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Crimson Sweet Watermelon Seeds - Non-GMO - 3 Grams
Watermelon, Jubilee, Heirloom, Organic 20 Seeds, Large, Sweet N Delicious
Jubilee Sweet Watermelon Seeds, 75+ Premium Heirloom Seeds,Giant Long Watermelons Full of Flavor!, Popular & Top Seller!, (Isla's Garden Seeds), Non GMO, 85% Germination Rates, Highest Quality
|Sold By||Isla's garden seeds||Hometown Seeds||Country Creek LLC||Isla's Garden Seeds|
|USDA Hardiness Zone||3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10||1-11||3 to 10||3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12|
In cool climates, watermelon seeds should be started indoors, but no sooner than a month before transplanting; plant three seeds per peat pot, 1/4" deep. Provide heat to keep the soil at least 80-85 degrees F. Cut off all but the strongest seedling as soon as true leaves appear, and transplant about a week after frost; put two or three plants in each hill with a 6-8' space in all directions. Gardeners in warm climates will be able to direct sow watermelons as soon as the soil temperature reaches at least 75 degrees F, planting six seeds per hill with 6-8' of space in all directions. Thin to the strongest two or three plants as soon as the seedlings appear. Watermelons should be planted in full sun and rich, loose soil. Young seedlings may benefit from black plastic to warm up the soil.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Day 3 update: Several of the seeds have germinated already. Every seed germinated. The vines are widespread and resilient. Applied pesticide only a few times. Have seen white fly presence, but the vine is strong and healthy. The fruit is the size of a large cantaloupe, which is fine. The fruit taste and texture is good, but it is very seedy. We have had five melons so far, which is fine given the size of the planting bed. In hind sight I would have added some sand to the soil and fertilized another time or two.