Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 784 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 862 reviews
Enthusiast: Petson April 17, 2014
I recently moved into an apartment, and the shower head was just awful. It took me quite a long time to rinse the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair. There was very poor water pressure which made my showers longer than they needed to be which was frustrating. So, I searched out this shower head and purchased it because the reviews were pretty good.
I'm so glad I decided to purchase this. One of the reasons I bought it was because it had 5 different spray settings. Now, I realize I do not need the 5 different settings because there really is only one that seems to work best for me. This shower head greatly increased the water pressure and cut down the time of my showers.
The shower head itself looks nice, but the cord is not that appealing. It is plastic and looks cheap. But at least this does not affect the functionality of the shower head (I don't think). I would probably purchase another one of these shower heads because I feel you get a good deal for your money.
Pros:
1. Increases water pressure
2. Has different settings (even though they may not all be useful)
3. Price is good for the value
4. Cuts down on shower time if you previously had a terrible showerhead
5. Easy to install (my boyfriend did it fairly quickly. Probably 2 minutes maximum
Cons:
1. The cord looks very cheap
2. The different settings are not all that useful
on January 15, 2017
It cracked - It hasnt even been 1 month of use. Now leaks at the base. Very cheap material. And can't even return it although within 90 days of purchase???
on January 21, 2016
As another reviewer has pointed out, the entire showerhead is plastic...as well as the attachments etc. I thought this was an exaggeration when I bought this but it turned out to be true. Not a big deal but still a bit of a surprise.

I gave this 4 stars because for the price I paid for at the time during a special, the showerhead dramatically improved water pressure in the shower I installed it in and made a big difference. (I wish I had replaced the default showerhead with this a year or two ago)

The above being said, some of the settings that you can switch this to do seem a little weak. For example, I did not notice a difference with the massaging setting. Some of the other reviews touch on this so I won't repeat what has been said by typing it out here.

At the time of purchase, I was hoping to nab a slightly higher-end model similar to the one I bought at Home Depot (that one the settings for the showerhead are noticeable...even the massage setting) but alas I could not find it on Amazon and settled for this. If you are in a situation like I was with a showerhead that had terrible water pressure and want to replace it with something cheap that does in fact work, I think this showerhead is a good buy. I recommend going with an Amazon sale where the unit is closer to $20 in price.
on April 19, 2017
Easy installation no tools needed. Just put it together with your hands. Parts are plastic and could be cracked if using pliers.
I rated this 3 stars because the massage jets are weak but, if you are looking for a good shower head to save on water this is the one. The shower setting on the regular setting works great. I was not impressed with the other settings
on February 20, 2017
Good value for the price. Creates nice water pressure (I tend to like the spray patterns as opposed to the massaging ones), and the head itself has a good looking finish). If there's one real complaint, the plastic o-ring that comes with it I found to be too thin to prevent leaks at the connection (even with plumber's tape on the threads), so I had to drop $0.15 at my local hardware store to buy a real black rubber o-ring. And minor complaint, the hose looks cheap (plastic), so you may want to invest in a better looking hose if you care about how it looks.
on September 26, 2016
Preface: I switched over from a wall-mounted 2" Moen with no model number, inconsistent water streams, but had good surface area and decent water pressure.

This handheld showerhead comes with 5 different modes. The first and second modes force water out of the three jets closest to the center. Apparently one is a powerspray, and the other one is a pulsating massage, but I couldn't tell a difference; they both just forced water out. The third mode is a general spray combined with the second mode forcing water through the center jets. The fourth mode is a general spray (what I use). The fifth mode sends out mists everywhere. The water pressure in general spray mode is good. I've used stronger showerheads before, but this will do the trick. Just leaving my hand in the spray gets it a bit numb. Some people might complain that it's not strong enough, while some people might complain that it's too strong.

My 2" Moen sent out water streams that were fanning out, so it covered maybe 12" of surface area. This Waterpik is about 3" in diameter, but in general spray mode, the water stream comes straight out instead of fanning out. So the surface area is only about 3". I tried leaving it between modes 4 and 5 so it gets some general spray, and some misting to cover more surface area. This does the trick, but the water pressure obviously drops. Compared to my Moen, there isn't a single area under the stream where I don't feel water hitting.

Also it may not be a coincidence, but I noticed that I had to turn the water temperature to a bit hotter than normal. I installed the Waterpik filter as well, and with it being a handheld showerhead, I think a noticeable amount of heat does escape the tubing, relative to the wall-mounted Moen I had before.

The packaging was hard to open, but the Installation was easy.

Overall: would buy again, but I wish the spray fanned out more to cover more surface area.
on January 9, 2012
This proved to be a very poorley made cheap product. The product is made of all cheap plastic. The nut which screws onto the pipe is plastic and immediately cracked in half. The hose is also a cheap garden hose type which does not have the weight to hang down. The hose causes the shower head to twist to the side when in the cradle. I returned this to Amazon and I almost never return products. I really do not know how anyone could rate this as acceptable in any way.
Enthusiast: Petson September 5, 2012
I've owned the White Original Water Pik without issues since 2001 until it started having issues of not working anymore over the last few months. It proved to be a reliable item. If this one works for half that time I will be pleased. Of course, I wanted to replace it with the same item, but for a few bucks more, decided to upgrade with this one and I wasn't disappointed. This is a great shower! It has terrific water pressure, too, especially without the water flow adjustment impeding the flow. In fact, the water pressure is so great that I can't recommend it for use in a small stall shower. In a small stall shower, with the water on, you won't be able to soap up and shower. I do recommend this if water pressure is a problem for you. It is as described and arrived promptly.
To ensure that the hose lies down instead of kinking up, when I received the shower, I hung the hose outside on a chair in the sun for a few days to make it pliable. When I put it in the shower, it hangs down almost as it should. With regular use, it will stay as it should. All in all, this was an excellent purchase. I have no regrets. The shower does have a limited lifetime warranty, which is for defects in workmanship, not if the shower just stops working. Plus you'd have to pay for return postage: might as well just get a new shower. That is just my opionion.
on July 4, 2017
Replaces another Waterpik shower head that died. Yes, it expired. Started squirting water around the perimeter of head. Must have blown a gasket, or something. I actually liked it a lot, and, yay... I like the new one too. Not exactly the same, but very nice water flow. Didn't need the new hose, but I know they give out too eventually, so it will be here when I need it.
on October 28, 2016
I got this shower head because I needed one that was flexible during my recovery. I have to say that now that I am back good to go I STILL use it. I love the pressure settings and also the fact that it sits so high up it makes it a breeze to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. The tubing is long enough to reach the entire distance of my large tub as well. Don't forget to use the plumbing tape because it is absolutely necessary.